Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sankyo High Grade 7 & 13 Flying Carpet

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo High Grade 7 & 13 Flying Carpet

Greetings-

Quick introduction- I'm new to this concept, and the machine named in the title is my new "baby." I just bought it from an estate sale. It came with only 3 balls so I've ordered 1,000 on eBay. I'm very curious to see how this machine runs once it can "eat" several hundred.

As I say, I'm new to this, but looking at the back of the machine I see no "blanks spots" where things are missing, other than there's no bin at the bottom. The face looks clean, the brass pins are gold-brass colored so I don't think it's been poorly stored. Dusty in back but I see no damage. "After-market" feet on the bottom to keep it standing alone on a counter top. No cigarette stink, but it does have the tip-out ashtray. No video screen.

For the experienced folks out there, I'm wide open and curious to read what advice or questions you might have about this fella.

A Japanese friend of mine has translated pictures I sent of the labels, etc for me and there's not much there other than, "Do not use oil on this machine," and it has some authenticity stamps, maybe license stamps, etc.

A few basic questions I have are: 1) What's the estimated year of manufacture of this machine? 2) How rare is this machine? 3) How difficult will it be to find parts for this machine?

Thanks in advance for any help, and have a good day.

Gary

2. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to patchigary

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo High Grade 7 & 13 Flying Carpet

Welcome to Pachitalk. Photos of the machine would help greatly. Photos of the stamps in particular may help in identifying the year, but from what I see elsewhere in the forum, maybe sometime around 2000? If you type flying carpet into the search box at the top of the screen you will see quite a few threads about this machine. It appears to be a fairly common machine which means parts shouldn't be too hard to find if you exercise some patience. Hopefully everything will work perfectly and you won't need to buy parts.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Gary and welcome to the group!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_20161219_164003518.jpgIMG_20161219_164039832.jpgIMG_20161219_191548239.jpgIMG_20161219_191558983.jpgIMG_20161219_191637265.jpgIMG_20161219_191721752.jpg Thanks, friends- here's some photos. If you have comments, ideas- I'm your willing student!
    FYI- I found a YouTube clip of this machine. I had no idea it could make such a racket! ;-)

8. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to patchigary

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can you post a better picture of the back right side.. (just above middle) it is where the jackpot payour happens.. something there looks strange (probably nothing but the small pictures)

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by patchigary View Post
    Greetings-

Quick introduction- I'm new to this concept, and the machine named in the title is my new "baby." I just bought it from an estate sale. It came with only 3 balls so I've ordered 1,000 on eBay. I'm very curious to see how this machine runs once it can "eat" several hundred.

As I say, I'm new to this, but looking at the back of the machine I see no "blanks spots" where things are missing, other than there's no bin at the bottom. The face looks clean, the brass pins are gold-brass colored so I don't think it's been poorly stored. Dusty in back but I see no damage. "After-market" feet on the bottom to keep it standing alone on a counter top. No cigarette stink, but it does have the tip-out ashtray. No video screen.

For the experienced folks out there, I'm wide open and curious to read what advice or questions you might have about this fella.

A Japanese friend of mine has translated pictures I sent of the labels, etc for me and there's not much there other than, "Do not use oil on this machine," and it has some authenticity stamps, maybe license stamps, etc.

A few basic questions I have are: 1) What's the estimated year of manufacture of this machine? 2) How rare is this machine? 3) How difficult will it be to find parts for this machine?

Thanks in advance for any help, and have a good day.

Gary
    Merry Christmas!

1. Not sure on year, mid 80's guess, early modern hanemono.
    2. Not particularly rare or sought after.
    3. Difficult to find parts, most often need another exactly identical machine or something very close.

You will have to wait for your pachinko balls to test it out.

12. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMG_20161226_151252836.jpgIMG_20161226_151300920.jpgIMG_20161226_151307719.jpgIMG_20161226_151320417.jpg Thank you very kindly for your interest, and your comment regarding better photos. Here's the four quadrants of the back closer up.
    Any help is much appreciated. The balls should arrive tomorrow- I'm hoping for a good show. I'm hearing that this machine may not be worth a lot, so as long as it works at least I can hand it down to the grandkids.

14. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to patchigary

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like all the parts are there. Mopar was seeing a missing cover in one of your earlier pictures. It's installed in this later picture. (second from left).

I can email you the importers instructions for this style game; but it's too large of a file to attach to this thread.
    Warning, these instructions will only help a little bit. Will send you a PM...

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by CarlW View Post
    Looks like all the parts are there. Mopar was seeing a missing cover in one of your earlier pictures. It's installed in this later picture. (second from left)...
    yeppers i was
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you. I have the upper ball bin too, I just took it off to clean it (dusty) and try to snarf out some dust from the roller track it's attached to.
    My Japanese friend said he translated, "Do not use oil" on one of the labels. I understand that I don't want any oil where any balls touch or roll, but there are some pivoting pins that would never come in contact with a ball, and I'd like to lubricate them lightly. Do you use oil where it's safe to do so? Thanks again.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Japanese friend said he translated, "Do not use oil" on one of the labels.
    the Japanese are wise... NO OIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clean it good and leave it dry... oil attracts dust and dirt... some have used thous dry powder type lubrication products but i have never found the need..

20. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Neat hanemono! I've also got one of these; it's from 1992 and it's probably one of the most common type pachinkos available from that era apparently that made it to the US. Parts should be fairly common too. As others mentioned, oil and pachinkos is like oil and water! They don't mix!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello P-Friends: I am so very pleased to report that my newly adopted machine works great!! Thanks to several of you out there for tips and advice.
    A few questions: 1- I seem to get many "bells" and payouts, but those don't always translate to scoring in the red digits. We were able to go to 130 (flashing after 100- cool feature) but I can't tell how scoring is related to action on the playing field. 2- The upper ball tray in front that feeds to the shooter makes obvious sense, but why do I get a few, very few, random balls in the lower tray? What's the connection? 3- Please see photo. What is the function of the little yellow button above the shooter knob, and what is the function of the red arrow plastic piece (left of "Sankyo") above the shooter tray that says, "Slide?" Neither of these appear to have a function.

Thanks, folks, be well,

GaryIMG_20161229_170824076.jpg

23. The following user says "Thanks" to patchigary

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1- I seem to get many "bells" and payouts, but those don't always translate to scoring in the red digits. We were able to go to 130 (flashing after 100- cool feature) but I can't tell how scoring is related to action on the playing field.
    sorry i dont totally fallow your question..

2- The upper ball tray in front that feeds to the shooter makes obvious sense, but why do I get a few, very few, random balls in the lower tray? What's the connection?
    few possable reasons.. if the top front tray is full balls will overflow to the bottom.. balls that are shot but dont reach the play field will fall back down the ramp and be returned to the player via the bottom tray.. some machine will give the winning balls back to the player.. this is considered a lucky ball and worth another shoot.. ( i dont think this is used in your generation of machine but some vintage machines return the winning ball)

3- Please see photo. What is the function of the little yellow button above the shooter knob, and what is the function of the red arrow plastic piece (left of "Sankyo") above the shooter tray that says, "Slide?" Neither of these appear to have a function.
    these are ball loan buttons for parlor use.. if you like your machine and plan on keeping it you need to look into on of DaveRobs supper cool dongles.. there a must have for modern machines..

http://www.pinballdave.com/cre/compat.html

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You are helpful, as always. Sorry I wasn't clear on my first question- I'll try again. Basically, what action in the field is creating my score? (Is there anything in print that explains scoring?) There are two numerals in the middle, in red light. I get mechanical action with dropping balls with payouts, etc but I see no connection between the numeric score, and what's going on mechanically. (Interestingly, my wife did so well she shot past 99, then as she kept winning it started flashing, "20" "30" etc I presumed that meant, 120 and 130. At 130, the machine beeped a new obnoxious noise and it quit tallying, like it was saying, "Siyonara, baybee." ;-))

Gary

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello P-Friends: I am so very pleased to report that my newly adopted machine works great!! Thanks to several of you out there for tips and advice.
    A few questions: 3- Please see photo. What is the function of the little yellow button above the shooter knob, and what is the function of the red arrow plastic piece (left of "Sankyo") above the shooter tray that says, "Slide?" Neither of these appear to have a function.
    I believe Mopar is referring to two different buttons than you asked about. The slide is likely the ball dump from the upper tray to the lower tray. Put some balls in the upper tray and then slide the button that says "slide" and see if it begins letting balls pass to the lower tray. You can use this feature if your top tray gets too full and you want to empty it.

