Thread: Vintage heiwa identification

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Vintage heiwa identification

I didnt know where i should start with pictures so i put them all in an imgur album here
    I want to restore/maintain the mechanics and get as much info on this machine as I can.
    This machine has been in my house since I was a small child, my grandfather brought it back from the Philippines when he was stationed there in his air force days. It's electronics, as far as I can tell have been non functioning for decades, but the wiring is still all there minus some light bulb connections. The mechanics all seem to be working fine except for a small bar that seems to have been snapped off at some point, but thankfully kept in the machine's case. I've searched all over the machine to find any indication of its age but I have not been successful so far, I'm hoping someone out here could help me get some more info out of this machine if possible.

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Papa-savage

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage heiwa identification

WELCOME!!!

I don't have a clue about vintages, but I've put some of your pics here for people that can't see off site pics while at work and stuff..Not that anyone would come here while at work!!

Bflbmv4.jpg PBVJwDn.jpg s5gBFUr.jpg QMhhsqY.jpg nQjB8BN.jpg GAvGeML.jpg 5g8IyCP.jpg j1WAmdh.jpg x0Ems6W.jpg

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

4. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks to me like the upper front tray is missing.

Maybe it's a single shot? I don't see how the shooter pachinko ball gets loaded.

I've never seen that exact machine but maybe someone else has.
    Looks similar to a model A.

The wiring is low voltage and it looks like that could be made to work; it's not required for the machine to function.
    Are you able to shoot pachinko balls and/or able to get a jackpot payout?
    Last edited by CarlW; 05-04-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    PACHINKO - Nishijin Model A, 2005 Newgin Cutie Honey, 2015 TAKAO Queen's Blade 2
    BUBBLE HOCKEY - SUPER CHEXX PRO | MAME - 4 Player Entertainment Center
    PINBALL - Williams Grand Lizard

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk

looks to be a single shot...

the pics are a bit confusing cause i can see where the broken part would go.. one pics it looks like it is there another pic looks like it is missing??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Papa savage and welcome to the group

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is a single shot, sorry if i didn't specify that earlier.
    I can fire balls no problem and most of the internals work as they're supposed to, except a few sticky components here and there but I should be able to fix that with some elbow gerase and t.l.c. It might also help to get more pachinko balls seeing as I have less than 200 dirty old pachinko balls that have been sitting either in the machine or in a mason jar for as long as I've had the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    Welcome to Pachitalk

looks to be a single shot...

the pics are a bit confusing cause i can see where the broken part would go.. one pics it looks like it is there another pic looks like it is missing??
    Yeah, the pics were a little confusing now that I look at them, I had placed the broken part where it's supposed to go to kind of show how it should be and one with the part removed. I doubt I'd be able to find an exact replacement for it so I'm either going to have to jerry rig a repair or find some way to fabricate a replacement

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Papa-savage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Small update: after tinkering around with the broken components and being a little adventurous with some super glue and a tooth pick for support, I have been able to at least temporarily (depending on how well the bond holds up) repaired the jackpot system and gotten the machine operational mechanically. Now all that's left is to clean up 40 or so years of dust and grime, yippee!

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Papa-savage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have nearly the same machine! It even has the same background. Very subtle differences, like the tulip is slightly different...probably something else. I bought it because it was a single shot, and was different. Unfortunately, mine has had the entire back spray painted silver! I need to clear out a spot with good lighting so I can take some pics, and I'll post them later. Not sure where your detached lever goes. When I set up to take pics, I'll look at yours and see if I can find it on mine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-savage View Post
    Yeah, the pics were a little confusing now that I look at them, I had placed the broken part where it's supposed to go to kind of show how it should be and one with the part removed. I doubt I'd be able to find an exact replacement for it so I'm either going to have to jerry rig a repair or find some way to fabricate a replacement
    that is what i was thinking.. your gona need to find someone to braze the pieces back together.. you might try something like jb weld?? but be carefull what ever you add will have weight and change the dynamics of the part... keep your repair light and things will be best...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    I have nearly the same machine! It even has the same background. Very subtle differences, like the tulip is slightly different...probably something else. I bought it because it was a single shot, and was different. Unfortunately, mine has had the entire back spray painted silver! I need to clear out a spot with good lighting so I can take some pics, and I'll post them later. Not sure where your detached lever goes. When I set up to take pics, I'll look at yours and see if I can find it on mine.
    Do you happen to know about how old your machine is? I would guess it's around a mid to late 60s model by the construction but that's just an uneducated guess

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not sure of year, as there is no expiration sticker...which I am pretty lousy at translating anyhow. Not sure when expiration stickers were started, as I haven't seen them on the older machines. As I understand it...Nishijin stopped using metal lower jackpot trays on Model A style machines in 1964...so, earlier than 1964. I'm guessing mid to late '50s, based on the style...but that is just a guess.
    Here is my machine. KINDLE_CAMERA_1493937966000.jpgYours has been mounted in a case...which looks nice.Bflbmv4.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Kindle geeked and I lost a lot of text above...but it kept the pics as attachments. As you can see the tulip has a different mounting base. The inside of my door is wood, as I expect yours is too. The window has metal strips, I suspect to hold a glass pane...mine has no glass. The last pic is a close up of the ball insert hole.KINDLE_CAMERA_1493938441000.jpg As mentioned earlier, the whole back was spray painted silver. I cleaned some of it off of the plastic, and it is quite colorful. Most of my wiring is gone, but the lights for the center feature has a flip open cover. KINDLE_CAMERA_1493938512000.jpgKINDLE_CAMERA_1493938523000.jpg There is a number on top of the center feature.KINDLE_CAMERA_1493938047000.jpg 2 Japanese characters followed by 531738.53748 The dot between the numbers is higher...like center of height of the numbers. Makes me think it might be a pair of patent numbers...or something like that.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I noticed the 2 holes on each side of your ball insert hole. It apparently had a guide at one point.KINDLE_CAMERA_1493942748000.jpg

25. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to Pachitalk Papa-savage

I believe you have a 1965 -1966 Heiwa Single shot machine.

Here is a 1964 one that I restored for a customer.
    8.jpgB&Fsmall.jpg

I know the year of the one I restored from the pachinko evolution book (sorry I don't have the book with me currently or a picture of it) as the same machine was in the book. It has too many plastic components to be 50's. But not enough plastic components to be late 60's.

100 machines and counting...

27. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    to Pachitalk Papa-savage

8.jpgB&Fsmall.jpg

I know the year of the one I restored from the pachinko evolution book (sorry I don't have the book with me currently or a picture of it) as the same machine was in the book. It has too many plastic components to be 50's. But not enough plastic components to be late 60's.
    Thank you for the great info! I'm glad to have a more complete story to add to it when I show it off to friends/family. Over the past few weeks I've been in the process of taking apart and cleaning the machine(despite my girlfriends protest to having parts in the living room while I clean them ) to the best of my ability, I'm also trying to document the process as best I can to show here for all interested. I have it out of the wood case it's been sitting in for the past 50 or so years and am cleaning out components and oiling the bits that need it.

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Papa-savage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Try to stay away from oil! These machines work best dry. Clean and polish pivot points...then reassemble dry. Oil frees up dirty part s temporarilary, then attracts dust and gets gummy. If parts are clean and polished, it will finction for years dry!

31. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Try to stay away from oil! These machines work best dry. Clean and polish pivot points...then reassemble dry. Oil frees up dirty part s temporarilary, then attracts dust and gets gummy. If parts are clean and polished, it will finction for years dry!
    Thanks for the tip! Wouldn't want to end up doing more damage than good for the machine

33. The following user says "Thanks" to Papa-savage

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    to Pachitalk Papa-savage

8.jpgB&Fsmall.jpg

Pachinko Evolution book? I need one of these... where can I get one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk