Thread: My first modern pachinko!! Thunderbirds 2004

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My first modern pachinko!! Thunderbirds (2004)

Hay guys

Well I finally got round to buying another pachinko machine but this time went modern and got a Thunderbirds in the gear shock frame I brought a cabinet and a few balls off the seller as well.

WP_20170209_13_18_49_Pro.jpg

I wasn't actually intending to go modern I was looking for a single shot vintage but I so glad I got this its awesome and really different from the vintage which is nice all be it a little confusing so I have a couple of questions and observations to post about see if I can get advise or whatever from you awesome people.

So I hear talk of reach modes and fevers and what not so I got a couple of pics to see if I'm looking/thinking about this right

first off you hit the start/centre pocket to spin the reels

WP_20170212_13_52_00_Pro.jpg

the machine plays a tune and pays you 4 balls

now if your lucky it goes in to reach mode?? I think this is right

WP_20170212_13_52_37_Pro.jpgWP_20170212_13_52_40_Pro.jpgWP_20170212_13_53_24_Pro.jpgWP_20170212_13_53_25_Pro.jpg

So the top and bottom reel have the same number on and then a video sequence starts which on this machine is one of the thunderbirds vehicles destroying numbers until it gets to near or on the number which matches the other to reels then it either goes into fever mode or fails and goes back to normal or at least that's what I can fathom from playing it

fever mode wise the machine goes nuts and a rather large section opens up below the start pocket and you land balls in their to score massive amounts of balls!! (didn't get a picture was to excited with all the noise and lights going nuts and a ton of balls flowing out the bottom tray) hopefully I'm on the right track with that

I've noticed a couple of other things it does but am unsure of why or what these firstly every now and again the background has a map of the world appear and a sonar sound is heard is this just to break up the way the game plays?? or is it a type of luck mode? if luck mode is even a real thing!! secondly the background turns to a view above the earth and the numbers 1-4 that light up as you score in the centre pocket have boxes appear under them which from time to time have a picture pop up in them any ideas what that's about?? or is it just another way to break up the same old same old.

Anyways I think I'm getting a handle on it!! Maybe!!

Now I've been reading a lot about the Daverob dongle and am pretty convinced I want one so just wanted to check with you guys if this machine is compatible I think it is as it has the parallel port on the back and you can see the parlour ball loan controls on it and the odds sticker has CR so I'm pretty sure its compatible

WP_20170215_13_00_48_Pro.jpgWP_20170215_13_00_55_Pro.jpg

I promise I'm nearly at the end of my random all over the place post!!!

Any ideas what these buttons are for

WP_20170215_13_00_33_Pro.jpg

I've heard mention of a call attendant button so I'm assuming that's what the lit up button is as it doesn't seem to do anything the black button under the ball tray seem to stop the shooter I'm guessing this is so you can pop 1 or 2 balls off instead of machine gun style.

Cheers guys

J.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JammaBuilder

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My first modern pachinko!! Thunderbirds (2004)

The teo buttons on the right side are for renting balls (when money or prepaid card is inserted if connected) and when you are finished playing you hit the second button on the right to remove your prepaid card and switch to a new machine

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The ones on the left may be action buttons.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Go in to search and look at Dave Rob dongles, A must for all modern Pachinkos.
    He is based in the U.K.
    All round nice guy and a living Pachinko God.
    Then you will know what your buttons are for

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to derek1960

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Cool I thought the buttons and small screen on the right of the machines would work with daverobs dongle going to get one ordered asap!!

Goobie777 I thought the buttons on the left may have some thing to do with game play but as yet I haven't seen this to be correct so either I'm pressing them at the wrong time or something else!!

Cheers
    guys

J.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice machine, wish I had that model! Sounds like your description is the right flow of the game with the different background scenes appearing to break things up till you hit the fever round. While I have the newer model yours does sound very similar in play routines. The pictures in boxes appear for me during what seems to be a bonus round I enter after the fever round. The pictures are items like a glass of wine, a statue, a book, etc. I am waiting on a players guide to figure it out some more.

The buttons on the left are described in the Gear Shock frame manual here http://www.pinballdave.com/pachinko/...anuals-jp.html on page 8 in Japanese. Thanks Pinball Dave! Sorry I don’t know what they do as I don’t know Japanese or have this frame.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JammaBuilder View Post
    I've noticed a couple of other things it does but am unsure of why or what these firstly every now and again the background has a map of the world appear and a sonar sound is heard is this just to break up the way the game plays?? or is it a type of luck mode? if luck mode is even a real thing!! secondly the background turns to a view above the earth and the numbers 1-4 that light up as you score in the center pocket have boxes appear under them which from time to time have a picture pop up in them any ideas what that's about?? or is it just another way to break up the same old same old.
    I've never played this game or used this frame so everything I say may be wrong..You have been warned!! Backgrounds and scenes can change throughout game play just to change things up and not mean anything or depending on the machine things can happen that are supposed to be clues that a bonus or something might be about to happen..I'm guessing to keep people playing longer!!

Usually when 4 lights or pictures are on the screen it has to do with stocked spins..Whenever you get a ball in the start pocket it will light a light, the numbers will spin and the light will go out..If you get another ball in start pocket before its done spinning it will stock the spin and another light will light up etc..after 4 stocked spins more balls in the start pocket will just get the regular payout but no spin untill the number of stocked spins goes down.. Make sense?? Anyway..that could be your 1-4 thing....maybe!!

Any ideas what these buttons are for

WP_20170215_13_00_33_Pro.jpg

I've heard mention of a call attendant button so I'm assuming that's what the lit up button is as it doesn't seem to do anything the black button under the ball tray seem to stop the shooter I'm guessing this is so you can pop 1 or 2 balls off instead of machine gun style.

Cheers guys

J.
    I would guess the light up button might be a chance button..If it is, it may not be used in this game since it'll be on all games that use this frame..If a game wants you to hit it it usually says on the screen..

Say you have the knob in the perfect spot, you've banked 4 spins you could then hit the button to not waste any balls without letting go of the knob while you wait to shoot for more spins!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the link peteybob I'm going to get my wife's friend to have a look at the manual they are quite fluent in Japanese will try and get them to translate the whole manual for me (I think I have enough wine to bribe them with!!)

That makes sense mrgneiss really feel like I'm getting a handle on this now cheers guys

Just 1 more question if you have all 4 lights lit and the machine goes into reach mode is their any point continuing to fire balls and score pockets other than to just get balls? for example does it increase the chance of reach hitting the right number? so far I've assumed that it doesn't affect the reach and have paused firing until the reach either fails or goes into fever

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to JammaBuilder

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Once a spin starts the computer already knows if it's going to match or not..nothing will change the outcome..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome that's what I thought cheers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by JammaBuilder View Post
    Thanks for the link peteybob I'm going to get my wife's friend to have a look at the manual they are quite fluent in Japanese will try and get them to translate the whole manual for me (I think I have enough wine to bribe them with!!)

That makes sense mrgneiss really feel like I'm getting a handle on this now cheers guys

Just 1 more question if you have all 4 lights lit and the machine goes into reach mode is their any point continuing to fire balls and score pockets other than to just get balls? for example does it increase the chance of reach hitting the right number? so far I've assumed that it doesn't affect the reach and have paused firing until the reach either fails or goes into fever
    Bribe? I'm open to learn more

Here's my two tokens worth on game play. I think it could depend on the machine setup and what game mode you are in. On the 2009 Thunderbirds I will have 4 green lights come on up the lower left side, one for each additional banked reel spin. Basically the same operations as other machines perform. But when I get into a bonus round there is an additional 4 red lights above the green that can be lit up which have to do with the extra boxes (with random icons) appearing at the bottom of the screen.

In this bonus round or excite mode, my target is two parts of the center feature. The wings will open and close based on some alternating trigger or timing sequence. For each ball I get into the top center of the pocket and the side entry of the wings I will then advance the green lights to the max of 4 in queue for spins. Only after I have the 4 green lights can I begin to obtain the additional 4 red lights and by balls only entering via the sides of the wings. Balls going down the center pocket hole will not be earned towards red lights. As long as I have red lights the green ones won’t diminish and the reels continue to spin for a hit.

Purrfectly muddy so far? Gee I wish I had a video of this!

The red lights have to do with the sub game across the bottom of my screen. For each ball thru the side of the wing pocket I earn another box and the additional red lights are just 4 more boxes queued up to play out. The boxes advance one at a time and play out with the spins above. The chance for another fever round perhaps? These boxes may or may not have an icon in each one. These seem to be icons that I’ve collected along the way via the chance button in earlier game play.

My Ultraman Taro has something of a similar gimmick as I imagine most new modern style machines do? I do have player guides coming in a few months with goodies from 14 hours east of me

Here are a couple videos I found but none yet of a full playfield in good lighting. Enjoy!

Green and Red lights left side on screen at 10:50
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om3gG2_7CFo

Boxes explained (?) at 1:40 and 6:25 here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=314Kxed2A0o

2009 Thunderbirds (2 variants) http://www.p-world.co.jp/machine/database/5554
    2003 Thunderbirds (5 variants) http://www.p-world.co.jp/machine/database/3009

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ah HA!!!

I've spotted an extra set of lights on my machine and they do indeed act the same as you described!! seems to happen after a fever if I get lady Penelope pop up at the end with 2 Japanese symbols floating next to her and 100 across the bottom.

Today however some nuts happened with the fever first I got 777 then the usual fever then at the end brains pops up and says "here we go again" he has 2 red Japanese symbols floating next to him then then game goes nuts I return back to this

WP_20170217_12_46_55_Pro.jpg

All red and different music then I hit 555 rinse repeat with fever and brains and then back to that same different background and different music then again hit 111 then red background then 333 then back to red and then 444 this fever was different from any other it had some very odd techno music and the words "thunderbirds are go" said in an odd voice and after fever lady Penelope into blue space 100 thing then back to normal game play!!

Was very exciting and frantic trying to reload machine and play my arm feels like its going to fall off.

Anyways I came back to play again later and same thing only this time it only fevered 3 times managed to get a wee bit of video once I find my camera usb lead I will pop it up for you the see
    Attached Images Attached Images

22. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JammaBuilder

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the green lights are spins you have left, you can only have 4 left, if a ball lands in start pocket, you are paid, but if all 4 lights are on, you won't get that spin. I don't own this machine, but many of mine, if ball lands in pocket below start pocket, it saves up to 4 more spins, totaling 8, with a different color or icon
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

24. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

[QUOTE=JammaBuilder;561847]Ah HA!!!

WP_20170217_12_46_55_Pro.jpg

Was very exciting and frantic trying to reload machine and play my arm feels like its going to fall off.

Just a bit of an idea that may help your Pachinko playing.
    Stand your Machines up the right way,
    I find that the balls stay in longer that way.
    I have seen your photographs and your Machine is the wrong way up

(Sorry i have been off work for six months now and i get bored)

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to derek1960

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some machines have different music depending if you get an odd numbered fever ie. 111 333 555 etc or even. 222 444 666. Then some have a special if you get 777. (My Maison Ikkoku does this and advances the story one chapter) then again some machines after hitting 5 fevers in a row will have a special fever with different video and music. My Urusei Yatsura and Nao Oikawa and Super Sea Story did this.
    Ian #UKPachinko

28. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have noticed that on the first fever their is a bit along the bottom that pops up with no picture in then on each fever that goes back to back with that a picture appears in one of 2 spaces its the picture that corresponds to the last fevers number it seems that if you get odd numbers in both spots and get an odd number fever that your on with these spots filled you get different music on the next fever if its an odd number as well also if you get 777 in their somewhere you get even crazier music its really quite cool and changes things up

30. The following user says "Thanks" to JammaBuilder