Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with coin return after 50 credits on a Rodeo case.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Help with coin return after 50 credits on a Rodeo case.

There are many titles out there with this case so hopefully someone could shed some light on the problem. Once tokens are imputed to reach 50 credits all token imputed after normally get returned. This slot however keeps all tokens after 50 credits. At this point you don't hear a token credit confirmation sound and token just go into hopper instead of return. I thought that maybe this may have been converted to take quarters but when I tested my quarter was returned. My guess is after 50 credits some mechanism pushes on the coin return forcing all tokens to go into the return tray. The problem seems to be a mechanical problem not software.

IMG_3457.JPG
    Last edited by 01PyTypeR#1140; 01-16-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Photo
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help with coin return after 50 credits on a Rodeo case.

Can someone put 49 Credits in, open the door and on the 50th credit watch what pushes on coin return as you input token. On a machine that returns your tokens of course.
    PACHISLO: POPEYE, SONIC LIVE, DRAGON DICE, RIO DE CARNIVAL, MU MU WORLD DX, KING CAMEL, SPIN LUCK, SUPER BLACKJACK, BETTY BOOP, SINDBAD ADVENTURE, TOP GUN, DEATH VALLEY, NEO ZETZ, YOSHIMUNE (x2), OSU BANCHO, SECRET TREASURE, DANCE MAN & BANG BANG DASH.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had this very thing happen to me over the weekend after clearing a jam on a machine. On my Thunderbirds pachislo the coin mechanism has a magnet that releases a spring loaded plate after the 50th credit is displayed. This very tiny spring had popped off of one side which in the normal operation tokens would drop to the front tray. Being that the plate wasn’t releasing from the magnet the tokens would keep rolling into the hopper without registering more than the 50 credits. There are differing coin mechs but I imagine most would work in a similar way?

TbirdsCoinMech1.jpg
    A very tiny spring (in the yellow box) pivots the plate away from the magnet when the max credits are reached and the magnet is de-energized.

4. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep! The magnet should release the bar it is holding , once the credit meter reaches 50.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the mech on another machine. The white piece is released outwards when the max credits (or free re-play) is reached.

UltramanCoinMech1.jpg

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you press the bet button, then hit the spin lever, the magnet should release. Once you stop the reels, it should then hold in. (Unless the machine stopped on a Replay).

It holds and releases with every spin.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks that's easier than putting in 50 credits, I just knew it had to be a mechanical issue, now if someone could show me what it looks like on a Rodeo case similar to mine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, no Rodeo machines here

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright guys we're getting closer, it's definitely not a mechanical issue, I'm confident it's a programming issue. The spring the demagnetizing all works when I power off the machine. After putting in 50 tokens the 51st and there on gets lost into the hopper, when I power off the machine any tokens I put in goes into the tray because the returning mechanism works. I took it apart and turned the machine on and off over and over again and physically seen all the actions working properly. Now I know I need to look at the software side of things. There has to be a switch or button or a menu that I can get into that turns this token swallowing option off.
    Last edited by 01PyTypeR#1140; 01-16-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you tried a hard reset?

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I believe so, am I doing a hard reset when I change the odds?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would be interesting to see where these two switches are positioned in those Rodeo slots that aren't having coin return issues. I toyed with them with no results.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I know some of my slots have the ability to go into these vast menus that have all sorts off options, wondering if these Rodeo slots have such menus.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by 01PyTypeR#1140 View Post
    There has to be a switch or button or a menu that I can get into that turns this token swallowing option off.
    Not that I'm aware of.

If your coin mechanism is working properly, but malfunctions after the credit meter reaches 50, then something in the motherboard is not right. There is no button, switch or menu option to fix this.

This isn't an option, it's a software malfunction.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would be interesting to see where these two switches are positioned in those Rodeo slots that aren't having coin return issues. I toyed with them with no results.
    Wouldn't matter which position they are in, because those have nothing do with the problem you are having.

If the switches are ON,(up position), one would require you to reset the machine after winning a big bonus and the other would dispense the number of credits on the credit meter.

Mine are in the down position.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Won't even return tokens when you input them while wheels are spinning or when you've won a replay. The only time it works is when you power off.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This most likely is a mod that shady parlors perform to skim better odds for the house. It's just too convenient for a machine to be in flawless working order with this one exception that isn't a mechanical error but a software error.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This most likely is a mod that shady parlors perform to skim better odds for the house. It's just too convenient for a machine to be in flawless working order with this one exception that isn't a mechanical error but a software error.
    I have a Sinbad Adventures machine in "flawless working order" that does the exact same thing. After about a year of playing it, it started this.
    I converted the machine to play token-less, so it's not a problem now.

I would try resetting the connections for the coin mechanism and the cable that runs from the motherboard to the circuit board for the coin mechanism. The connections may look good, but unplug them and reset them.

Wouldn't be a first, that a connection was the problem.

27. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast