Thread: Cranky Condor : Universal Payout Setting Verification

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cranky Condor : Universal Payout Setting Verification

Hi all -
    I just recently got a Universal Cranky Condor game, and I am unsure if I am successful in resetting the Payout Schedule (Odds). I have followed all of the directions that I have found on the subject. However I don't think that it is working for me . Every time I turn the machine on with the key in the reset position it appears that the setting does not indicate the level that I set previously (its always 5), is this normal, I can't really tell if I notice a difference in the payout schedule. I get the feeling from everything that I have read that I should be able to verify the setting without changing it right ?

Thanks
    Brad W.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cranky Condor : Universal Payout Setting Verification

welcome to Pachitalk! grep123 once you have the ods set where you want it hold the spin knob down for a fewe seconds, turn key back and it should take, See the odds setting video for hints. in the how to section.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

3. The following user says "Thanks" to slothappy144

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also have you read through the first section on the main page at the top titled "So You're New To Pachis" It goes over alot of the basics, and will answer alot of questions if you are new to the hobby.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for quick responses, in rebuttal, yes I did read the information on the website before posting, I thought I made it clear that I followed all the directions that I could find. My original question still stands however, shouldn't I be able to verify a setting by powering the machine down again and turning the key to the reset position again ? And if that is a legitimate expectation is there something perhaps specific about a Universal Cranky Condor that could require more than just pressing the Spin lever down once (for up to 10 seconds), (I also tried the Credit keys as well). Thanks again.

-BW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

when you change the odds there should be a number either on the outside of door or inside the machine showing your odds setting. 1 to 6.

after you depress the joystick and turn the odds key the machine will be set to that number.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ummm okay, so should I assume that since I can not verify the setting that I previously made following the readily available information on this site and give multiple times within the body of this post that there may be something wrong with the machine.
    I really don't know how to break it down and easier, but I will try in hopes of receiving some further assistance.

I have a Cranky Condor game made by Universal, I turn off the machine and put the key in the reset switch and turn it to the reset position, (i.e. not the run position), I turn on the machine. The machine starts and after a few seconds the Bonus Count LED shows a number 5, pressing a button located next to the key switch, causes the number displayed to go be sequentially between 1-6. If I settle on a number, lets say 1, I press and hold the Spin lever for 10 seconds, (during this time nothing appears to happen, this may be normal), I then turn the key back to the run position, and turn on an off the machine. The Machine restarts, the coin hopper does not move, but the Insert Medal Light blinks, and the Credit Collect button is lit. I would assume this means the machine is reset, (also it erases any previous credits that may have been on the machine before the reset).
    I then shut the machine down again put the key in the reset position start it back it up again and the number that appears in the Bonus Count LED is 5 again. My question is, does this mean that my attempt to reset the odds failed or is this normal ? Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you turn the reset key back to the run postition are you still holding down the spin knob? If not, try it.

Hope this helps
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

also try pressing the spin lever down a few times, when you turn the reset key back to run don't shut the machine off.

a charged capacitor holds the settings, it may be discharging too quickly.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi all -

Thanks for all the help, I think I am pretty confident that I am able to change the payout setting. I figured out that if I put the key in the machine while it was running, and turned it, it would show me the setting that I had set, so I am pretty confident now that it was working all this time. I suppose as soon as I turned the machine on with the key in the reset position, it would Reset the machine and display the default value which was 5, it all seems pretty straight forward now, but at the time I could not find any information that validated that, most of information that I have read appears to insinuate that reset is only complete after turning the machine on with the key in the reset position and pulling the Spin knob. Apparently just starting this machine with the key in the reset position is enough. Thanks everybody.