Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sanyo Comet 2 problem with payout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sanyo Comet 2 problem with payout

Hello all, thanks in advance for any help you can offer on this problem.

My machine seems to function fine for a while and then intermittently is has a problem with a ball stuck as pictured. I have tried to replicate the problem but it seems random. The machine is full of balls, it runs along smoothly, functioning correctly and then stuck. I have watched several videos and read some threads and as I understand it the mech works like this.

A ball hits a jackpot pocket.
    Ball goes through the seasaw.
    Ball goes into shoot weighing down the jackpot lever.
    Jackpot balls are released onto the jackpot ramp.
    The weight of the jackpot balls pushes down on the ramp pushing the bar mech down that releases the initial ball and refills the jackpot holding ..... area.

I apologize for not having the parts and lingo down well yet. I know that can make these Q&As a little more difficult. I am working on it. Is there any diagram out there that labels the common parts?

pachinko5.JPG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sanyo Comet 2 problem with payout

looks like the problem is at the jackpot mech itself.. center of the machine..

these machines are prone to problems
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you get the ramp post polished? That needs to go all the way down to lift the ball release. Also check the alignment of the connection to the payout release. I have had to tweek those for consist release. That connection must allow the spoon carrying the payout ball to reach bottom.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    looks like the problem is at the jackpot mech itself.. center of the machine..

these machines are prone to problems
    Mopar, is this the machine with the blue plastic jackpot rocker that tends to crumble over time?
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Did you get the ramp post polished? That needs to go all the way down to lift the ball release. Also check the alignment of the connection to the payout release. I have had to tweek those for consist release. That connection must allow the spoon carrying the payout ball to reach bottom.
    +1 on polishing the ramp post.....my Mizuho was having similar issues with the center feature (some sort of sticky stuff all over the parts of the center feature that took brake cleaner to remove properly) and that ramp post was not allowing the ramp to move as freely as it should; I had to polish the post very good with steel wool and Brasso (then brake cleaner to make sure no residue left) to get the ramp moving freely so payouts were consistent.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by browne92 View Post
    Mopar, is this the machine with the blue plastic jackpot rocker that tends to crumble over time?
    could be.. would need more better pics..

Quote Originally Posted by lotsoballs View Post
    +1 on polishing the ramp post.....my Mizuho was having similar issues with the center feature (some sort of sticky stuff all over the parts of the center feature that took brake cleaner to remove properly) and that ramp post was not allowing the ramp to move as freely as it should; I had to polish the post very good with steel wool and Brasso (then brake cleaner to make sure no residue left) to get the ramp moving freely so payouts were consistent.
    careful with the brake clean... it tends to melt the plastic.. it can make a horrible mess.. im not saying dont use it.. cause i do.. but always in moderation..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

9. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    careful with the brake clean... it tends to melt the plastic.
    I've found that brake clean is safe with plastic, it's carburetor cleaner you have to watch out for. But it's always good idea to test on an inconspicuous place first.

I just use denatured alcohol for cleaning and never had a problem with it hurting plastic. Now removing paint is another story.
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

11. The following user says "Thanks" to browne92

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am sure it is that post for the jackpot ramp. I cleaned it but not to the extent you guys are suggesting. I'm going to take it off next week and really get it cleaned up as you recommend.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Jbop

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Jbop View Post
    I am sure it is that post for the jackpot ramp. I cleaned it but not to the extent you guys are suggesting. I'm going to take it off next week and really get it cleaned up as you recommend.
    I forgot to mention with my Mizuho at least; I also needed to sand down the INSIDE of the hole in the ramp itself that goes on the metal ramp post; the plastic ramp has a metal piece inside it (not sure if yours does or not), I think that might have somehow gotten tarnished/corroded or the plastic hole itself somehow shrunk slightly over time; I took a skewer with a tiny piece of sandpaper wrapped around it to ream out the hole in the ramp a bit; that helped quite a bit with reducing any friction/rubbing/binding with the ramp in addition to heavily polishing the post itself.

Who knows what the previous owner used on this thing....there was some sort of congealed oil/grease on lots of the moving parts that seems to have been the root of my issues!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Re: Sanyo Comet 2 problem with payout

https://youtu.be/aX4OPCjzkhc

Maybe this will help...

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lotsofballs - I noticed that I do have a piece of metal inside the jackpot ramp hole. I was wondering about drilling it out a bit, but when I saw the little metal piece I thought I might destroy it. I'm going to clean it, but it moves freely when I tap it. Even one ball can make it tip. I'm thinking it might be catching on something else.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I figured it out the problem and was wondering if any of you have run into this issue. The seesaw mech has the ability to release a ball very quickly sometimes. The ball is released out of the seesaw before the seesaw is fully down and it slips back into the up position. In the up position the white clip part is back in place - preventing the ramp from tilting and paying out. This might be the result of me using amazon gold balls that I think are slightly smaller than regulation and maybe lighter too. Or maybe not. Anyone run into this problem?

I did clean off the ramp post and ramp mech as suggested as well. Thanks for all the tips on that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think I figured it out the problem and was wondering if any of you have run into this issue. The seesaw mech has the ability to release a ball very quickly sometimes. The ball is released out of the seesaw before the seesaw is fully down and it slips back into the up position. In the up position the white clip part is back in place - preventing the ramp from tilting and paying out. This might be the result of me using amazon gold balls that I think are slightly smaller than regulation and maybe lighter too. Or maybe not. Anyone run into this problem?

I did clean off the ramp post and ramp mech as suggested as well. Thanks for all the tips on that.
    I don't think the gold balls are the issue....are they the gold balls from shipped from Akimono? I use them in my vintages without issue (and moderns). I would take a close up picture of the area....it's hard to picture what you're describing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can you measure your balls for us

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have included a video of the problem. The first ball enters the seesaw and exits correctly. The second ball that enters the seesaw shows the issue I am having. It happens fast, but ... the ball enters the seesaw normally, then after the ball exits the seesaw you can see that the seesaw tilts back on it's own before the ball has even started to activate the payout arm. Because the seesaw tilts back a bit the white hook piece (that is just in front of the seesaw) also moves back and is no longer clear of the metal post. Since it is not clear of the post the payout ramp can't tilt down. The ramp is locked in place.

Confused yet? Haha! Here is the video, I hope it shows what is going on.
    https://youtu.be/CFwwKMasJgY

To put it more simply - If I try to trigger a jackpot manually from the back of the machine, it won't pay out to the front. The ramp won't tilt because the seesaw has not activated and released the ramp. In my case the seesaw is tilting back just enough on it's own that the ramp is locked in the same way.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just asked my wife to check out my balls size and she assures me they are "standard".

Thanks
    Thanks Received

seens like there is a tab or flap that keeps the ball in the jackpot seesaw long enough so the jackpot seesaw travels all the way to the bottom befor the ball can roll out the bottom..

some kind of stopper is under that is under the top ramp (before the seesaw) and keeps the ball in the seesaw till it finishes its travel

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you post a vid off the payout and connecting rods on the other side? Or the whole back during the problem.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Should be two pachinko balls INSIDE the see saw; are they both still in there?

The short metal rod connecting the jackpot lever to the see saw looks a little bent; is it moving freely or binding?

Most payouts triggered from the back of the machine payout to the back; security measure by design.

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to CarlW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is only one ball inside the seesaw. Should there be 2? It seems like with 2 there would be too much weight for the seesaw to tilt forward at all. I could try it though.

I will try to get some video when I get aa chance. Here are a couple of pictures that really highlight the issue. The red circle is the ball position, the arrow points to the fact that the seesaw is barely unlatching the jackpot ramp in the first picture and tilting back enough in the second so the ramp won't tilt and the payout dumps to the back instead of the front.

I'll get some good images of the seesaw piece and see if there is some kind of tab to make sure it goes all the way to the down position. I'll take a look at the metal wire as well and does look like it might be bent and could also be stopping the seesaw from moving properly. The seesaw does move freely when I move it with my finger. No sticky points.

pachinko6.jpgpachinko7.jpg

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Jbop

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast