Thread: Heiwa Duncan SP Pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Heiwa Duncan SP Pachinko

I have a Heiwa Duncan SP Pachinko machine that is having some problems, and I was wondering if you could steer me in the direction to try and get this fixed, or how I might be able to fix it myself?

I am having an intermediate problem where sometimes after 5 balls launched, or sometimes as many as 100 balls launched the machine will stop launching balls. When activating the launching knob, the actuator will just stop working and not even try to launch a loaded ball. I also notice that when this happens and if I try to hand feed balls into a payout holes on the playfield that the machine does not payout when this failure happens. I can feed a ball into the video slot machine hole and the slots will spin, but again no balls are awarded.

I have checked the ball launch mechanisms, and checked as many connections as I can for a loose connection, but I can't seem to fix the problem.

Can you help? My children love this game, and it has been down for a few months and i would love to get it working again.

Thanks,
    Troy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Heiwa Duncan SP Pachinko

go to the top of the screen and do a search for "dongle" see where that takes you it sounds like a loose connection of the dongle or a bad solder joint on the dongle itself.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As far as the payout goes, it's sounds like you might have a ball jammed thats preventing it from paying out. Trace the ball track from the top hopper down, there should be a mechanism with a cog on it that will count the balls to be released for payout. Put a ball in the activation pocket and check to see if that mechanism is releasing balls. If not, trace the ball track from that point and see if you can find one jammed.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Winnipeg Pachinko Correspondent dishpan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also check that the ball shut off gate/lever is not closed. It is found on the ball track above the payout motor.
    If you haven't grown up by age 50 ... you don't have to!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the machine apparently just shuts down but works fine at other times. this would indicate an electrical problem rather than a mechanical blockage. the fact that the shooter and the pockets die together points the direction to an electrical problem. go pull your dongle (off any machine) and you will replicate the problem as described.

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you have any pics or info for your machine? More info might help us figure this out....

...plus, older machines don't have dongles.

AND...

WELCOME!!!
    Last edited by MrGneiss; 12-02-2006 at 04:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like a problem on the power supply board on the back of the pachinko.

When the power enters the pachinko (after the mains voltage to 24v stepdown transformer), the power supply board usually splits and regulates the voltage to four voltage rails, 5 volts going to the cpu logic, 12 volts going to some of the interface circuitry and the LED lighting, 28v to the filament lamp lighting, and another 28v supply for the solenoids and motors.

It looks like there is an intermittent connection somewhere on your 28v solenoid/motor supply.

Double check all connections to the power supply board on the back of the machine. If that doesn't work then if you can get the plastic cover off the power supply board, lightly tap each of the components on the board with the handle of an insulated screwdriver (while someone holds the shooter handle on) to see if the fault comes and goes. If it does, then you've probably got a cracked lead, or bad solder joint on that component.

I don't recognise the name of this machine so I can't give any advice on where the power supply board is connected or any voltages to check for on the connectors. If you can upload a photo of the front and back of the machine I'm sure that one of us here will be able to help you locate where to continue your investigations into this fault.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes pics of front and back would be most helpful.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another question, how powerful a transformer does it have? Could be underpowered.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate