Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help with wiring problem?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Can anyone help with wiring problem?

Hi all.... we were totally stoked about getting our Speed Racer pachislo machine today, only to be disappointed by some damage in shipping. We know that we can contact the vendor - but, looking inside, the transformer box and wiring came undone in shipment. We've been searching the net to find a wiring schematic with no luck. Anyone here be able to help? We'd rather fix it ourselves than send it back. Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Can anyone help with wiring problem?

Can you send pics?
    Led Zepplin

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

please post pics of wiring so we know wich ones oyu on about and the answers will come thick and fast i promis
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I can send or post (if i can figure out how to post)

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

is just the transfomer loose with the wires off???

if so, the 2 machine wires go to 12 volt side and 2 power cord wires go to the 110 side.

or is the whole large silver box loose?????

to post pictures click on advance by bottom of post, then click on manage attachments
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

let's see if this works.

ok... the black wire in the front is not connected to anything, and the red wire going toward the back is not connected. I didn't realize how badly it was depicted when i took the pic! doh!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

your picture is a bit vague you need to un mount the transformer and turn it so the wiring is easily seen . but trace the line cord coming in from outside the machine it should be going to the thinner smaller Gage wires of the transformer (2 wires ) the wires going to the inside of the machine (2 wires) should be going to the thicker wires from the transformer . once you hook up the 110 outside wiring test the two inside wires with a meter you should be getting around 24 volt a.c. from it with the power on turn it off and connect the other side going to the machine and your done .turn it on and it should power up.
    Jeff

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok the wires should be in the cinection blocks at the back of the machine if you cn pull the payout hopper out and take a pic of the conection blocks i should be able to tell you where to wire them to

lol you thinking the same thing jeff
    Last edited by drcrippen324; 09-07-2006 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here are some other shots. i REALLY appreciate all the help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is what my Speed Racer looks like inside.

DSC01058.JPG

DSC01059.JPG

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you everyone! We've gotten the wires connected the way we think they should be, but now we have found a fuse that is blown, so it still won't power up.

Just has us bummed out... we were really excited about getting this one and looking forward to having some fun with it this weekend. Guess we'll have to continue playing the Super Bingo and the Del Sol machines for now.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That damage is similar to what I received with my Speed Racer. I did have a lot of other damage to the reels. I was tempted to put some things together, but then who knows what other damage might have occured. Especially if the shipping caused the transformer to detach, the machine had to of been bounced around quite a bit. I sent the damaged pictures to the vendor and they sent out a replacement machine the same day. It was another 7 day wait to get the replacement, but it came in great shape. I wouldn't take any chances on any hidden damage and get a replacement.

On a side note, the damaged machine is still sitting in my living room waiting for UPS to pick it up. It's been almost a month now
    Pachinkos: FEVER FLOWER MONTH, ROBOCOP, FEVER POWER WONDERFUL, POPEYE
    Pachislo: Speed Racer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by 2unes
    That damage is similar to what I received with my Speed Racer. I did have a lot of other damage to the reels. I was tempted to put some things together, but then who knows what other damage might have occured. Especially if the shipping caused the transformer to detach, the machine had to of been bounced around quite a bit. I sent the damaged pictures to the vendor and they sent out a replacement machine the same day. It was another 7 day wait to get the replacement, but it came in great shape. I wouldn't take any chances on any hidden damage and get a replacement. ...
    Agreed. Why take a chance (and perhaps even void a warranty by working on the pachi yourself)? Contact the seller and get a replacement.

THIS PLACE ROCKS !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

most vendors that I'm aware of would rather you go ahead and try to fix the machine if your comfortable doing so and wouldn't dream of voiding a warranty for doing so the cost of shipping another machine takes all the profit out of selling one considering the machine only cost them 30-45 bucks each and the shipping is 79 bucks you can see why they'd be glad if you can repair it .some even send people here to see if we can walk them through a repair .

as for the blown fuse was it blown before you repaired it and turned it on or did it blow after you turned it on ?is it the one pictured with the red wire inline fuse ?

from what i can make out in your pictures and i cant see the whole wiring with the hopper in the way ,but the blue thick wires should be correct right now and going into the power supply on the left side of the machine . the black wires should be connected to the line (110volt cord) coming into the machine from what i can see one of the black lines has an inline fuse added for extra protection ( I applaud the person that you bought it from for that addition they all should have that installed ) most likely the end of the fuseed line was what was disconnected from the transformer and shorted out when you plugged it in the first time . goto an electronics store like radio shack and get another pack of fuses the same size and replace it . what size did they have in it anyway ?
    Last edited by alstonj1; 09-08-2006 at 08:55 AM.
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1
    most vendors that I'm aware of would rather you go ahead and try to fix the machine if your comfortable doing so and wouldn't dream of voiding a warranty for doing so the cost of shipping another machine takes all the profit out of selling one considering the machine only cost them 30-45 bucks each and the shipping is 79 bucks you can see why they'd be glad if you can repair it .some even send people here to see if we can walk them through a repair .

as for the blown fuse was it blown before you repaired it and turned it on or did it blow after you turned it on ?is it the one pictured with the red wire inline fuse ?
    the vendor has said that they are looking for a replacement for us, so, they are taking care of the problem for us. Not exactly sure what "looking for a replacement" means at this point, but, they're willing to take care of the issue. As for the fuse, yes, that was the inline fuse that blew. We're not really sure if it was blown before or not

Thanks
    Thanks Received

did you hook up the wiring from the line cord to the fuse then to the black lead on the transformer ? the other line wire should be going directly to the other black wire on the transformer . then replace the fuse and try it youll probably find the machine works fine now . if your worried about the warranty call their service dept and tell them your talking to us and would they mind you trying to fix the machine while they look for a replacement im sure they wont mind at all and will be pleased if you get it working .

by the way whos the vendor?
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can fix it and cancell the replacement the vendor might ship you a bag of tokens for your trouble.
    If they can't find a replacement they might just refund your money then you would have to find a replacement yourself.
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1

by the way whos the vendor?
    we got it from Canada Slot.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

as i said ask if your worried about the warranty .... but assuming the machine was functional at shipment it will work if you hook it up as i said . you wanted help here it is your choice from here . the fuse was installed to protect the machine should the transformer short well you proved the fuse works by shorting the fuse out now rehook it up and replace the fuse and you'll be playing tonight .if wrong you'll have another blown fuse and no worse for wares........

note to self ( canada slots great low prices and excellent customer service and thinking about safety with inline fuses before the transformer ... NICE !!!!!! ) might just buy my next machine from them .......
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks again to all for the suggestions and help! Going to head out to Radio Shack today and pick up a fuse.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast