Thread: Aruze 4th Reel problem...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Aruze 4th Reel problem...

I'm a coin-op video game and pinball collector and have been for a while, but I'm a newbie in the world of pachislo, so forgive me if I ask any silly questions...

I just purchased an Aruze Ohanabi Fireworks pachislo. It seemed to be working fine when I got it home, but after a while, I started encountering a problem (at least I think it's a problem).

From time to time, the fourth reel will start spinning when in the midst of a play (with an accompanying light and sound show). I assume from what I've been reading online that this is a bonus game of some sort. Problem is, the fourth reel never stops spinning. After I finish my current play, even if there are credits remaining, I can't play anymore. Tokens go straight through and don't register, and none of the buttons do anything. The only way I can stop the fourth reel and the lights and sound is to reset the machine.

I'm not sure if this is a problem or something I have set wrong--or the fact that the token hopper is empty (I have tokens on order).

If it is a problem, what should I do/look for?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

-Dave Ellis
    http://www.davesclassicarcade.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Aruze 4th Reel problem...

check and reseat all your connections, but, you can't really tell much until you get some tokens to play.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk, Dave. I have the same machine but I'm afraid I can't help you with your problem. I'm sure someone here can point you in the right direction. Nice Arcade pics.
    Never met a Pachi I didn't like!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely clean the contacts. (I already tried re-seating some connectors, but I'll do that again for good measure.)

I also have some tokens on the way (the machine only had one in it when I bought it, which is how I've been testing it). I had considered that the empty hopper could be part of the problem...but while I was fiddling with it and tried to cash out, it gave me what I recongnized as an empty hopper error--and that time the wheel inside the hopper was spinning, so it was obvious what the problem was.

I guess I'll just have to see what happens...

-Dave Ellis

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the funny farm we call pachitalk where fun is the main part of the daily diet along with a side order of info on machanics electronics and a pudding of laughs with fellow people intrested in the same things
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by dellis
    Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely clean the contacts. (I already tried re-seating some connectors, but I'll do that again for good measure.)

I also have some tokens on the way (the machine only had one in it when I bought it, which is how I've been testing it). I had considered that the empty hopper could be part of the problem...but while I was fiddling with it and tried to cash out, it gave me what I recongnized as an empty hopper error--and that time the wheel inside the hopper was spinning, so it was obvious what the problem was.

I guess I'll just have to see what happens...

-Dave Ellis

was going to ask if you got an error code but you already answered it. all you have to do right now is reset the machine and the code will go away but you need to fill the hopper or it'll come right back . just drop a hand full of tokens in and repeat till the machine is happy or if you don't have any tokens at all throw in some quarters as the hopper doesn't know the difference between them . but for gods sake don't run your machine on quarters or the pachi gurus will bring the pachi cops down on you ......... Later Jeff
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A big welcome to you Dave!!!

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi All,

Thanks for the welcome!

Well, I've tried everyone's advice--reseated the connectors, cleaned them, even reseated the two socketed chips on the motherboard. I removed the 4th reel assembly--looked okay, couldn't tell much because the motor seems sealed.

Still have the same problem--when the 4th reel starts spinning it doesn't stop and let me play again until I reset the machine. And I've got plenty of tokens now, so I know it's not that (always suspected that wasn't the case).

Any additional advice? Is there anyone I could send the board to in order to have it checked and, if need be, fixed? The machine is pretty useless to me in its current condition...

Thanks!

-Dave Ellis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the problem may be with the 4 th reel . as with the other reels it probably has a spin rpm limit it must attain before the machine can arm it and stop it .its possible its not able to do it . do you hear any noises or does the reel slow and pick up speed like its trying to recalibrate it ?
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wecome to the show!!!!!!!! Hope you get that machine running!
    Led Zepplin

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie