Thread: Seller blocked my bid!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Seller blocked my bid!

This isn't really relevant to Pachi, but it could actually happy to any Ebay user and I am so annoyed about it, that I just wanted to post here.

I am looking for a ceiling fan.. For my games room actually, so perhaps it is relevant.

On seller does them for approx £30 as a Buy It Now, but also lists them at auction where he gets between £25-£35 for them.

Since the season is near the end, he only has a few more in stock and I have been communicating with him by mail about a few questions.

Perhaps I was naive, but I told him that I was going to buy one, but I would see how the auctions go first to see if I could get a bargain and then I would go for his Buy It Now.

The first one ended earlier in the week for about £26 and the last one was finishing last night. I kept an eye on it and for what ever reason, the price didn't rise (I think because the weather has gone off a bit here in the UK).. With 5 mins to go, it was at £6, so I decided to place a bid.. When I did, I was told that I was "Blocked From Placing A Bid".

So the cheeky ******* knew that I was going to do the B.I.N so blocked me from bidding.. In the end it went for £9 and this has backfired on him because my bid what a LOT higher, but also because of this I won't be buying the B.I.N, just out of principal.. So, he has actually lost TWO sales!

The guy is a Power Seller too and I think that this is disgusting! It just makes a mock of what Ebay is all about.. Sure, I shouldn't have left it until the last minute to bid, but at the end of the day, if you put something to auction, you have to accept the consequences of not getting as much as you want for it.. Because because I was honest with him, he has used this against me and blocked me from bidding.

Needless to say I am not happy.. So a word of warning.. If you are going to buy something, try not to be to honest with the seller about your plans!

I hope that this helps someone else

Jon
    Pachislo :
    Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    King Camel
    Beast Sapp (Which I want to change for Sinbad)
    Tekken
    Pachinko :
    Star Wars (Which I don't get)
    Other Stuff:
    Hot Stuff (UK) Fruit Machine - MAME Cabinet - Fully stocked Beer Fridge

2. The following user says "Thanks" to jweaver

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Seller blocked my bid!

That is pretty pathatic that a seller would do that. I just wish there was an auction style site similiar to ebay that didn't have all the unnecesary BS but yet put a stop to the stupid BS, if that makes any sense.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

look in the argus catalouge i had 2 difrent ones one for bedroom one for lounge both under £30 delivered
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks.. But I need a 'specific' type which Argos (or anyone) don't sell. I already have one of the Argos ones in my bedroom and its fine, but not for what I need now. It needs to be low profile (So that I don't scalp myself) and not have a light...

The only ones which would do are this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=019

Except the "wing span" is a bit large..

So I wanted this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=020

Which hangs a bit lower, but has nice wall mounted controller.

So my only option now is either to pay hte B.I.N price, go without, unless I can find a different supplier!!

Jon
    Pachislo :
    Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    King Camel
    Tekken
    Pachinko :
    Other Stuff:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by scooby_doo_m2002
    That is pretty pathatic that a seller would do that. I just wish there was an auction style site similiar to ebay that didn't have all the unnecesary BS but yet put a stop to the stupid BS, if that makes any sense.
    There is, it's the new PachiTalk auction site!
    and a few others.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to minnesotabrad

Thanks
    Thanks Received

But I am not sure whether there is much of a market for "Ceiling Fans" on the Pachitalk forum.

Jon
    Pachislo :
    Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    King Camel
    Tekken
    Pachinko :
    Other Stuff:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Since there's no charge for a seller to auction an item and no restrictions on this type of item, maybe as we begin to grow a market will open up. We all have needs for other items besides pachis. A seller has nothing to lose by placing an ad, even if it doesn't sell.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A similar thing happend to me on eBay last night. I've been watching and bidding on an old Bally Continental Slot Machine (local to me). It's advertised as having one reel needing to be fixed (but in fact I've seen it "live" and two reels aren't working properly, no keys and it has other issues). In any case the first time it was listed for $0.99 no reserve, I was waiting until near the end and I believe there were no bids, so the seller yanked it off the auction before I had a chance to bid. So I called and asked if it was still for sale and to come down to look at it and make an offer as a "project" machine since I'm into fixing these things up now.

I offered him $300 and he said come down to see me. So I did, offered $300 again and he laughed and said he wanted much, much more. I upped my offer to $500 tops - I could tell he was interested, but no deal (he kept my number just in case). Then I noticed he had it listed in a local classified for $1200! (No way man.)

Then I see it come back up on eBay again. This time I bid early and bid up to $400 to see what will happen, knowing that no one in Canada is likely going to bid that high for a 70's broken slot (but I want one to work on and refurbish). It does go up as high as $150, but I'm still the high bidder. And then he does it again, just before I am about to win, he yanks the auction down because he doesn't want to let it go for so low. That's crummy, I can understand him not wanting to let it go, even if he has over-valued it, but he could either have entered a reserve or started the bidding at a higher amount. There doesn't seem to be any way to complain to eBay about this kind of seller behaviour either.
    Wayne ウェイン :rambo:
    ------------------------------------------------
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

They Don't Care, They Got Their Listing Fee
    "This is My Personal Opinion and no others"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i have an aristocrat Mk1 you can have. power supply missing 11 volt output only. 20p austrailian machine. with 500 or so tokens.can bring it to detroit in a month or so.this baby is near 5 ft tall!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

And, if the guy wants to keep sacrificing his listing fees, what a fool he is.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If the guy calls you, just offer him the 400.00 you bid, not the 500.00 you offered eariler

If it was me, I wouldn't go for a penny more than my bid!!!!
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog
    If the guy calls you, just offer him the 400.00 you bid, not the 500.00 you offered eariler

If it was me, I wouldn't go for a penny more than my bid!!!!
    Oh, no, at this point IF he called back, I would go back to offer only 300 - I'm not desperate, but when people call you back, it means they are.
    Hanabi Hyakkei | King Camel | Neo Pharoah Zetz | Sakura Pachinko | Nishijin Super Deluxe | New Sea Story | DecaInka | Bally E2000 | Gottlieb Centigrade37 | UK FRUIT MACHINES WANTED!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What annoys me about my situation is that the guy is a 'power seller' and as such, they are obligued to obay the rules.. But as Wayne says, there doesn't appear to be any way to complain about this kind of behavour.

I still can't believe that what happened to me actually did.. Not only did he sell the item for a stupidly cheap price to someone else, but he also lost a sale to me out of principal.

Jon
    Pachislo :
    Neo Pharaoh Zetz
    King Camel
    Tekken
    Pachinko :
    Other Stuff:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ebay dosn't charge to list in the UK???????. In the states they charge to list and again when you sell.

I would contact the seller and ask why and contact Ebay. Then I would buy from another vender.

On the slot, I think my next offer woud be $275.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, the problem with complaining to eBay is that they would receive and have to process so many. And who are they going to favour, one bidder with maybe 60 sales/purchases, or a power seller with over 1000 sales that's making them real money? In any case, I've let this thing go, not worth the angst. There will always be another opportunity.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jweaver
    Thanks.. But I need a 'specific' type which Argos (or anyone) don't sell. I already have one of the Argos ones in my bedroom and its fine, but not for what I need now. It needs to be low profile (So that I don't scalp myself) and not have a light...

The only ones which would do are this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=019

Except the "wing span" is a bit large..

So I wanted this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MEWA:IT&ih=020

Which hangs a bit lower, but has nice wall mounted controller.

So my only option now is either to pay hte B.I.N price, go without, unless I can find a different supplier!!

Jon
    Rotten lack of ethics,
    check this out http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...776&lpage=none

I don't think home delivery is an option in the Uk . they probably can ship though
    http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...5LK&lpage=none
    Cheers,
    Mike G
    Mikes Woodshop click on my game room link at bottom of page