Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hopper Motor always on

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hopper Motor always on

good luck theres no such thing as prints on these machines . the only way to find it is to trace the wiring back to the pcb and follow the traces back to the drive tranny and replace it . its not hard if youve come this far and can use a meter to tell voltage readings you can do ths . the tranny will be in a group of like parts for reel controls and selinoid functions look for them on your board and trace back to your wiring .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Again, sorry I didn't mention all the steps I took. I assume alot. Since the motor is always on, I thought it may be assumed that there was also a constant voltage supplying the motor making it run.

I will take pictures of everything and post tomorrow.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you are one funny guy! have you removed you wiring and the power is still there? is so pull input wires other than mains power in and hopper cable. does hopper still run? if so you now know boards are good and relay in ps is bad.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the reason i asked is because some hoppers have a relay mounted on the bottom of the hopper that turns the hopper motor on and off others are controlled by drivers on the main PCB . if you have the voltage present for the hopper to run on the plug coming in then the problem is up stream on the PCB if not and it does have a relay it might be hung and need to be either replaced or tapped to allow it to stop (most units with relays are the older 100 volt machines like the universal hoppers ) . but you already had the answer before i ask the question . so now just trace the wiring back to the PCB then find the trace on the PCB and follow it back to the driver tranny and replace it or buy another PCB and you should be just fine .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I didn't get a chance to take pics, but I follow your advice...took my volt meter and traced the 24volts to the main (largest) pcb and all the way back to the power supply. Since I'm assuming (again) that there "should" be a constant voltage coming from the power supply, that the pcb between the power supply and hopper motor needs to be replaced (since I don't know how to trouble shoot any of the components). I ordered a pcb from stealth amusements...so we'll see if this fixes the problem. There is also a small pcb on the bottom of the hopper, but since the 24volts is contant coming into the board, I think it's working properly. I'll start by replacing the main pcb.

Thanks for all the advice and feedback! I'll post if the replacement works or not.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry for not getting back with a reply...the replacement PCB seems to have fixed my problem!

Thanks for everyone's help!

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mameroom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2