Thread: No Reset Switch On Eleco Babel Power Supply???

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default No Reset Switch On Eleco Babel Power Supply???

Good evening All,

I just picked up an Eleco Babel today. I purchased it knowing that it wasn't working properly. It powers up and lights come on but that's it. It doesn't accept tokens. They just fall into the hopper.

However, my real question is about resetting the machine. All of my other machines have either a key switch or a toggle switch (in addition to the normal power switch) on the power supply. This power supply, just has the power switch. It's very basic.

Does anyone know how to reset the machine? The additional switch must be located somewhere - right?

Thanks in advance,

RoscoeB

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: No Reset Switch On Eleco Babel Power Supply???

The reset switch is in the back of the cabinet, on the right side, next to the motherboard.

It looks something like this.

6302_Taco_Slot_Reset__Switch_1.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

3. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you! I found it. However, it looks like I need a different key. The cabinet key does not fit either keyhole. The picture below shows the box, keyholes and front door key that I have.

PachisloElecoBabelReset.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can't find a key you may need to replace it with a toggle switch. You might try using a small screwdriver and see if the switch will turn, some members have had success trying that.

To change that reset switch, first remove the reel cage, now remove the stop board, (just two screws hold it in), also remove the hopper.

Why I have you remove the reel cage, stop board and hopper is because you are going to have to drill out the lock on the reset switch case and you don't want metal shavings to get into them.

Ok, with everything removed you are ready. Under the black plastic shield is a lock. It needs to be drilled out. Use a 5/16" drill bit. Don't worry about drilling into something behind the lock, there's nothing behind it. Now with the lock drilled out the case will open downward and you have access to the reset switch. Cut the two wires and install a new switch. Doesn't matter which wire goes to the contacts on the new switch.

It may sound like a lot involved, but it's really fairly simple.

Here's some pictures.

PachisloElecoBabelReset.jpg

6302_Taco_Slot_Reset_Switch_2_1.jpg

6302_Taco_Slot_Reset_Switch_3_1.jpg

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent info! Thanks Wayne-Ooo. I can definitely do that and will keep you posted.

On a side-note (maybe I should start a new thread), do you know what all of those black squiggly plastic pieces are. They've got a round plastic insert at the end. They're in the top section of the photo that I posted. All of my machines seem to have them. Some are "plugged in" while others are not. Are they configuration settings of some kind?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those "black squiggly things" do absolutely nothing. There isn't anything inside the hole that happens once the plastic piece is inserted.

It is for control in the parlors to prevent tampering. The payouts of a machine are highly regulated in Japan. If someone could swap out a chip and suddenly lower the odds the parlors would rake in the dough.

Kind of like the security tab the Electric Co. or Gas Co. puts on your meter, to show if anyone has opened it and tampered with it.
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 10-16-2016 at 11:28 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well that's disappointing - LOL. I thought for sure the squigglies were going to be an elaborate secret setup configuration only known by a few.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On a happy note, I followed Wayne-Ooo's instructions and made the modifications today. I tried removing the reels by removing the 4 mounting bracket screws underneath the reels. However, something on the back left side was still attached. It looked like there was a screw coming in from the back side that I couldn't get to. I didn't want to force anything. With that in mind, I had to leave everything in place when I drilled out the lock. I did however, hold the shop vac (with a narrow tip) directly under the drill and all of the key lock debris was sucked safely away. I have attached a picture of the end product.

On a sad note, even after a full reset the machine still acts the same way. When powered up, the horizontal 4th reel at the top will spin. The coin entry light flashes. The credit meter shows zero. No other lights are lit. The tokens fall into the hopper (inside) but no credits are given. I guess the next hurdle is figuring out why the tokens don't register. I assume they're the right tokens since they came with the machine. I'll search the site here for related info but if anyone has some thoughts please share. I'll give them a try.

Thanks!

PachisloElecoBabelResetMods.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First thing I would do is to reset every connection in the machine. May sound like a useless thing to do, but connections tend to loosen when the machine is moved. So, unplug every connection and plug it back in. Even if the connection appears to be fine, still unplug it and reset it.

After a Full Reset the top reel should spin, then stop and the red lights around the coin acceptor should be flashing. The only other thing lite-up is the belly glass light.

There are led's on the Motherboard that are lite. Make a note of which ones are lite, after you do a Full Reset. When you deposit a token, led's should lite-up on the Motherboard. (Really they just kind of "Flicker").

There are led's on the Motherboard that also should lite when the spin lever, stop buttons, bet button are used. Check for those also.

Hopefully, the led's will tell us something.
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 10-16-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tonight I was able to do the tests that you suggested. In all, I "wiped" 51 connectors. If it had a removable plug, I pulled it out and reinserted it. I also did a full reset. Unfortunately, the results were the same. The top horizontal wheel spins, the credit display reads zero, the belly light glass is lit and the lights around the coin chute flash. Tokens still drop directly to the hopper without registering.

Right now, it looks like it comes down to the coin chute not recognizing the tokens. Although, I would also think that the reels would be lit in some way.

Here's a picture of the motherboard LED's. This picture was taken in the normal state as described above. I figured out which function that most the LED indicators were tied to.

1) Max bet button
    2) Reel start knob
    3) Center reel stop button
    4) DIP switch above odds button on board below reel window
    5) Front key CCW
    6) ?
    7) ?
    8) Odds button on board below reel window
    9) Single bet button
    10) Credit collect button
    11) Right reel stop button
    12) Left reel stop button
    13) DIP switch above odds button on board below reel window
    14) Coin insert (flickers off when coin inserted)
    15) ?
    16) ?
    17) ?
    18) ?
    19) ?

PachisloElecoBabelMBLEDs.jpg

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to surfslots

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The reels light up when a token is deposited. I believe your problem is the sensors in the coin mechanism.

When you deposit a token LED #14 should flicker, then LED #7 should flicker, then LED #16 should flicker.

There are 3 sensors in the coin mechanism. The first is #14 that detects a coin jam. The next 2 are #7 and #16 that count the token.

Babel.jpg

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for sticking with me on this Wayne-Ooo! I really appreciate it.

I pulled the coin mechanism (picture shown below). When the machine is powered up, the solenoid activates and the spring loaded arm is pulled inward as you would expect. This is confirmed visually and audibly. The wires used for this activation are the two red wires. I was able to freely trigger LED#14 by moving the sensor wiper with my finger (circled at the right). Those 3 wires are also easy to trace. That only leaves the small 4 wire connector (circled at the left). I'm assuming that LED#7 and LED#16 are both triggered by this single sensor? I'm not sure since I can't identify the sensor type. However, when I wiggled the wires on the back side of the connector, LED#16 would dimly flicker. If I do it several times, the "CE" error is displayed and music plays. Do you think that points to that particular sensor?

PachisloElecoBabelCoinMechanism.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by surfslots View Post
    I'm assuming that LED#7 and LED#16 are both triggered by this single sensor? I'm not sure since I can't identify the sensor type. However, when I wiggled the wires on the back side of the connector, LED#16 would dimly flicker. If I do it several times, the "CE" error is displayed and music plays. Do you think that points to that particular sensor?
    There are 2 sensors in the single unit you have circled, (with 4 wires, labeled #16). You can see them from the front of the coin mechanism.

I believe if one sensor was working and one wasn't, the machine should of given an error code. Both need to be working to count the token. I believe both are faulty so that's why you don't get an error code. Even if one was working, you would have to change both sensors because they are built into the same unit.

Most coin mechanism's have 2 sensors that counts the token, but they are mounted separately and not in one unit, unlike this coin mechanism.

By wiggling the wires and getting an error code doesn't mean the sensor is working. It only means you shorted the circuit, causing the error code to occur.

Make sure the sensors are clean. Take a Q-tip, moistened with window cleaner to clean the sensors.
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 10-19-2016 at 11:42 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cleaning the tokens might help too
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You nailed it Wayne-Ooo. It's the double sensor unit with 4 wires. I pulled the sensor from the coin mechanism. The white connector moves around freely. I'm sure that it has broken away from the circuit board inside. As luck would have it, my Outlaw machine has the same M-Series coin mechanism. So, I pulled the sensor from Outlaw and inserted it into Babel. Voila! Everything works! Now I just need to find a new sensor.

I did some Googling for the part (KR1142-AZ by Shinkoh) but I only found large quantity sales with websites from Japan. Also did some eBay searching for "pachislo sensor" but that particular one isn't listed anywhere. Maybe I'll have to purchase the entire coin mechanism? I didn't see one of those either though. Maybe I should post a "request to buy" on Pachitalk? Is that a proper thing to do?

In any case, thanks again for all your help! I wouldn't have figured it out on my own.

PachisloElecoBabelCoinMechanismSensor.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a M6 coin mechanism listed on PachiParts. http://pachiparts.com/product_desc.php?id=49 I believe it belongs to a Member here.

Also, on PachisloDB, there is a topic on these sensors, with some for sale. You could PM the seller and see if any are still available. http://pachislodb.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6259

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought I'd take the easier and cheaper route first by replacing the sensor. I followed your link on PachisloDB and sent a PM to the user with the sensors for sale. However, I'm not sure if the message was really sent. It still shows in my OutBox folder (but not my Sent folder).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's all good!

That's how it shows till he reads/opens it. Once he reads it the (1) will go way, that way you know he has read it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ahhhh. Very good! I thought (since I was new there), I may not have been able to PM someone. Hopefully, I'll hear back from him. Thx!