Thread: New Model Acquisition

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Model Acquisition

So the Lovekyure Pachislo Konami is kicking out the door has kick started my dormant enjoyment of pachinko but I don't have a lot of experience with pachislo, what do I need to make a pachislo machine function properly compared to say a pachinko machine? I haven't looking in years, are there any reliable vendors out there too? How soon after release can you reliably acquire a new cell? I'm not exactly in a rush so I can wait till more general retirement. I'm just out in some new woods here and could you some advice on how to break trail properly.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Model Acquisition

Hello TwoHeavens and welcome to the group!

As for Pachislo’s you will want to be sure they are equipped to run on your household current. This could depend on where you acquire one from, be it locally already used or imported from Japan. You may need a transformer installed like in a Pachinko. You will want a good amount of tokens, 500-1000. Pachislo machines do not have interchangeable cells like Pachinko machines do.

Clover Collectables (http://www.clovercollectables.com/in...bqo7ipisd55lo0 ) has a selection readily available and is about the only US based retailer these days for Pachislo and Pachinko machines. Many members here have done business with them under their former name Akimono.com and have been pleased. You can find machines across websites like Craig’s List and eBay as well along with parts and extras. Machines can cost four figures in the first year or two but drop after a few years as they are rotated out of mainstream parlors in Japan. Another supplier is Pachislo Market (https://www.pachislomarket.com/1 ) but I have not had used them nor heard of anyone using them yet so no opinions on them yet.

Where about are you located in the US? Let us know what themes interest you and perhaps someone near you has something to sell?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Model Acquisition

Well I'm a big fan of things like Macross Frontier, so the themed cabinets and cells have always been of interest to me first and foremost. Lovekyure seems to have a lot of those elements while not being attached to an existing franchise, which I'm hoping will mean it's cheaper.