Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any Pachinko suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Any Pachinko suggestions?

As an new owner and member of the Pachislo world I am considering getting my first Pachinko. There is one problem I have with them however. Why are all of the cases so tacky, plastic and Fisher Price looking? I saw a really nice machine in the Museum. The Heiwa New Masterpiece (Art Museum) model. The case is a nightmare. The center or I guess playing field is beautiful. this seems to be a common theme with the Pachinkos. Are there any machines that have as tasteful a case as the playing fields?
    Looking for a modern machine not an antique wood machine.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Any Pachinko suggestions?

They are pretty much all plastic looking. Pictures don't do these cases justice tho. Once the lights start going they look far from Fisher Pricey.
    The New Masterpeice has a pretty plain case. You should check out the Star Wars machine it has a nice case. Arby has one up on Ebay with no reserve.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Star-Wars-is-in-...QQcmdZViewItem

Check it out.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately I am probably one of the few that does not like STAR WARS! 2001, Alien, BladeRunner, THX1138 Is more my speed. The Silver Case is nice your right. so there is hope for finding a machine yet. I also had a Spiderman collection from Amazing Fantasy 15 through to The Amazing Spiderman 1 -147

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I also have a Spiderman Neo, and I like it better than the Star Wars, I am a comic book collector myself so this one hit home with me (like you couldn't tell from my avatar). One of the best things about the Spidey is that it is all in English! Here are a couple threads on the Spidey machine, don't let the case fool you, watch the vids in the second link.

spiderman link 1

spiderman link 2

Unfortunately the Red one in the second link is one of two prototypes made, and I know Arby is not going to part with his, and I plan on keeping mine.
    I know Arby has 2 more, one white/green and one yellow/black left. I think he might put them up on ebay, or sell them outright, gotta check with him tho.

This is my personal opinion, or of the voices in my head, and are not meant to reflect the opinion of this board.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't know how your tastes run, but the Heiwa Bunny Girl is probably one of the best combinations of case/game, next to Spidey, that you can find, IMO. Especially in one of the special cabinets like the setup Slotter has. Here's the link that shows Slotter's Bunny Girl in the Black/Chrome custom cabinet. You might wanna take a look (it's the 17th post).

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7771

8. The following user says "Thanks" to bf_of_pf

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thank you guys for the suggestions but maybe I might get the New Master Piece and spray the case in black. Too bad it didnt come that way stock. Would you guys know if cases on some are interchangable? Maybe I can get
    another machine in the case color I am looking for and swap it. I think the cost would be worth the asthetic.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Crippenese spoken here. drcrippen324's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

have a word with arby he pritty hot on case/cell swapping
    My rice krispies told me to do it

please note pachitalk.com cannot be held responsible for any injuries or death that occur as a results of anything strange people like me suggest you do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Thunderzone in the silver case below the bunnygirl in the above link is another color that the New Masterpiece should fit in I beleive.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You guys rule! The black bunny cabinet is very nice and would look great with the masterpiece playfield. I think Black would be ideal. I believe however that the Thunderzone just by looking would be a straight swap. The Silver doesnt look as playschool as the bright Orange/ Purple case that is stock on the masterpiece. I have no idea if it will work. I have never seen a Pachinko for real. Might be some interior differences. Due to all of your help it looks like Im getting close to the ideal combination.
    Last edited by Eddie; 03-06-2006 at 11:50 PM.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Eddie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is there a lot involved in swapping a case?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just converted my Thunderzone to cyclic over the weekend, and I had to pull the cell to do it. Took about 10 miniutes to pull the cell cause I had never done it before, putting it back in took half as long. Just a few wires unplugged and a couple of locking knobs.
    May want to check with Arby and see if he has the cell and a spare silver case.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lddrizzt
    I just converted my Thunderzone to cyclic over the weekend, and I had to pull the cell to do it. Took about 10 miniutes to pull the cell cause I had never done it before, putting it back in took half as long. Just a few wires unplugged and a couple of locking knobs.
    May want to check with Arby and see if he has the cell and a spare silver case.
    Thanks. Did you use your own design for the cyclic conversion?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do not believe all cases are interchangable, I think it depends on manufacturer and model. I don't mind most of the cases, but there is a Yellow Cab on ebay right now that I would love to get except that I don't like the purple volcanic looking case that is with it. The one case style that I truly don't like and a machine that I really want, terrible combination

Like the others have said, ask arby he will know. you can ask Compirate too, he has a few cells that he interchanges.
    "betcha can't have just one"

PachiFu "the way of the sphere"

ダン

20. The following user says "Thanks" to DaStooge

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by bf_of_pf
    Thanks. Did you use your own design for the cyclic conversion?
    Nope, got some help from Arby. I knew there were directions out there and he pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nope, got some help from Arby. I knew there were directions out there and he pointed me in the right direction.
    He's da man!! And it's cool that it only took such a short amount of time to successfully make the conversion to cyclic once he pointed you in the right direction.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh I didn't say the conversion took a few minutes, just taking apart the machine did. The conversion took a while longer to do.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh I didn't say the conversion took a few minutes, just taking apart the machine did. The conversion took a while longer to do.
    Hmmmmm...about how much longer, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

About and hour and a half. Most of the time was spent sanding out the cuts so they were smooth.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Lddrizzt

Thanks
    Thanks Received

About and hour and a half. Most of the time was spent sanding out the cuts so they were smooth.
    Thanks. I can definitely see that in my future, but the thought of cutting into the machine makes me feel very uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't think I am brave enough to try it on the Prototype Spidey. Thunderzone no problem, Starwars, just a little scared, Spidey stays parlor ready fo awhile.
    The bad thing about doing these is that each case and manufacturer is so different that you have to do it completley different. Each case has different ball paths and chutes.

But I tell you what, The THunderzone in cyclic is really cool, I can fire balles nonstop for hours and not have to grab any from the back or put any in the tray. They just recycle back to the shooter's tray and fill it for me. Only need about 50-60 balls.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast