Thread: This is the stuff you come up with when your bored!

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default This is the stuff you come up with when your bored!

It doesn't take a lot of thought to drive (just keep it away from other people, at the speed limit and between the lines) so you have a lot of time to think about stuff when you drive for 10-11 hours at a stretch. So I came up with the idea (I don't have the money or skills to pull it off) for a little commercial/short flick for my Parlor, Gibisan's. Where it says THEME music, it's Get Ready For This, used at a lot of sporting events and the center piece music from Bring It On.

See if you can see it:

Gibisan's
    Parlor Commercial (short film)

Scene opens with a buisness Man standing at a bus stop in a large city.
    Overcast sky, filmed in black and white.
    Man is standing center frame, facing camera.
    He's wearing a suit w/tie, overcoat, hat, carrying a briefcase. Typical office drone. Blank look on his face.
    One Way sign off to side (so bus must run in same direction for later scenes).
    No breeze, no sounds except bus arriving. Bus is between camera and Man.
    Camera stays facing same way as Bus pulls away leaving a cloud of exhaust smoke, revealing that man is gone (on bus).

Cut to Man sitting on bus seat facing camera (Man in same screen position as opening, but sitting). Sitting in an aisle facing seat.

Cut to Man sitting at desk, (Dismalco), same screen position. Old looking furnishings, flourescent lighting blinks occaisionally.Lots of paper work on desk.

Cut to Man back on bus, same seat, same screen position.

Cut to Bus pulling away from bus stop leaving opaque cloud of exhaust smoke. Man standing in same position as opening scene. Man looks bored. Looks down (depressed) and sees a shiney token (token gleems). Bends over and picks it up and looks at it. Token is a silver, shiney Gibisan's token, flashes in his hand (even though sky is overcast). Man looks accross street and sees a Pachislo machine on a small table in front of an apparently abandoned 2 story building. Man looks both ways up and down street and crosses to machine.

Machine is old, dusty and lights flicker as if there is a short. Belly glass says "Gibisan's". Man inserts token, presses start lever and reels start to spin while THEME music plays thru machine speakers (tinny, cheap sounding). Man presses reel stop buttons one at a time slowly, reels stop on "Gibisan's Gibisan's Gibisan's". Machine lights up and starts playing more music, flickers then shorts out. Man, looking dejected, starts to turn away. First notes of THEME music play (starting low and soft and building quickly to normal tone and loud, stereo and clear), Man turns to see building changing.

Building Flip change- From bottom to top, timed with rise in music, next notes of THEME start as last panel flips. Foot high, full width panels of building flip sequentially from bottom to top revealing a full color building, lit with neon and other lights, big "Gibisan's" logo at top. As flipping progresses past door, machine on table dissappears during transition, doors now have frosted glass with "G" on them, bright brass hardware.

During first several bars of THEME music, doors swing open revealing second doorway (door already open), girls in bunny suits on either side of doorway welcoming Man in. Inside can be seen fully operating parlor. As Man crosses the threshold of the first doorway, he changes from black and white to color. Girls take his hat, overcoat, briefcase and bring him a drink.

During several notes of THEME, quick cut to scenes showing him:
    Winning at Pachinko
    Winning at Pachislo
    With jacket off singing Karaoke
    Having a meal and laughing with friends (parlor in background).

While THEME still plays, man is back at inside doorway, girls bring his hat, overcoat, briefcase. Overcoat over arm (more casual). Man steps thru first doorway into breezeway, stops. Doors close behind him. As doors finally close, music (still loud) stops, all is silent. Breezeway is in black and white (not quite dismal, but reminiscent of first scene). Man looks back for a second, turns forward, his face looking the same as it did in the first scene. Then man gets a grin on his face and steps thru second set of doors onto street.

Street is now all in color. Trees are green, sky is blue, birds are singing, children are laughing, sun is shining. Bus has just pulled up at bus stop accross street. Man turns and walks down sidewalk. Part way down, THEME music starts to play lightly, Man does little dance and continues walking.

Camera pans back to bus stop. Music fades to silence. Color fades to black and white, dismal as opening scene. As camera returns to position 1, bus is just leaving (in cloud of smoke). We see Another Man, same outfit as first Man but different person, just standing up after picking up something from the ground. He looks at it, then up and down street, then at camera. As he steps off sidewalk to cross street towards camera, cut to black and play THEME music. Display graphic:

"Gibisan's
    When Life Gets You Down,
    Gibisan's Lifts You Up!"

End

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

2. The following 15 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: This is the stuff you come up with when your bored!

WOW!!!

I like it!!
    Good work Compirate!!!

I hope this is a dream that can become reality...

Thanks for sharing this...

"I've stopped fighting my inner demons, we are on the same side now."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like you put a lot of thought into that and it shows......Well done.!
    Life
    It's what happens
    When you least expect it.

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

hey alot of thought you ar talking about the guy that eat sleeps drinks and now drives pachinko parlour

the way compirate is going he is only missing the bunny girls and a little time to wire everything together

His toy room is enough to make santa gelouse
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That would make a great little film
    Jim
    Yellow Cab, Pink Panther, Thunderbirds, Star War, 4 Single Shots, 18 Vintage Machines plus 6 assorted Modern Machines and a Gauntlet Arcade Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A very, very good idea, Compirate! Now to actually do it!
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum