Thread: Problem with Super Blackjack

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Problem with Super Blackjack

Hey Guys I need some help.
    I was selling games at the local flea market today. I had them all set up on the table for people to demo. They were all getting heavy play from 7am on. About 2pm someone says that the third reel on my last super blackjack won't stop. I go over and look and yes the button was not working. I look in side the game and make sure all wires are connected. They were. I powered off the game and did a full reset. I also changed the odds from 1 to 6. After resetting the game all seemed ok it took coin, I put in 50 credits then I went to spin. Nothing. Spin knob did nothing. I reset the game again changed odds agian and pressed down the spin knob to lock it in, and that was fine the knob is working when reseting but not in game play. Every thing else seems to work, hopper lights ect. I tried to search for this problem but didn't see anything close. Anyone have any Ideas? I have a warrenty so I can swap it out but I rather try and fix if I can and save a long drive.

as always

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Problem with Super Blackjack

Make sure that your max bet button isn't sticking, or any other button for that matter. It sounds like one of them is sticking and that signal is taking precedence.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

good thinking, I was racking my brain and didn't even come close to thinking about that even though its happened to me before
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt
    Make sure that your max bet button isn't sticking, or any other button for that matter. It sounds like one of them is sticking and that signal is taking precedence.

thats right on the ball ........ try a little windex on the buttons it tends to keep them from sticking . usually if you hit the panel like you would a coin jam it will popout enough to use the reel . just dont hit it hard enough to break the plastic .....oil from fingers and dirt accumulate around the edge of the button creating a ring and it tends to make the button stick when pushed in .
    Jeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lddrizzt has this one right. The heavy play caused one of those buttons to stick in a pressed condition.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well heres an update. I took the game out of the van to check the buttons. And guess what?.. The game is working like nothing ever happened. If a button was stuck, it freed itself on the trip home. I just cleaned it up and played it for the last 15 minutes and all seems fine now. Thanks for the help.

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Isnt it great when things fix themselves. Wish cars were that easy. Mike : )
    - Owner Video Game Connection -
    -" ATARI 2600 to NINTENDO SWITCH “-

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by vgc
    Isnt it great when things fix themselves. Wish cars were that easy. Mike : )
    I personally hate it when they fix themselves as you dont know what was wrong and when it is going to happen again. I'd rather find out the cause so I can fix it right.

Chris

Thanks
    Thanks Received

glad everything worked out for ya...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisdice
    Hey Guys I need some help.
    I was selling games at the local flea market today. I had them all set up on the table for people to demo. They were all getting heavy play from 7am on. About 2pm someone says that the third reel on my last super blackjack won't stop. I go over and look and yes the button was not working. I look in side the game and make sure all wires are connected. They were. I powered off the game and did a full reset. I also changed the odds from 1 to 6. After resetting the game all seemed ok it took coin, I put in 50 credits then I went to spin. Nothing. Spin knob did nothing. I reset the game again changed odds agian and pressed down the spin knob to lock it in, and that was fine the knob is working when reseting but not in game play. Every thing else seems to work, hopper lights ect. I tried to search for this problem but didn't see anything close. Anyone have any Ideas? I have a warrenty so I can swap it out but I rather try and fix if I can and save a long drive.

as always

Thanks

Congrats!!! I have one more point to add. I have had some similar problems with Yamasa Machines (and others) and I have found out what it is.. I am glad your problem was an easy fix. Inside some machines there is a relay board (on Yamasa it's located on the door lock side towards the top of the machine). If you look at the board it looks like little black boxes mounted on the board (these are the relays and they also contain capacitors) if a cap goes bad it will cause the relay to arc and it can virtually weld its self in closed position. This is a common problem on 1995 Yamasa Machines like New Pulsar Extra, Seven League, Divers, Pink Panther and many others. I just discovered this problem recently. It could also be caused by the amount of nicotine when people smoke around the machine. In any case usually the fuse on the board will blow. Change the fuse and if it blows again you know the board is at fault. Some people also call this board the "Stop Board" as it allows the skill stop switches to work. With this board not working the machine will act as if the stop switches in the front are not connected or just not working. Push them all you want and nothing happens.

Though this might help you or other people out..

Thats my 2 tokens worth of info heheheheh...

Tony
    When I was a kid I didn't just burn the ants with a magnifying glass I followed them back to the hole and commited ant genicide!