Thread: Noob inherits Pachinko machine, has no clue what to do

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Noob inherits Pachinko machine, has no clue what to do

Hi all,

I was so relieved to have found this online community, because I don't have much of a clue about what I've got sitting in my living room.

How I got it:

• My brother saved it from a dumpster in Wyoming
    • Shipped it halfway across the US for my birthday
    • He's a nice guy

What I know:

• It works as far as I know
      • When plugged in, it lights up, music plays, the ball shooting mechanism works fine, and I have more or less figured out how to win.

• There are several insignia on it, some I understand (Republic Industries, Dallas TX burned into the wood at the top), and most I do not (pictures of prominent stickers attached)
    • I can pull a small lever on the left side (when facing the back) which allows me to open the main faceplate and second segment down. The second segment is the resivoir and ball feeder for the shooting mechanism, it seems.
    • I have to set a small lever on the right (when facing the back) just right in order to feed balls into the top hopper, or else they flow directly down to the bottom. If done correctly, they feed the middle and bottom segment reservoirs.

What I don't know:

• What literally any other switch or button does
    • There are several dip switches on the back that look like they affect gameplay (maybe?)
    • There are two prominent buttons on the front of the machine on the middle segment, the reservoir that feeds the ball shooter, that have Japanese text next to them
      • One translates to "start"
      • One does not translate
      • Neither seem to do anything

• I am also fairly confused about the rules. I only really know the following
      • I understand that getting a ball into the "start" target will cause the slot machine animation to run.
      • I am able to save up four rolls at a time (indicated by the blue lights in the whale's face at the top)
      • Once I roll three sea creatures in a row, the final phase of the game begins, where I am to hit the now opened "open" target for 15 rounds.
      • Then the game ends

• There are several more targets (starfish and anchors) that seem to have mechanisms inside for registering being hit by balls, but don't seem to have any affect.
    • I have opened the faceplate and fed balls into these at various junctures to see what they do, but have yet to discover their purpose.

I would love to know more about the machine, how it works, and what other gameplay options there may be. You can find pictures of the machine below, and I am happy to take closeups of different areas or surfaces if it helps with your diagnosis.

IMG_20170516_133152.jpgIMG_20170516_133156.jpgIMG_20170516_133200.jpgIMG_20170516_133206.jpgIMG_20170516_133218.jpgIMG_20170516_140731.jpg

Thanks in advance,
    -Bill

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to OlePowerBill