Thread: Pharoah out to lunch

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pharoah out to lunch

Hi to all,
    Kind of new to pachislos, so please excuse my terminology.
    I just purchased a Neo Pharoah Zeta (Yamasa) and can't get it to boot into play mode. I can return it to Ollies for a refund, but I'd really like to get this thing going. The belly lights okay and ElVision functions okay. I can set the odds, but the machine doesn't reset when I move the key back to operate mode. I've tried numerous sequences to get a reset, but the machine refuses to light the reels and coin slot. The machine always powers on with the odds level displayed in the "payout" display (as if it was still in the 'set odds' mode) and the top red light bar on solid (I don't know if this is normal). I compared everything to a working Neo Magic Pulsar machine and found that the circuit board on the Pharoah's door just above the speaker has a flashing red LED about every five seconds. The working Neo Magic Pulsar machine does NOT have this LED flashing. The key switch on the Pharoah power supply seems to be working (it turns the 'D' light on and off when toggled).

Sorry to be so long winded!

Any sugestions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pharoah out to lunch

My Neo planetT has a reset button in the middle of the inside of the door. It is grey and just beside the LED.

The inside key should also be turned to the off position.
    Last edited by johntofva; 12-11-2006 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to johntofva

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome.
    I don't have that machine but I know in mine. I turn power off, turn key, turn power on, set odds, pull spin lever down (to lock in odds), turn key off. Try that. I did not see that you were pulling the spin lever down in your post. I alway forget to do that part. I hope this works. If not I am sure someone here has that machine and will be able to help.
    SPIN LUCK #2973 *** KING CAMEL *** SINBAD ADVENTURE *** AUTOMATIC *** WILD WOLF *** DEATH VALLEY *** NEO PLANETT *** THE CYBORG SOLDIER 009 SP *** DESTROYER

5. The following user says "Thanks" to FTKServices

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have tried the same procedure to reset the odds that works for me on the Neo Magic Pulsar machine - turn power off, turn key to the right, turn power on, set odds, hold spin lever down (five to ten seconds), turn key off. At that point, the machine does nothing more. It seems to stay in the 'set odds' mode with the odds level displayed in the payout window, although I do see the red LED (D) go off on the board in the back of the case when the key is turned to off. Additional attempts at powering off, waiting and powering on give the same result.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

hmmm check all the conectors as the spinn knob conector or somthing to do with may have shook loose and there for stopping you compleating the nessasery sequence
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to drcrippen324

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead333 View Post
    Hi to all,
    Kind of new to pachislos, so please excuse my terminology.
    I just purchased a Neo Pharoah Zeta (Yamasa) and can't get it to boot into play mode. I can return it to Ollies for a refund, but I'd really like to get this thing going. The belly lights okay and ElVision functions okay. I can set the odds, but the machine doesn't reset when I move the key back to operate mode. I've tried numerous sequences to get a reset, but the machine refuses to light the reels and coin slot. The machine always powers on with the odds level displayed in the "payout" display (as if it was still in the 'set odds' mode) and the top red light bar on solid (I don't know if this is normal). I compared everything to a working Neo Magic Pulsar machine and found that the circuit board on the Pharoah's door just above the speaker has a flashing red LED about every five seconds. The working Neo Magic Pulsar machine does NOT have this LED flashing. The key switch on the Pharoah power supply seems to be working (it turns the 'D' light on and off when toggled).

Sorry to be so long winded!

Any sugestions?
    Thats a pretty good game to be found at Ollie's. The one by me normaly just has Bingo's and Automatics.
    Chris Dice
    Yo 11 any 7

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Chrisdice

Thanks
    Thanks Received

it sounds like you may have a defective key switch , are you handy with electronics or wiring ? you can open the power supply and snip one of the leads going to the key switch and try powering it on and it should drop out of the odds mode . if it does then replace the key switch with a toggle switch . if not then its possible you might have a board problem but I'm pretty sure its your switch if you've done the entire procedure for reset . also you might try apply an ohm meter across the switch and see if it changes when you move the key it will eliminate the switch if it does .did you buy it in this condition ??? good luck and let us know what you find ......
    Jeff

12. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead333 View Post
    ...although I do see the red LED (D) go off on the board in the back of the case when the key is turned to off.
    Quote Originally Posted by drcrippen324 View Post
    hmmm check all the conectors as the spinn knob conector or somthing to do with may have shook loose and there for stopping you compleating the nessasery sequence

I'm leaning toward that spin knob too, Doc.

Especially if the LED is showing keyswitch closure.

Is there an LED to show the status of the spinknob on this model???
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!

14. The following user says "Thanks" to logicprobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

should be one , but it still should drop when the key is turned despite whether its finished or not how many times have we seen the message "despite setting the odds 20 gazillion times it doesn't hold" only to find out they didn't hold the spin knob before turning the key back .....may just be a bad board .
    Jeff

16. The following user says "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think drcrippen is on the right track. I had a similar problem due to a loose connector coming off of one of the circuit boards above the reels. Take a moment to push/pull all the connectors and I hope all will be well. Best wishes.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to tmartin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thumbs up Re: Pharoah out to lunch

Pharoah returns to the land of the living!!

I went through the machine and played with each wiring connector to no avail. I then decided to get into the spin knob area and proceeded to take off all of the connectors to the reset board. That's when I found an unconnected wire on the harness to the spin knob. Luckily, the wire still had the entire pin assembly attached. After much tribulation due to the smallness of the connector and pin (and my eyesight), I was able to get the wire inserted. I put everything back together and tried an odds reset. The spin knob now indicated on the board in the back of the machine - it didn't before. A flick of the keyswitch and everything was good to go - reel lights, ELVision, etc. A few games later and I was feeling good about the situation - no return to Ollie's for the Pharoah! I did notice that the ELVision buttons are not working (They used to), but I'm going to leave well enough alone, for now. Probably missed a connector hookup. I don't think I'll miss the Japanese menu items as long as the main ELVision displays are working during the game.

I just want to say thanks to all for your suggestions

20. The following user says "Thanks" to pinhead333

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very cool...
    Spin knob connector(s).

Another happy PachiTalk customer... so I'll close the support ticket for you.
    We'll just send the bill to Ollie's.
    logicprobe
    Retired - Living on a Wing and a prayer!