Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Sankyo Egyptian Egyptian Fever no longer shooting balls

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Egyptian (Egyptian Fever) no longer shooting balls

Moparformances: I located the pot and tried adjusting it by still not working. I think the issue must be the electronics in the shooter motor. I have no way of testing that theory out. Any ideas where I might be able to buy replacement parts?
    all the best
    rsm

2. The following user says "Thanks" to RSM2230

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

One thing to try is to hold and turn the shooter with one hand and with the other, touch part of the metal frame work on the back.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Drunkenclam: I tried your suggestion still not working. Appreciate the suggestion though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i stil think your problem is a dongle or lack there of one... do you have a dongle for your machine??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    i stil think your problem is a dongle or lack there of one... do you have a dongle for your machine??
    Hi RSM, are you able to post a picture of the backside lower right, looking up from the bottom? I marked this area in the red box of your picture.
    no-longer-shooting-balls.jpg

We are looking to see whether or not you have a connection like the silver one in my picture below.
    SankyoDongleConnection.jpg

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Peteybob. Here is the snap shot of that area. Although it may look like there is a area on the left where a dongle may go the plastic is just molded but there are no connections/pins that a dongle could connect to in that area. Also I have had the machine for many years never removed any components and it has always worked just fine until a few weeks ago. it would be great if someone had a machine like mine who would be willing if I shipped them my motor assembly to test it in their machine. I really appreciate all the help love to get this machine back up and running.
    rsm
    IMG_0067.jpg

10. The following user says "Thanks" to RSM2230

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I am stumped but I'm also not familiar with the internal workings of the ball shooter knob. I wish my Sankyo was together so I could try duplicating your problem. Even though I have a somewhat different machine I do recall once that my shooter knob seemed to fail. This was my first machine and after a fever round I found that it stopped shooting balls when the bottom overflow tray in front was backed up. Even after clearing the balls out nothing worked until I found a micro switch that was stuck. This was in that ball path and apparently got stuck during the ball jam inside.

Another long shot is have you removed the clear plastic case(s) on the back to check for possible loose wires behind them? You may or may not have connections behind them. There might be a tab or two that you press to release them. Again my Sankyo is a little different so I'm just thinking out loud as the saying goes.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the tips Peteybob. I took your advise and took the machine apart to check on all wiring and micro switches. I did not find anything unusual or out of place. Everything still works apart from the ball shooter. If I open the front panel and load balls manually into the winning holes the machine does its thing and the drums rotate and balls pay out as they should. I did note though that I can put up to four balls at a time in the winning pot and 4 red lights light up and the drum will spin 4 times. Never seen that before but I'm not sure I have ever shot 4 winning balls simultaneously! Its been a good experience but now I'm at a loss of what to try next. I think I need to find a replacement shooter. Although yours is not the same machine do you have a circuit board under the plastic ball shooter motor housing or does your machine require a dongle? All the best and Happy Thanks Giving
    rsm

13. The following user says "Thanks" to RSM2230

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

seeing as the circuit boards are not marked CR and you don't have the 2 buttins on the front of the frame. I assume this isn't a dongle machine.
    You need to check to see if power is getting to the motor circuit board.
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by RSM2230 View Post
    Although yours is not the same machine do you have a circuit board under the plastic ball shooter motor housing or does your machine require a dongle?
    Hi rsm, the answer is yes! I do have a dongle version machine. The circuit board is behind the shooter knob with the reset button and LED for error codes.

Drunkenclam has a good point about checking power to this board if you are able.

About the 4 red lights, they indicate how many additional spins you have coming. You get the first one going and can "bank" up to 4 more to run one after another. If you get more balls in after the 4 lights are on then those will not add to the pending spins. But as one goes away, you can add another. This is one time when the pause button on the shooter knob is useful.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Peteybob: I did check power to the shooter motor and its 29.9 volts so within range. After taking the machine completely apart and checking every connection for corrosion etc I put it all back together again. I note that several lights that never functioned are all working now and the computer seems to be working correctly however the ball shooter is still not. I also noticed that an additional light with a 0 (zero) shows up on the playing field. I think that tells the player which level they are at or could it be an error code?
    I would still like to find a user that is willing to test my shooter motor in their non dongle machine. Happy to reimburse them for their time and effort.
    Happy Thanks Giving to you all.
    rsm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3