Thread: 1980's Nishijin Hanemono

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1980's Nishijin Hanemono

I have recently been given a 1980's Nishijin Hanemono machine that is in very good condition but isn't working. I am thinking that it is just dusty and dirty as it sat in this persons kitchen for many years. Does anyone know someone that cleans these machines or can anyone tell me how I might go about cleaning it myself. I am reluctant to try cleaning it on my own before seeking advise as I would hate to make things worse.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to allen fritz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1980's Nishijin Hanemono

first off

Welcome to Pachitalk

post a few pics of your machine lets see its condition... im sure we can get ya heading in the right direction.. or we have a few members in your part of the country that do amazing work..

i for one enjoy working on a machine more then playing them
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Allen and welcome to the group!

to what Moparformances said. We love pictures, front and back.
    ps: love the frog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What functions aren't working specifically (lights, music, shooter, center feature, payouts, fever mode)? I don't think dirt/grime would prevent it from powering on; maybe there could be debris blocking the shooter from shooting balls or in the payout system preventing payouts however. Hopefully it's got the proper transformer and somebody didn't blow it up plugging into 110v without a transformer.... I've bought a few filthy hanemonos that sat unused for a long time and they all worked fine after years of sitting in a dusty garage. I usually just clean the top hopper, wipe down the ball chute(s) from the hopper to the payout mech, and clean the reward trays, put in some clean balls and then start testing! Post some pics, somebody may have spare parts from a part machine they are willing to part out...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by allen fritz View Post
    I have recently been given a 1980's Nishijin Hanemono machine that is in very good condition but isn't working. I am thinking that it is just dusty and dirty as it sat in this persons kitchen for many years. Does anyone know someone that cleans these machines or can anyone tell me how I might go about cleaning it myself. I am reluctant to try cleaning it on my own before seeking advise as I would hate to make things worse.
    Since my previous post, I did very carefully do some gentle but thorough cleaning on the machine. I cleaned all exposed surfaces of dust, dirt and grease as much as possible front and back including balls, tracks and containers. As I cleaned the back, I found a lever that opened up the front and another that opened the lower chrome bottom door. I have taken some pics and hope to include them. I have to say that the machine cleaned up amazingly well. It looks like brand new! The problem is that when I plugged it in, for only a brief second, a light in the upper left hand corner went on and then nothing. It looks great! But it doesn't work. Can anyone suggest some basic "After 1.jpgAfter 2.jpgAfter 3.jpgAfter 4.jpgelectronics" things that I could try to trouble-shoot the problem or does anyone know anyone in the Milwaukee area that might be able to help. I want to thank everyone in advance for helping me with this and especially those that answered my first post. This crazy machine has become a challenge and I really don't want to give up on it.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to allen fritz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

simple things.. have your checked the bulbs to se if there good???

what bulb is not working?? low ball of jackpot??

have you checked to see if the switch is still working???
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would start from the main power. Disconnect the transformer and check the output. check the inline fuse and wiring for a pinched or broken wire.

Careful though if your not electrically inclined. 110 ac on the input side of the transformer will give you a good jolt.

Any markings on the machine for power requirement?

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Allen. I'm quite a drive from you but if its something your uncomfortable with you can take a drive to central Illinois and I can help you work through the electrical side.

Most the time if the machine is totally dead doing like tink said and checking the transformer is the best place to start. if you have power there work your way down the machines wiring to see where it gets lost. go slow

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Gmwd View Post
    Hi Allen. I'm quite a drive from you but if its something your uncomfortable with you can take a drive to central Illinois and I can help you work through the electrical side.

