Thread: Pachinko & Pachislo parlors in Tokyo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko & Pachislo parlors in Tokyo

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I've visited.

I've been busy with a few things; one of which is an upcoming trip to Japan!!

I know a few members here have gone and have had an opportunity to play in the parlors. I was wondering what parlors you've liked the best and where are they located in Tokyo? I was also wondering if the parlors have both pachinko and pachislo or if they are usually separate?
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko & Pachislo parlors in Tokyo

My experience was that most places had both types of machines. The machines were sometimes on different floors so if you walk in on the ground floor and only see pachinko you may need to go to the basement or second floor for pachislo. Or it is possible that it is just tucked into a different part of the floor if it is a single story parlor. I did see a few smaller places that were only pachislo and maybe even one that was only pachinko, but those were exceptions.

I couldn't tell you the name of any particular parlor that I went with a single exception that I will tell you about later in the reply. It really just depends on what you are looking for, some parlors have machines that are a bit dated and they are still using balls and ball trays to count winnings. Others are more modern and any balls you release from the lower tray are counted as they drain and credits are applied to a card so you don't have to worry about managing your balls. In general I tended to like those parlors with the latest machines and ball management better than the older parlors, but they all had their charm and I didn't have a bad time anywhere I went.

The one exception for me was a retro place that I went to in Tokyo. They are only open on Saturday and Sunday from like noon until 7 pm. They don't have pachinko or pachislo, but they have two rows of smartball and a wall full of arrangeball. All the machines have seen better days, but it was a ton of fun and you probably will not find those machines anywhere else in Tokyo. I'll have to look up the information and post photos later since I don't have any on my iPad.

My general advice is to just pop into a parlor and look around. If you see something you like play a little. When you are ready, get up and try a different place later. During the day I might pop into 4 or 5 different places and throw $10 or $20 into a machine. If I went bust I'd move on, if I'd win I'd cash out and use the winnings elsewhere. In the evening I may settle into a place near my home base and play for a few hours rather than wandering as much. The good news is I don't think there's a wrong way to do it.

Have fun!

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My favorite parlour is PIA. That's the one I usually go to because no fee is charged based on balls. They have a pachinko section and a slot section (majority do). they are my favorite because they have majority of the new machines and they have a great smoke ventilation system (so you don't have to smell all the smoke) also the redemption shop in PIA is usually right next to the parlor. Some parlors have only slots or only pachinko, but it all depends.

Bring 1000 yen bills or greater. There is no coin slots.

I suggest if you go, stick to the 1 yen per ball pachinko pachinko s because you can play for longer. But by all means, if you want to play 4 yen go ahead. (Some parlors even have .5 yen and .2 yen machines.)

Most of the machines in the front of the parlor are the 1:319+ Odds and 4 yen. The 1 yen machines or the 1:99ish odd pachinko machine are usually near the back.

Most parlors have a mix of wing machines and normal modern pachinkos.

now the pachislo section is different

you typically have a Side with 5 yen and 20 yen slots. Sometimes they go as low as 2 yen per coin.
    also again bring 1000 yen bills to play.

When do you plan on going to Japan? I go to parlors typically every weekend. So if you need any more info just reply!

5. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Find the T.U.C. shop before you play and win "prizes" that need "converting"
    I found out in November that not all of them are quite so eager to help foreign folks locate it. First time that's happened...
    Just circle the building. You'll see it eventually. If you don't, go somewhere else. Or lose.
    Woof!

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    ... If I went bust I'd move on ...
    Oh sure... you losing? like that ever happened... Let me tell you folks that it can get kinda old when your buddy is sitting there with about 10 boxes of winnings, while you twiddle your thumbs because you blew past your 2000¥ limit an hour earlier trying to break the ^%#@& Eva X machine after for the umpteenth time...

Woof!

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Goobie777 View Post
    My favorite parlour is PIA. That's the one I usually go to because no fee is charged based on balls. They have a pachinko section and a slot section (majority do). they are my favorite because they have majority of the new machines and they have a great smoke ventilation system (so you don't have to smell all the smoke) also the redemption shop in PIA is usually right next to the parlor. Some parlors have only slots or only pachinko, but it all depends.

Bring 1000 yen bills or greater. There is no coin slots.

I suggest if you go, stick to the 1 yen per ball pachinko pachinko s because you can play for longer. But by all means, if you want to play 4 yen go ahead. (Some parlors even have .5 yen and .2 yen machines.)

Most of the machines in the front of the parlor are the 1:319+ Odds and 4 yen. The 1 yen machines or the 1:99ish odd pachinko machine are usually near the back.

Most parlors have a mix of wing machines and normal modern pachinkos.

now the pachislo section is different

you typically have a Side with 5 yen and 20 yen slots. Sometimes they go as low as 2 yen per coin.
    also again bring 1000 yen bills to play.

When do you plan on going to Japan? I go to parlors typically every weekend. So if you need any more info just reply!
    I will be going in the beginning of May. I will be mainly staying in Tokyo, but I will be also making a trip to the Hiroshima/Kure area and possibly Kyoto. Where is PIA? I've googled locations for pachinko parlors with very little success. I hope to win at least a little bit. I would like to bring home a T.U.C prize as a souvenir. How much are the prizes usually worth?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Always Gamble Responsibly....

The parlour I went into was in Gifu. Half the hall was pachinkos and the other half was pachislos. then divided into different asisl depending on price.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by ackleplem View Post
    I will be going in the beginning of May. I will be mainly staying in Tokyo, but I will be also making a trip to the Hiroshima/Kure area and possibly Kyoto. Where is PIA? I've googled locations for pachinko parlors with very little success. I hope to win at least a little bit. I would like to bring home a T.U.C prize as a souvenir. How much are the prizes usually worth?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

ill answer your questions one by one.

I see PIA everywhere I just plug it in on google maps and it appears. I live in the Tokyo region so I know there is one right at ueno station. But there are a lot of parlors but pia is my favorite. (Rope and St. Tropez are also part of pia so I go to there a lot too.)

If you go to maps and type this in "パチンコ" parlors will appear all over google maps.

Most parlors will pay out TUC shop cards. These cards will have gold or silver or some other precious metal in them. the cards come in 500, 1000, and 5000 yen variations usually (some also have 200). Some parlors will give a 500 yen card for like 600 or so ball (in the one yen machines). The reason I like PIA is because the a tuc card will only be 500 balls for a 500 yen card.

If you don't have an exact number of balls (example 832 balls for a parlor that redeems only in 500 or 1000 TUC cards) you will redeem balls for prizes they have there until you hit a redeemable anmount for a TUC card.

Kyoto has some good parlors too but I'm not as familiar with those as I don't live in Kyoto. That being said, I have played there.

If you make your way down to Osaka you might run into those guys that do the LET'S PACHINKO show where they take foreigners to play pachinko. The show is hilarious. Just YouTube it. It's great for pachinko fans like us.

Let me know when you want to join me one of the nights at pachinko when you come out.

13. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ill answer your questions one by one.

I see PIA everywhere I just plug it in on google maps and it appears. I live in the Tokyo region so I know there is one right at ueno station. But there are a lot of parlors but pia is my favorite. (Rope and St. Tropez are also part of pia so I go to there a lot too.)

If you go to maps and type this in "パチンコ" parlors will appear all over google maps.

Most parlors will pay out TUC shop cards. These cards will have gold or silver or some other precious metal in them. the cards come in 500, 1000, and 5000 yen variations usually (some also have 200). Some parlors will give a 500 yen card for like 600 or so ball (in the one yen machines). The reason I like PIA is because the a tuc card will only be 500 balls for a 500 yen card.

If you don't have an exact number of balls (example 832 balls for a parlor that redeems only in 500 or 1000 TUC cards) you will redeem balls for prizes they have there until you hit a redeemable anmount for a TUC card.

Kyoto has some good parlors too but I'm not as familiar with those as I don't live in Kyoto. That being said, I have played there.

If you make your way down to Osaka you might run into those guys that do the LET'S PACHINKO show where they take foreigners to play pachinko. The show is hilarious. Just YouTube it. It's great for pachinko fans like us.

Let me know when you want to join me one of the nights at pachinko when you come out.
    Thank you very much for the information. I greatly appreciate it. I haven't had a chance to try the maps yet, but I'm going to work on that this evening. My wife and I would be happy to have you join us on one of our pachinko outings. It'll be great to meet a fellow pachitalk member and to get some insight about playing in the parlors.

Thank you again!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to ackleplem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

[QUOTE=Goobie777;560473]ill answer your questions one by one.

Thanks for the heads up up on LET'S PACHINKO.
    Now i want a Garo pachinko machine.
    I may have to have a word with clam on this one as i havent got a clue where to start on importing.
    Plus off work at the moment waiting for a heart op, so finances are a bit low.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not a problem. Just let me know when you plan on heading out. When I go to pachinko it's typically the weekend time frames. So just let me know when you decide to come out to Japan! I know it still a little while away but yeah. Just keep me posted.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@derek1960

Which kind of garo machine are you trying to get? I'm in the process of ordering the garo hono no kokuin version.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@derek1960

Which kind of garo machine are you trying to get? I'm in the process of ordering the garo hono no kokuin version.
    The one the two South African girls played on LET'S PACHINKO, with the handle and the head that comes up on the top.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by derek1960 View Post
    The one the two South African girls played on LET'S PACHINKO, with the handle and the head that comes up on the top.
    well you can buy one off of rakuten. They have a 1/99 version on there so it fevers a lot. And since it's one of the older versions it's cheaper than the newest one. It still has the sword and the head that pops out at the top. Also has the same frame. You can import off of rakuten.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well you can buy one off of rakuten. They have a 1/99 version on there so it fevers a lot. And since it's one of the older versions it's cheaper than the newest one. It still has the sword and the head that pops out at the top. Also has the same frame. You can import off of rakuten.
    Don't tell me things like that, my wife will kill me.
    She is waiting for me to pop my cloggs so she can sell all my other machines.
    If my heart op goes bad ebay U.K. will be flooded with Pachinko stuff.
    If she sells them for what i told her they cost, someone is in for a bargin.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to derek1960

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not a problem. Just let me know when you plan on heading out. When I go to pachinko it's typically the weekend time frames. So just let me know when you decide to come out to Japan! I know it still a little while away but yeah. Just keep me posted.

Thank you. I definitely will. I will send you a PM with details as the time gets closer.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@ackleplem,

sorry for the late response I've been busy!

Alright. It would be good to play pachInto with someone from this forum haha. I've been looking for someone who goes or want to go.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

@derek

Well if anything compromise her with a trade or something. Lol. Jewelry, clothes or other items. always bribes my significant other lol.

how does the saying go again? Happy wife happy life! Lol

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777