The other little yellow button button I believe is your shooter stop button. Turn your handle so that balls are firing and with your "shooter hand" use your thumb to depress the button without releasing the turn you've put on the handle. Balls should stop launching and resume as soon as you release pressure from the button. Since the machine only banks a certain number of spins, once you've banked the maximum amount of spins you can depress that button so that you don't lose your sweet spot on the launcher, but you won't be wasting any balls that wouldn't credit a spin for a chance at a fever. At home you probably don't really care because all the balls are free, but if you are paying 4 yen a ball in a pachinko parlor shooting 25 balls that don't have a chance of earning you a fever round is basically wasting 100 yen.

28. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    I believe Mopar is referring to two different buttons than you asked about. The slide is likely the ball dump from the upper tray to the lower tray. Put some balls in the upper tray and then slide the button that says "slide" and see if it begins letting balls pass to the lower tray. You can use this feature if your top tray gets too full and you want to empty it.

The other little yellow button button I believe is your shooter stop button. Turn your handle so that balls are firing and with your "shooter hand" use your thumb to depress the button without releasing the turn you've put on the handle. Balls should stop launching and resume as soon as you release pressure from the button. Since the machine only banks a certain number of spins, once you've banked the maximum amount of spins you can depress that button so that you don't lose your sweet spot on the launcher, but you won't be wasting any balls that wouldn't credit a spin for a chance at a fever. At home you probably don't really care because all the balls are free, but if you are paying 4 yen a ball in a pachinko parlor shooting 25 balls that don't have a chance of earning you a fever round is basically wasting 100 yen.
    damn picture, why did i not look at the picture...

Im an idiot

30. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Sankyo High Grade 7 & 13 Flying Carpet

There is a good definition of hanemono play somewhere on this site.

Get a pachinko ball in the "1" or "2" pocket at the bottom; the wings near the center feature open and close for 1 or 2 seconds respectively.

Get another pachinko ball in the correct "V" in the center feature during those 1 or 2 seconds the center feature is active and you have hit a big jackpot fever.

During the fever, continue to get pachinko balls in the "V" pocket at the appropriate time to extend your fever.

After a fever is usually the obnoxious noise that forces a hard reset. The attendant would know that someone hit a jackpot, is my guess.

The number counting is usually related to the number of times you extend the jackpot fever.

This is from memory, so other PT members, please validate or elaborate. :-)

32. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll chime in... Carlw is correct, those digital led numbers don't count your score necessarily... they simply count which number fever round you are on.... maximum of 15 fever rounds. To proceed to the next fever round, you must get at least 1 ball in the "v" zone. If not, fever mode ends.....maximum score would be realized if you were to get 10 balls per round, X 15 fever rounds, X 13 ball payout per ball that makes it in the center feature (high grade payout!)= 1950 reward balls

Basically, if you "win" you will empty the hopper unless you shuffle balls back to the hopper or build a cabinet with extra ball capacity. All hanemono type have similar scoring, the newer ones keep count of each ball per fever round....so if you're an expert/good player you'll score the maximum of 10 winning balls each round with expert shooting and timing skills! otherwise you're leaving balls "on the table" so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a different machine in the same frame. There is a 3 position volume switch behind the door. Open the glass, to the far right of the lower door is a metal tab. Push it down and the door (with the ball tray) will open...hinged on the left side. Below the opening where the balls go to the tray is a black switch. I believe up is loud, and down is quieter...but they are never very quiet!

36. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast