Thread: Error code E0

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Error code E0

Fired up my Biohazard machine afger it was unplugged for a long time. Works well...except, after about 15-20 tokens are added. Then up pops an E0 code.
    Any ideas?

2. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Error code E0

Presume it's not clearing with the full reset

Hopefully someone can post with some trouble shooting advice for you

in the meantime, I found a couple of threads where members have had E-0 errors, there may be some useful info for you:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...a-machine.html

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...help-noob.html

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Its probably fluff or the token getting stuck in travelling slowly in the coin mech. My ToHeart2 is always doing it (Must get round to fixing it) and the alarm is really loud on that one.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post

Presume it's not clearing with the full reset

Hopefully someone can post with some trouble shooting advice for you

in the meantime, I found a couple of threads where members have had E-0 errors, there may be some useful info for you:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...a-machine.html

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...help-noob.html

I moved it yesterdy, sounded alarm and shouting something in Japanese. I did not look at the display...but I expect it was E0. Did a full reset, and it worked fine. After running 50 credits down to zero...I tried loading 50 more. It took about 15 tokens, and registered E0. Full reset, loaded about 20...E0 again. If I only load a few and play...it works fine.
    No internet at the house that it is in...so I couldn't search until I got home. I couldn't find anything. So I started this thread, I knew this code had to be discussed at some point...THANKS HANABI!
    After reading the links, I am going to clean the coin acceptor. The symptoms seem to lead there as well.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a list of Error Codes for your machine, for any future use.

Yamasa Error Codes.jpg
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

10. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Wayne-Ooo! I thought about asking if anyone had a translation of error codes.
    Before tinkering, error code was constant. Do a full reset, and E0 returns before you can close the door. When error triggers, the magnet releases so that tokens return to tray. I'm sure this is normal. I tried holding the track in the "magnitized" position...of course this made no difference.
    I removed the coin acceptor, disassembled it and cleaned it. Some of the metal spacers were rusting, so I wire brushed them cleaned everything with alchohol and cotton swabs. What I expect were the optical sensors had a clear plastic "lens" inside a black plastic housing. The window that the lens was behind was too small for cleaning the lens. I reassembled the coin acceptor and reinstalled it.
    Did another full reset to clear the code. Filled with 50 tokens and played them on setting #6. Hit some wins, but not as many as I would have expected on the easiest setting. Plays and pays correctly, until refilling it. I don't remember how many, but E0 came back before reaching 50 credits. Once again, E0 always returns after a full reset before you can get the door closed.
    I will take it out and clean again, maybe spray the lens with soma "canned air". And take some pics.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

can ya get a damp qtip in there and wipe it clean????
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

after that it might be time to replace the sensors
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First of all...no pics. I plugged in the machine to take a pic of the animated girl shouting, "Error, notify attendant!" There is Japanese words across the bottom, but I'm sure it says notify attendant. The Kindle refused to switch to camera mode. So I did a full reset expecting it to go directly into E0. It did not, so I loaded only 3 tokens and played them. Played this way for about an hour, inserting a small amount of tokens at a time...sometimes 5 sometimes 8. Whatever random amount I happened to pick up. Since it was playing fine, I decided to fill it to 50. Ran it down and repeated. Watched tv for a couple hours while playing without watching machine. TV volume turned up all the way to follow the plot. After several hours of testing...no erreo code returned. Therefore I did not take it apart.

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    can ya get a damp qtip in there and wipe it clean????
    The lens is inside a black plastic housing with a tiny square window. A Q-tip is WAY too thick to fit. I was planning to stretch a bit ofthe cotton tip (are they really cotton any more?) and twist it into a tiny point, wet with alchohol and try that. Fortunately that was not necessary.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Played a bunch in the last few days, then E0 came back. Don't think cleaning will help much, but will try that first. Can the optical sensors be tested with a multimeter? If it/they are bad, how do you determine what kind to buy, and where to look for one?

22. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

off the wall question here.
    Is it possible that the machine doesn't like the tokens your using?

I have a Macross machine from Sankyo and I originally was using Akimono tokens and I noticed every once in awhile it would toss the coin jam error.. I cleaned and problem kept repeating.. I swapped the tokens out with another machine.. and the problem has not reared its head since..

just an idea.

24. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well...I have about 2,500 tokens of mixed variety. Some very worn, but most nice shiny good condition. I once bought a 20 token sample of the brand new "cherry" tokens. There was an issue with these as they are attracted to a magnet and unsuitable fof many machines. Never had a problem with them. I had them in my "Lucky Cherry" machine, but now mixed back in.
    Maybe I'll sort them by brand, then further sort by wear. After cleaning, then only use the best quality, and see if it has a preference for brand. I don't expect this to be a problem, but will give it a try.
    I'll take pics with my LG tablet...but I haven't figured out how to post pics with it. My Kindle died...I learned how to post pics with it, but it was very cumbersome. Maybe I'll see something that will identify the sensors.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Removed coin acceptor, took pics, still can't figure out how to post from an LG tablet. Go advanced, paper clip, etc. I get as far as selecting the pic from my files, tap pic...returns to "choose file...no file chosen".
    Oh well! I removed the sensor. It is a black plastic device with 4 tiny square windows. Paired, facing each other on either side of a trough that the token rolls through. That would make sense, if I was able to post a pic. It is snapped together with 5 clips integrel to the housing. I was tempted to pop it open and try to gain better access to the windows for cleaning. I decided this is probably a bad idea.
    It is labeled "SHINKOH ELECS KI2050-2". I Googled it, and came up with a website for Shinkoh. They had all kinds of optical sensors, and claimed to be able to custom make anything needed. However, KI2050-2 did not pull up in their search. I contacted them through their site asking if another part# superseded this. There was "required" information needed to send message. One requirement was company name". I entered "no company, private individual" . I don't think they sell individual sensors. I think they sell to manufacturers in lots of...I don't know, 100 or so.
    Continuing my Google search, I ca e across a site selling optical sensors that found the part# I'm looking for. Only sold in lots of 4 for $40. Not an ideal circumstance...but not a dealbreaker. However, there is no picture of the sensor that tbey claim is KI2050-2, just a generic picture of an assortment of sensors. I might gamble $10 for 1 sensor that might not be right...but not $40 for 4 sensors that won't work. Even if correct, I would have 3 sensors available to Pachitalk members that might never be used!
    At this point I will try cleaning and reassemble...see what happens.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tried photobucket, couldn't figure out how to sign up. Tried flickr, was able to load pics, but unable to get them on pachitalk. Every time I try to upload from the web...our "go advanced" screen says "invalad file". So...NO PICS! Made tiny points of cotton swabs (no pics), and cleaned tiny windows ( once again, no pics). Reassembled, reset...E0! Ready to give up! Both of posting pics of my problem...and fixing this darn thing!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi,not sure if you got my message,the coin mech I have is the one you want.I tried it on my Biohazard machine and it worked fine.

31. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to TomscottVikky