Thread: Got another parts machine. All metal though?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Arrow Got another parts machine. All metal though?

Got another parts machine (or as the seller said). It’s dirty but has a glass door which is why I bought it originally for $10. What has me intrigued is that most everything is metal. The ball track, covers, ball tray etc. There is a sticker on front that says 1965 Patent date. The only machines I have personally seen have all plastic front and back except for the tray. The low ball light (I assume) says “Stop”, center jackpot (assume, has wires going to it) says MATSUYA & MATSUYA SANGYO. Are the metal parts rare or is it the cheap version? The play field is like 6 inches longer then my current one.

Anyone got any ideas?

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pach

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Got another parts machine. All metal though?

Most machines of that age were mostly metal. Plastic hadn't really taken off yet at that point. In most cases I actually prefer those machines to some of the more plastic 70's machines. You are correct about the low ball and center features. The Matsuya machines seem to be a little less common than some of the others. I have a couple here, one of which I believe is missing the lens cover for the low ball light. If you decide to part this one out I may be interested in purchasing that part from you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like you found an early single shot.. looks like its missing the bottom off it?? something looks funny about the bottom in both the front and pack pics..

these machines have neat mechanical parts on the back side..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

cool machine! thanks for sharing. It does look like the bottom few inches were removed

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seeing as the bottom of the frame was cut off i'm going to part it out. If you want something let me know. If not I'm going to tear it down and put it a parts box.

Thank all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pach View Post
    I'm going to tear it down and put it a parts box.
    to bad
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This definitely salvageable.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Microbus99 View Post
    This definitely salvageable.
    Decided im going to store it for now. The more i look at it the more i am liking this single ball feed system.

Does anyone have a picture of what the lower part of the wood would have looked like? Might fix it up this winter.

Thanks all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its just missing the frame. It wasn't anything too fancy. Probably looked something like these. Just a flat piece of wood with maybe a few decrotive grooves cut in it.

newgin.jpgnagoya_milky-img600x450-1361163988krd6hl88617.jpg3G53F33Hd5Ge5Fa5Hdd245ad70b1fd5fd17f9.jpg

Its kinda typical for these single shot machines to be missing the frames as they were super easy to take off and it seems people loose them. Otherwise that machine is fully complete and actually looks to be in pretty darn good shape (outside of the chrome).

100 machines and counting...

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The whole outer frame looks to be missing. Not a complex problem...if you have some ability to work with wood. I only have a spare Model B frame...which I'm sure wont work.
    The bottom edge of your machine locks into a groove, there once were two screws with wingnuts on them that hooked onto brackets that locked it in place. When swapping machines out in a parlor, they simply unscrewed the wingnuts, tilted the top outward, and lifted the machine out. Drop the new machine in, hook the wingnuts onto the brackets, and tighten. No need to unscrew the frame from the wall.
    I can try to post pics of details of the type of frame. No promises as to my ability to get them on the site...been having issues with my computer stuff lately.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

KINDLE_CAMERA_1475377261000.jpg Here is the back of a single shot with the type of frame I described earlier. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475377287000.jpg The plate the wingnut attaches to. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475380196000.jpg Different machine, same concept. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475380359000.jpg How the wingnut is attached to the machine. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475377435000.jpg These tabs fit into slots in the frame. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475379509000.jpg There is also a groove that the whole bottom edge fits into...easier to see on the replacement part I made. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475380453000.jpg The frame was damaged...I think someone tried to pry it out. I made the groove with several passes on a table saw. The pockets that the tabs fit into were drilled using a home made depth stop, then chiseled out. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475380625000.jpg Not a good pic, but shows how themachine fits into the slots and groove. This piece is attached to a simple frame.KINDLE_CAMERA_1475380694000.jpg Not overly complicated, if you have woodworking skills. Not particularly easy if you don't. Most machines should interchange with same style frames...but, I wouldn't be suprised if some won't fit. Therefore I didn't include dimensions...I would build it to fit the machine.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is an uncommon brand name...at least outside of Japan. I have only seen one other...I bought it because it was uncommon. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475381315000.jpg KINDLE_CAMERA_1475381387000.jpg None of the pics of the frames were this machine. Someone put house hinges on it. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475381280000.jpg Similar to a Nishijin model A...but mostly metal. I had to have it! The ball ramp is cast aluminum. KINDLE_CAMERA_1475381379000.jpg
    Last edited by pachiwall; 10-11-2016 at 02:26 PM.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Should you change your mind I need the long tube with the slots on the left side.

This from the guy that never lets go of anything.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh man you guys got me all jacked up Not the best at wood working but no the worst either. Those pics got me wanting to fix up the machine and put it in my office on a nice stand in the corner especially since it is a single all feed. I'll keep you all posted. Thinking about a nice thin standing cabinet different then my last cabinet. Thoughts?

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pach

Thanks
    Thanks Received

single shots would be easy to build a stand.. your not gona stand there any play it for a long time at a time so no need for a large top hopper.. simple frame with legs

easy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It doesn't have to be like original. Specifically...you will never need to remove it from the frame, like in a parlor. This means a simple box frame that the machine is attached to, in order to hold it upright. You may need to add a horizontal plank (apron?) below the winnings tray, to make space on the backside for a losing ball catch box.
    I took lots of pics of what a frame of that period was like in case you really wanted it to look correct. Making it removable, adding wingnuts, mortise and tenons at the bottom...all add unnecessary complications. By the way...does your machine have two wood tabs (tenons) extending from the bottom? KINDLE_CAMERA_1475377395000.jpgKINDLE_CAMERA_1475377405000.jpg That would confirm that the pics I took were of the correct style. My Matsuya has house type hinges. I have never seen on a pachimko machine before...therefore I think someone added them. I can't find evidence of what previous hinge it may have had...so, I am not sure.
    I would make a simple frame for it. It don't look like a parts machine to me!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 10-14-2016 at 09:19 PM.

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall