Thread: Sankyo Big Powerful Fever not paying out, red light

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Big Powerful Fever not paying out, red light

I picked up a Sankyo Big Powerful Fever some time ago. It mostly sat as decoration in my office but I would let friends (or rather their kids) play it from time to time and it would work great. Even hit Fever a couple of times. But for the last few years it's sat unused and unplugged.

Recently I renovated the office and wanted to more prominently display the pachinko machine. Plugged her in and while the display was a little shrunken it was fine after about 20 minutes of warming up. My son played it for a while and it worked great. Then it showed the red light on the front indicating that the reward hopper was empty. I refilled it but the light wouldn't go away. I've confirmed that there are no ball jams and the two streams of balls reach down to the reward motor. But the red light doesn't clear and the reward motor doesn't respond when you hit a target.

I barely know how to maintain these machines let alone repair them. I assume that either there is something wrong with the little reward motor, the electronics that control the reward motor, or that the system is simply stuck and needs to be reset. I'm not sure how to reset the unit and don't see any obvious reset switch on the back.

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be wrong with the machine?

Thanks,

Justin

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Big Powerful Fever not paying out, red light

I would start by removing the payout motor and test that it turns ok. You would be amazed that any small debris can stop it turning or jam up the balls just before the cogs.

Also as you said the red light is still on. Locate the switches that indicate there are balls in the tank. If this is a Lumina frame its located on the right hand side after the slope down drom the tank. Again. Look for fluff or debris
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 07-01-2016 at 01:28 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Big Powerful Fever not paying out, red light

I removed the payout motor and disassembled it. It turned pretty easily. There's a little bit of gunk in the plastic shoots but not enough to catch the balls. I also disassembled the part with the two shoots and the two switches. No jams in either. I reassembled and reseated everything.

I poked around the back a bit more and I did manage to find a tiny white button in the lower left corner. I held that for a while after starting it back up and the red light stayed on, but a little display next to the button on the back showed the number "7". No idea what that means, but I dropped some balls into the reward hopper and it started to payout and the red light turned off (at least until it caught up and I added more balls.) Not sure if that reset the state or if maybe reseating everything resolved a bad connection but she seems to be working now.

Thanks!

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Halo_Four