Thread: Monako New Dream questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Monako New Dream questions

My aunt dropped off a Monako New Dream pachinko machine to me and asked me if I would look at it as it didn't seem to be working correctly. I've never worked on one of these before so it's all new to me. I did some research for this particular machine and didn't have any luck finding any information on it.

It powers up and I can put balls in the tray, launch them, get a ball in the start pocket and the LED display does the random counter thing, likes and sound go off, etc so most things appear to be working. Couple of questions right off the bat:

1 - Are there manuals/schematics for these machines?

2 - I see there are 3 balls that are stuck in the unit and I'm not exactly sure how to get at them. You can see this is one of the pictures.

3 - When does the game award more balls to the player?

4 - I'm assuming when the sequence of the 3 different numbers/characters on the LED display match that will start a fever mode? I've yet to see this happen.

5 - Is it ok to load more balls up top when the machine is running (aka I run out while I'm playing it and want to put more in the top ball try)?

6 - Can you adjust the payouts or the frequency of how often it starts a fever?

I've read thru the FAQ and that helped a bit but I'm still not sure exactly how this thing is supposed to work.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Monako New Dream questions

Welcome to PachiTalk! I don't have that exact machine, but your questions are pretty common. You will find a lot of info in the sticky threads here as well as by using the search feature, but I'll do my best to answer the questions I can.

1 - Are there manuals/schematics for these machines?
    There are, but they are all in Japanese unless someone has translated them. I don't see anything for your machine here on the forums, but here's a link to the manuals section:
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/local_links.php?catid=6

2 - I see there are 3 balls that are stuck in the unit and I'm not exactly sure how to get at them. You can see this is one of the pictures.
    Looks like your photos are still pending mod approval so I can't help you out there, but you may just be able to remove a cover. More info when your photos show up.

3 - When does the game award more balls to the player?
    Putting a ball in the start pocket should pay out. A ball in the drop down gate during a fever pays out. Also some machines have other pockets that pay out.

4 - I'm assuming when the sequence of the 3 different numbers/characters on the LED display match that will start a fever mode? I've yet to see this happen.
    Correct. When all the characters or numbers match a fever starts. You may play for hours without hitting a fever and other times you'll hit 6 in an hour. It's just a matter of luck and timing.

5 - Is it ok to load more balls up top when the machine is running (aka I run out while I'm playing it and want to put more in the top ball try)?
    Yes. You can load balls to the rear hopper or the front tray while continuing to play.

6 - Can you adjust the payouts or the frequency of how often it starts a fever?
    Not on pachinko. Odds are set.

Again, welcome to pachitalk.

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Looks like your photos are still pending mod approval so I can't help you out there, but you may just be able to remove a cover. More info when your photos show up.

Welcome aboard

Sorry, there were no photos showing when I approved the post, so you may need to up load those again

If you are having trouble uploading, this link should help explain :

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/gene...-pictures.html

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Monaco Merry Go Round I used to own actually did have variable payouts but not fevers. (Being hanemono type) you had to adjust the stoppers inside the payout assembly depending on how many balls you win. But more modern ones. Fixed by the processor.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello debaser and welcome to the forum!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

first off

Welcome to Pachitalk

pictures would be a great help... front and back side please.. and a close up of the area you see stuck balls

you cant adjust the odds on a Pachinko game but you can adjust the nails to increase the odds a ball will land in a pocket..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks everyone for the info! I completely forgot to attach the pictures so here they are (looks like the forum rotated pictures 1, 3 and 4 even tho they look fine when viewed on my computer - sorry about that):
    IMG_3111.JPGIMG_3112.JPGIMG_3113.JPGIMG_3114.JPG

Last night I spent a bit of time with the machine and it looks like everything is working properly now. The one thing I noticed is that if the ball tray up top runs out of balls while I'm playing the game (due to paying out awards), if I load more in with the power on, they seem to go right thru to the payout tray. If I turn off the machine and load the balls in the tray up top and then turn it back on, it works fine. I can add more balls up top while it's on as long as it doesn't get so low that the feed isn't empty on at least 1 of the 2 lanes.

Also, while balls are fully loaded in the ball tray up top and the game is on, even when I'm not playing it, I can hear a motor running near the bottom of the unit. Once the ball tray up top is empty and the ball feed has at least 1 of the 2 lanes not full of balls, this motor turns off. I'm assuming this is normal but wanted to make sure.

Again, thanks for all the quick responses and info. My son and I have enjoyed playing around with this unit.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to debaser

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Mansai777 list 2 machines under the name New Dream ニュードリーム

ニュードリーム

m0002278.jpg

ニュードリームGX

m0002280.jpg
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Last night I spent a bit of time with the machine and it looks like everything is working properly now. The one thing I noticed is that if the ball tray up top runs out of balls while I'm playing the game (due to paying out awards), if I load more in with the power on, they seem to go right thru to the payout tray

In the front of machine or back of machine? If the front, it because machine is paying you credits owed to you, if the back of machine, its the clean out lever being open, if its coming to front of machine, keep loading top back hopper until it stop on its own. If its the back that filling, there is some kind of switch that is by 2 lane ramp when it changes directions
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on pachinko machines, when you get a fever (three of a kind) you can win up to 2000 balls
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech