Thread: Fix for a particular reel sticking Problem.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Fix for a particular reel sticking Problem.

Since I have recently posted the Banker 9 vid I thought this would be a good time to go over a fix that I discovered for the problem in this old thread.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12901

Since that thread I have found that the problem was the alingment of the reel sensor within the #3 reel.

The reel sensor is mounted on the top side of a vertically mounted metal tab from the base of the reel cage. Along the side and turned within a reel.
    This is the typical setup.

The reel cage is a metal unit that the reels are mounted to within the machine.
    The cage can be easily removed 2 screws or less for simple reel maintainance. Once removed the reels can then be separated from the cage

The reel sensor measures the speed and position of the reel and has 2 optics that a paddle on the reel must pass through.

If the optics are dirty from Dust,Debris,Cigarette Tar etc the sensor will not function properly

It the reel paddle does not pass evenly between the 2 optics the sensor will not function properly.

If the sensor doesnt receive the right readings the MAX bet button and REEL STOP buttons WILL NOT initiate and the reel may hesitate,skip and or stutter

The cause of my machines problem was the later, The reel cage is very thin
    and therefore very flexable. Since the sensor mounting tab is mounted to the base of the cage, a slight flex in the cage can twist or angle the sensor
    out of its proper alingment. In shipping the cage must have flexed just enough to angle the mounting tab back so that the reel paddle passed through it unevenly.
    I adjusted the mount EVER SO SLIGHTLY with fingertips so that the reel paddle passed pefectly between the optics the same distance apart.

Once adjusted the MAX bet and Reel stop buttons initialized and lit and the Reel spun as normal.

In the future when working around your reel cage be very careful not to jar or bend it and do a periodic cleaning of your reel optics with a Qtip and an electronics optics cleaner

Hope this helps with similar troubles with the reels, when the connectors, power supply, wiring , and any physical rubbing of reels to machine are ruled out as the cause.
    Led Zepplin

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Fix for a particular reel sticking Problem.

Awesome! It didn't even occur to me about the tobacco stains. I will clean the reel sensors to my Space Battleship Yamato and see if that help a sticky reel I got.

Nice Post!
    Youngjedi

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Youngjedi