Thread: Redirecting the audio?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Redirecting the audio?

I've been using the search function, but have not found any information on this topic.
    Has anybody tried to add a headphone jack to their pachislo machine? We have all played our machines late at night with the volume turned down, but it isn't the same expirence as normal volume. I would like to redirect the sound from the speakers to a set of headphones. Cancelling out the speakers, and power to the headphones only. That way you could use the machine anytime, and the only noise created would be the spinning reels and the tokens hitting the tray. Would you need a seperate amp to do this. What do the electronic experts think? Can this be done .

RJ
    Super Black Jack - Dragon Dice - Spin Luck - Las Vegas - King Camel - Terminator(IGT) - Destroyer - Neo Pharoah Zetz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Redirecting the audio?

I dont see any problem at all! I used to add Phone jacks to my TVs and friends tvs. the jack recepticle shuts of the flow of electricity to the speakers when the phone jack is inserted by breaking the contacts to the speakers and connecting to the headphones its a very simple and clean installation. Just be sure to get the proper mono or stereo jack recepticle.I dont think you would need any special amps unless your headphones draw more then your speakers which is highly unlikely.
    Dont forget to dampen the coin tray noise! You can use selfstick rubber padding comes like a tape in many thicknesses and widths which you can easily cut to size with sissors. 4" by 1/8 works great I have only seen it in Black or Grey.

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You also could use kitchen shelf liner that you can get at the grocery store. Many colors to choose from, and cheap. Or that webbed shelf liner they sell for tool boxes. I've seen it in black or red. I don't understand about the phone jacks.
    greaser :burnout:

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The phone jacks are simple. With nothing plugged into them, the contact goes directly to the speakers in the machine. With a plug inserted, mini or whatever size, that contact is broken and sound goes to the plug.
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Tony Junior

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie
    I dont see any problem at all! I used to add Phone jacks to my TVs and friends tvs. the jack recepticle shuts of the flow of electricity to the speakers when the phone jack is inserted by breaking the contacts to the speakers and connecting to the headphones its a very simple and clean installation. Just be sure to get the proper mono or stereo jack recepticle.I dont think you would need any special amps unless your headphones draw more then your speakers which is highly unlikely.
    Dont forget to dampen the coin tray noise! You can use selfstick rubber padding comes like a tape in many thicknesses and widths which you can easily cut to size with sissors. 4" by 1/8 works great I have only seen it in Black or Grey.

if your going to do this i'd add the large plug stereo jack and get the pro model headphones with volume control .otherwise your going to need hearing aids very very soon ...... the problem is if you have a model with the third speaker you might have to add a switch with a resistor to simulate that speaker load i dont recommend a simple on off switch ,no load on the amp is not a good thing for the amp . but yes its very do able .......
    Jeff

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alstonj1

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would use wireless headset no holes to drill and wires to tangle

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to doug

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alstonj1
    if your going to do this i'd add the large plug stereo jack and get the pro model headphones with volume control .otherwise your going to need hearing aids very very soon ...... the problem is if you have a model with the third speaker you might have to add a switch with a resistor to simulate that speaker load i dont recommend a simple on off switch ,no load on the amp is not a good thing for the amp . but yes its very do able .......

Yes good idea... You most certainly would go deaf pretty fast. You could also use a resistor on the jack (that would surely reduce the volume) what value would you suggest Jeff?

Tony
    When I was a kid I didn't just burn the ants with a magnifying glass I followed them back to the hole and commited ant genicide!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by rjb0388
    I've been using the search function, but have not found any information on this topic.
    Has anybody tried to add a headphone jack to their pachislo machine? We have all played our machines late at night with the volume turned down, but it isn't the same expirence as normal volume. I would like to redirect the sound from the speakers to a set of headphones. Cancelling out the speakers, and power to the headphones only. That way you could use the machine anytime, and the only noise created would be the spinning reels and the tokens hitting the tray. Would you need a seperate amp to do this. What do the electronic experts think? Can this be done .

RJ
    What a great idea

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that depends on the machine but a 5k pot installed on the jack would probably do it as well as for the machine .....
    Jeff

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Come on fellas, hook these puppies up to your 100W per channel surround sound! Let the neighbors know how much fun they're missin'!

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

15. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

oh sure and add pa to that list of outlawed states as the troopers come in like Elliot Ness to destroy my machines and seize my home .......pa is a bunch of old Victorian farts that cant stand for you to be happy in anyway unlike the founding fathers who wanted life liberty and the pursuit of HAPPINESS !!!!! They take it to the last degree and just deny it to you so you are forever in pursuit of it....
    Jeff