Most the time if the machine is totally dead doing like tink said and checking the transformer is the best place to start. if you have power there work your way down the machines wiring to see where it gets lost. go slow
    Hello Gmwd......
    I think that I might just need to take a drive. I hesitate sending it anywhere. I am going to try plugging it in again and see if I see anything that might be lose or disconnected but I really don't think so. It wasn't abused. I know the previous owner. I suffers from neglect and I don't think much else. I did check the in-line fuse and it was not blown. Where are you located in Illinois Gmwd? I am just north of Milwaukee. Are you familiar with this machine and electronics that goes along with it? If I take it this far I would like to have it tested as much as possible and try to find any other problems and head them off if possible. Thanks to everyone again for all of your input.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello again Gmwd.....
    I can't get it to go on and I have absolutely no electronics skills. I would not have any idea where to begin. I really would like someone with electronics experience with Pachinko Machines to go through the whole machine. I am willing to invest pretty much whatever it costs and am will to take a drive if you would be willing to help me with this. This machine was a gift from a special person and it has some sentimental value. I hope to have it for a long time and pass it on someday. Please let me know if you would be willing to help me with this as I really don't know where else to look for help except from this group. Others that I have talked to have said that they work on the older mechanical types, but so far no one seems to be very experienced with the "electronics" side of these. Your help would be very much appreciated. I will be anxiously awaiting your reply. Thank you very much in advance!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Allen. Yes thats no problem. You can bring it down or ship it down whichever you perfer. I'll PM you with my contact info so we can work it out (I'm not on here as much as I should be)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I hope you guys can save this machine. It looks great. I feel confident you will get it fixed. Good Luck!

17. The following user says "Thanks" to MGB1977

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Allen. Yes thats no problem. You can bring it down or ship it down whichever you perfer. I'll PM you with my contact info so we can work it out (I'm not on here as much as I should be)
    Hello again Gmwd......
    I too have not been looking here as often as I should be right now either. I apologize for the delay in my reply. I don't have P.M. set up on my e-mail. Could you e-mail me directly? I have many questions and would like to talk to you on the phone before we consider going forward with repairs. Your help is GREATLY appreciated! You have no idea how thankful I am to have found someone who might be able to help. My e-mail is: Please put something about "Pachinko" in the title so I don't miss it or think it's spam. I will be watching for your e-mail. Thank you in advance for your help!
    Last edited by hanabi; 11-28-2016 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Email removed as per Site Rules - much safer to use PM (PachiTalk's Private Messaging system) to exchange personal details

19. The following user says "Thanks" to allen fritz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Hello Allen and welcome to the group!

to what Moparformances said. We love pictures, front and back.
    ps: love the frog
    Thanks! I LOVE cats too!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello again Gmwd......
    Happy New Year! I am really interested in getting going on getting my machine repaired, running and checked overall for electronic operation. Please P.M. me so we can talk in more detail. The only problem with that idea is that I don't see how to P.M. on here. Maybe you can tell me how that works. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Moparformances!
    I have gotten some encouraging replies from several members, but I am looking for the someone that not only knows the electronic side of the machines, but the operational side as well. I am encouraged by your comment of "enjoying working on them more than playing them". Could you tell me a little bit more about your "expertise" and would you be willing to help me? Thanks in advance. I'll be watching for a reply.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Allen, happy new year. I'll send you a pm

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Allen, happy new year. I'll send you a pm
    I just got it! Thanks! I will call you in the very near future! I appreciate your help and am looking forward to getting my machine working! Everyone on here seems very nice and helpful. Thanks and talk to you soon my friend!

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to allen fritz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds great, talk with you soon.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would like to post an up-date on the progress on the repair of my 1980's Nishijin Hanemono Pachinko Machine. Thanks to Pachitalk.com I was able to get in touch with a WONDERFUL member of the group that has been able to help! "Gmwd" has come to my rescue and I have dropped the machine off with him. He possesses the skills that I certainly don't have and feels that he will be able to repair it with the proper parts. The circuit board is fried and he is currently looking for a "cadaver" machine for the necessary parts. That seems to be the only thing standing in his way as far as the repair goes. If anyone has a parts machine like mine, I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact him. I would be willing to pay any reasonable price for it. Although I have not yet played either Pachinko or Pachislo, I am becoming addicted to the idea and can see how much fun this must be. Again, I would like to express my deepest thanks to the group and to Gmwd for giving me a ray of hope in an area that I truly thought was hopeless. I will keep the group up to speed on the progress and can't wait to be able to tell everyone that it's functioning perfectly once again! Thank you! Thank you! thank you!

30. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to allen fritz