Thread: Noob inherits Pachinko machine, has no clue what to do

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Noob inherits Pachinko machine, has no clue what to do

Hi all,

I was so relieved to have found this online community, because I don't have much of a clue about what I've got sitting in my living room.

How I got it:

• My brother saved it from a dumpster in Wyoming
    • Shipped it halfway across the US for my birthday
    • He's a nice guy

What I know:

• It works as far as I know
      • When plugged in, it lights up, music plays, the ball shooting mechanism works fine, and I have more or less figured out how to win.

• There are several insignia on it, some I understand (Republic Industries, Dallas TX burned into the wood at the top), and most I do not (pictures of prominent stickers attached)
    • I can pull a small lever on the left side (when facing the back) which allows me to open the main faceplate and second segment down. The second segment is the resivoir and ball feeder for the shooting mechanism, it seems.
    • I have to set a small lever on the right (when facing the back) just right in order to feed balls into the top hopper, or else they flow directly down to the bottom. If done correctly, they feed the middle and bottom segment reservoirs.

What I don't know:

• What literally any other switch or button does
    • There are several dip switches on the back that look like they affect gameplay (maybe?)
    • There are two prominent buttons on the front of the machine on the middle segment, the reservoir that feeds the ball shooter, that have Japanese text next to them
      • One translates to "start"
      • One does not translate
      • Neither seem to do anything

• I am also fairly confused about the rules. I only really know the following
      • I understand that getting a ball into the "start" target will cause the slot machine animation to run.
      • I am able to save up four rolls at a time (indicated by the blue lights in the whale's face at the top)
      • Once I roll three sea creatures in a row, the final phase of the game begins, where I am to hit the now opened "open" target for 15 rounds.
      • Then the game ends

• There are several more targets (starfish and anchors) that seem to have mechanisms inside for registering being hit by balls, but don't seem to have any affect.
    • I have opened the faceplate and fed balls into these at various junctures to see what they do, but have yet to discover their purpose.

I would love to know more about the machine, how it works, and what other gameplay options there may be. You can find pictures of the machine below, and I am happy to take closeups of different areas or surfaces if it helps with your diagnosis.

IMG_20170516_133152.jpgIMG_20170516_133156.jpgIMG_20170516_133200.jpgIMG_20170516_133206.jpgIMG_20170516_133218.jpgIMG_20170516_140731.jpg

Thanks in advance,
    -Bill

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to OlePowerBill

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Noob inherits Pachinko machine, has no clue what to do

Welcome to Pachitalk!

Nice! Looks like the machine is in great condition. What a find! The two little buttons where the balls feed into the machine are used in Japan to purchase more balls. Unless you have a card emulator, those buttons won't light up or do anything. Pachinko is fairly simple: you get the balls into the small hole below the center of the machine to start the reels spinning. After that, it's all luck whether or not anything else really happens. If you manage to get two numbers to match (for instance 2_2 or 22_) the machine will hit a "reach" where a small sound sequence or video sequence will start. If you get all 3 numbers to match, the machine will go into a bonus mode, whereupon those holes all over the play field will give you numerous balls if you manage to get them in. In essence, it's like a japanese slot machine, mixed with a pinball machine. In Japan, the balls are accumulated to turn into prizes at the pachinko parlor. The only thing on the back of importance is the reset button and the power button. Hopefully that helps a little bit!
    Pachi Fever!

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to alucard7x7

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just wanted to say,(fairly new myself) That is a heck of a find ! Makes me wonder why they threw it out...Anyway congrats...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to thcrw7391

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello OlePowerBill and welcome to the group Nice find and save by your brother as well as congrats to you having a new toy!

Do you have more pachinko balls than what is in your picture? If you like playing this machine then you will want at least 500 balls.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone, good to know it was worth saving and that my suspicions were correct, this is a fine specimen!

@Alucard7x7: Thanks for the context. I've managed to get to that bonus round a few times, but wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I was missing. I am still curious about the little anchor and starfish receptacles because they seem to have mechanisms that interact with the balls when they land in them, maybe its just to throw me off. Also which is the reset and which is the power button?

@thcrw7391: Thanks! I believe the story is actually closer to a wealthy individual having this machine in their guest house, wanting to throw it away, and my brother stepping in to offer to take it. Maybe they just never played it or didn't know how.

@Peteybob: Great to be here! And there are substantially more in the troth in the back, I'd say I'm somewhere close to that 500 number, but it does require mid-game fill ups.

One issue I am experiencing, though, is that when I dump balls into the troth in the top, almost invariably all of the balls just dump into the top and bottom trays (the one that feeds the shooter, and the one that is for the "winnings")

This wasn't the case right away. I'd add as many balls as I could to the top receptacle and then it would dole them out as I played. But for some reason, now, 100% of the balls just seem to evenly split between the two trays. It even holds them for a second, then dumps them down.

Does any of that make sense?

Thanks again for being so welcoming and I am excited to enjoy this machine with newfound confidence!

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to OlePowerBill

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The ball dump issue sounds like you have won more than is available to delve out...Mine does the same thing if i'm to into the game and forget to put more in the top trough, and also sometimes if your winning big even 500 isn't even enough.
    Last edited by thcrw7391; 05-16-2017 at 11:39 PM.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to thcrw7391

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by OlePowerBill View Post

One issue I am experiencing, though, is that when I dump balls into the troth in the top, almost invariably all of the balls just dump into the top and bottom trays (the one that feeds the shooter, and the one that is for the "winnings")

This wasn't the case right away. I'd add as many balls as I could to the top receptacle and then it would dole them out as I played. But for some reason, now, 100% of the balls just seem to evenly split between the two trays. It even holds them for a second, then dumps them down.

Does any of that make sense?

Thanks again for being so welcoming and I am excited to enjoy this machine with newfound confidence!
    first off

Welcome to Pachitalk

second it sounds like your machine is catching up on payouts.. if your keep filling the top back it will catch up on old owed winnings.. after a while it will catch up and hold them.. of course this is the understanding your putting balls in the top back and there being paid to the front trays.. if there falling out the back bottom then thats a different issue.. to me it sounds like its catching up on owed winnings

nice find
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the info, guys!

I had figured maybe this was the case, but when I turned the machine off and on again, it persisted, so I wasn't sure. I guess it has some internal memory that can remember winnings even after the machine is turned off and on again. Neat!

And yes, the balls aren't going down into the back troth, just into the front winnings receptacles.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to OlePowerBill

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quick Update: Y'all were totally right, I flipped it on, fed a few loads of balls through, and it started dispensing them accordingly instead of dumping.

Thanks again!

18. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to OlePowerBill

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok final update, now that I have the ball dispensing mystery solved, I also solved another mystery. The little anchor and starfish receptacles I was wondering about dispense around 10 balls when hit. Seems like there's no mystery left. Still fun though!

20. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to OlePowerBill

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

to the site that never closes ( someone is always online here. You have a great looking Marine /Aquarium / Fish Story Modern Pachinko Machine . Can you do some Youtube videos of it in action and post the link on your thread here please.
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

22. The following user says "Thanks" to takethecastle57

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sure! I'll make that happen soon.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Got a little clip of me playing it this afternoon.

25. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to OlePowerBill

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks like you have a great game. Have fun with it and welcome to Pachitalk.

27. The following user says "Thanks" to MGB1977