Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Newbie Question time - warned you!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie Question time - warned you!

Can you confirm which part of the mech is the spoon. Had a quick search here but couldn't find it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I call the spoon the scoop that the ball rides down after the seesaw.
    I had 1 I needed to bend back into shape as it was binding in the plastic frame it passes through.

Did you dis-assemble the jackpot mechanism completely and clean the moving parts and brass pins in that as well?20170110_190555.jpgB Back.jpg20170110_190531.jpg20170110_190542.jpg

I marked up the full back picture to indicate the spoon and the 2 main pivot points.

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok. thanks mate...wasn't sure if the spoon was located in the jackpot section.

The areas you have circled have been pulled apart and cleaned well...yes...both with Brasso. Pins included mate. I'll have a look at the spoon tonight and take a photo...see what you think I may need to do.

The jackpot was completely pulled apart...cleaned with Novus throughout all the plastic where balls sit. The metal parts were removed and cleaned with Brasso as well.

I'll see if it hits the plastic anywhere and gets caught at all...cheers Tink.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another video...lol. Looks like the mech still needs cleaning as it is now jamming up completely and barely letting the first jackpot through? Would you say so??

I attached the product I used to confirm this is the right one. I applied it with a rag and cleaned. Then used a separate rag to dry any excess from the joints. Is this the correct method?

The photo I attached of the jackpot mech shows how it finishes when it does pay out. Does this look right? It doesn't seem to be resetting back into it's original starting position. Will giving another clean help rectify this at all?

Edit: Had to upoad to youtube due to the size...... https://youtu.be/EIzaIGGzxAA
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Definately binding up somewhere. Is the rod with the spoon free in the slot. Try removing all the balls and manually simulate a payout to see if you can locate the area causing the extra friction. Every part from the spoon through to the payout should move freely with no effort. You will need to leave the dump tube open to keep the 2 white peices in the lower ball track out of the way.

I think others use brasso so it should be fine. I use blue magic.

7. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do I need to shave a little off the plastic parts of the mech? You can see in the video it not resetting, as we've discussed. Is it due to the plastic being to think in that section or needing a huge clean??

the bottom section of the arm, that drops the balls looks to be the issue?

https://youtu.be/pcpIaNVfHzM

edit: unless I'm a bit silly, rod, arms and most everything else looks to move really freely. I will clean again but seems good. Spoon doesn't feel like it's catching on the plastic, works loose enough.
    Last edited by xxjardinexx; 01-13-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Would you make another video showing the full back? The paperclip that releases the ball from the spoon may happen to soon not allowing the jackpot reset. Almost appears the hinge for jackpot release does not travel quite high enough. The lower part of the jackpot mech should drop the jackpot and fall back into position before the upper part drops back down to refill. It's all about the timing. The jackpot balls falling on the ramp below them will raise the paperclip to release the ball from the spoon.

Are any of the connecting rods bent or look modified in any way.
    Last edited by Tink; 01-13-2017 at 01:42 AM.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i think its the pivot points

there is the one at the bottom and the one just to the right of the jackpot mech.. have your cleaned them both and made sure there running smooth?? nothing bets or binding...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    i think its the pivot points

there is the one at the bottom and the one just to the right of the jackpot mech.. have your cleaned them both and made sure there running smooth?? nothing bets or binding...
    I have definitely cleaned the pivot points your referring to....I am going to clean again.

i certainly didn't notice any of the rods bent. All looked pretty good?!

15. The following user says "Thanks" to xxjardinexx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Something is mis-aligned. The spoon is not returning all the way up. The ball from the seesaw is dropping to the spoon instead of riding it all the way down. To short of time for the payout to complete.

Remove the lower right corner cover and see if reversing the pivot post helps. I think I recall having 1 with 2 sets of mounting holes for the pivol bracket.
    Last edited by Tink; 01-13-2017 at 09:06 AM.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

keep in mind that the pivot points where the rods connect to the next rod/linkage need to be clean and free moving.. that are 3 of these points as well
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Something is mis-aligned. The spoon is not returning all the way up. The ball from the seesaw is dropping to the spoon instead of riding it all the way down. To short of time for the payout to complete.

Remove the lower right corner cover and see if reversing the pivot post helps. I think I recall having 1 with 2 sets of mounting holes for the pivol bracket.
    Thanks Tink, have had a look at unfortunately there are only one set of holes in the metal arm as well as the plastic surround that holds it in place. I did flip it 180o just in case this made a difference but unfortunately not.

I haven't had a chance to pull it apart and clean again...been to hot in my work area. I will try and get to it in the next day or so and come back to you guys.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to xxjardinexx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, Hi again guys...apologies for the silence. When I feel like I have exhausted all areas of repair I get a little down on myself and forget about the project still needing repair in the hopes that it magically repairs itself...lol

A little prompting from a member here has awoken me, cheers.

While I have not pulled the spoon mech apart for another cleaning (even though it feels smooth and not jamming) I just wanted to ask quickly about the actual jackpot mech and how it looks/feels.

I've attached a photo of the "claw"?? section where you can see by the arrows that the tip of this is not flat but angled slightly. The top arrow shows where it feels to be rubbing (in case you can't read my crappy photo) Now, I guess this could be wear but is this supposed to be square? I almost feel that in previous videos that it is getting hung up on this section?

That, and out of the whole mechanism, this feels like the tightest section where it is not moving as freely as the whole spoon mech? It seems to rube against the top plastic section that opens to allow the claw to release the balls. Should I...and can I slightly sand this section to allow a slightly freer moving part?

Thoughts guys??

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you have a groove in the upper portion, that may cause some slight friction.
    Here is a side pic of one. Angles look ok.20170227_185645.jpg

Still believe your issue related to the spoon not returning all the way up. Here is a pic of where it should return to.

20170227_190409.jpg

One of your previous videos looked like there may be binding in the connections. Have you cleaned both pivots on the far right coonting rod, top and bottom?

20170227_190147.jpg
    Last edited by Tink; 02-27-2017 at 10:16 PM.

24. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, pulled the section apart that is the jackpot mech...again... and nothing...nada...ziltch....having the same issues

I attached a few photos to show the pivot points. This will hopefully let you guys see how clean they are...also another video...well, just because.

Man, this thing is driving me nuts!

26. The following user says "Thanks" to xxjardinexx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Link for the video as well:

https://youtu.be/YyLEhYjEycs

28. The following user says "Thanks" to xxjardinexx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like the long connecting rod on the right is reversed. Try flipping that. Still can't tell why your spoon won't return to the top.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a pic showing the spacing or clearance with a ball on the spoon at the bottom of the chute.20170307_185527.jpg20170307_185720.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

wehn your vid first starts and at time index 1:07 the jackpot rod is already half way down it's path..

that little spoon the ball rides down should be all the way at the top.. is there a reason it will not travel all the way to the top after the the ball falls off??

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast