Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone know this seller?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Anyone know this seller?

I don't think the situation is limited to e-bay. Competetion will use whatever forum is available to cast doubt on the integrity of their competion. There are a number of users on various internet forums that register IDs without providing any personal information. They lurk around the forum not engaging in any meaningful way in any of the discussion. They "de-cloak" to drop a comment to cast some doubt on competitors integrity, then dissappear into lurking mode until the next opportunity presents itself. Normally these users have very few posts, but in the few posts they have they represent themselves as someone of vast knowledge and experience. Sometimes they're even thanked by the moderators for their valuable contribution. Good thing nothing like that ever happens here.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by cwstnsko
    I don't think the situation is limited to e-bay. Competetion will use whatever forum is available to cast doubt on the integrity of their competion. There are a number of users on various internet forums that register IDs without providing any personal information. They lurk around the forum not engaging in any meaningful way in any of the discussion. They "de-cloak" to drop a comment to cast some doubt on competitors integrity, then dissappear into lurking mode until the next opportunity presents itself. Normally these users have very few posts, but in the few posts they have they represent themselves as someone of vast knowledge and experience. Sometimes they're even thanked by the moderators for their valuable contribution. Good thing nothing like that ever happens here.

and of course we wouldn't want to thank our new users for posting. That would be a very bad idea. It might give them a false sense of security and actually make them feel like we'd like them to contribute again.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tulsa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Agreed Tulsa! The more the merrier! Its to bad grand fireworks only posted the one time (so far) I hope he decides to post some more and start collecting!
    Last edited by aaapachislo; 02-22-2006 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

He or she does not live in the same zipcode as me. By default, the system populates new users with my zipcode until they change it.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa
    and of course we wouldn't want to thank our new users for posting. That would be a very bad idea. It might give them a false sense of security and actually make them feel like we'd like them to contribute again.
    Wow, a big chunk of this thread dissappeared. Some of it had wandered OT, but I thought there were a number of posts after my WELCOME post that also welcomed our new member to share in the conversation.

My earlier post was a bit of a stretch, and of course a thinly veiled reference to a post that had occurred many posts earlier in the thread. I thought that in addition to poolenglish's remarks that we also need to look at all the information we encounter through any source and examine it critically for credibiltiy before using it as a basis for passing judgement.
    Chris W
    Mesa, AZ
    Spin-Luck , Dragon Dice , Super BlackJack, King Camel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, Chris, the posts didn't really disappear they are still here. Just moved over.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...213#post115213

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2