Thread: Yamasa Sea Story Umi Iban type A Max bet only New member trying to learn !

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Yamasa Sea Story (Umi Iban type A ) Max bet only New member trying to learn !

I have a yamasa sea story machine manufactured in 2003. It seems to work fine but will,only spin the wheels when selecting max bet it has a button labeled bet that when pushed lights up one line at a time until max is reached but it will not let me spin reels unless max bet is pushed. Saw a similar thread about this but it didn't mention having a seperate bet button in addition to the max bet button. Also any idea how to decipher the Japanese writing describing how to play? Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Yamasa Sea Story (Umi Iban type A ) Max bet only New member trying to learn

most machines are max bet only, the other buttons were left rather then redesigning the doors
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Yamasa Sea Story (Umi Iban type A ) Max bet only New member trying to learn

WELCOME!!!

Lucky speaks the truth..The 1 and 2 bet buttons are confusing for sure on Max Bet machines!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

5. The following user says "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any ideas on where I might find a guide to translate the Japanese to English on the machine to help in understanding the game play? Hard for me so far to get the feel of the game.....thanks

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are quite a few different Sea Story themed pachis, fish seem to be very popular in Japan

Sadly I have never owned any of them so can't comment on gameplay and any literature is usually in Japanese

Most pachislos operate in the same manner and so the usual advice is just to play, play and play some more and see what you discover

If there is something specific you need translating, you could try posting a pic here and perhaps a member could help?

In the meantime, have some official welcome fishies

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After watching this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQZhK1Aw5OU I see the machine is a Type A machine and plays like most other Type A machines. Which means it has a Regular Bonus and a Big Bonus. A Regular Bonus is winning one round of 8 spins, winning 15 tokens on each spin. A Big Bonus is winning 3 rounds of 8 spins, winning 15 for each spin. If you are looking to translate the labels above the stop buttons, they are most likely "reach patterns" and/or telling what combinations lead to a Bonus Round.

Playing a Pachislo machine, you may feel as if you are playing a game. In reality, the machine has already determined the outcome of the spin, as soon as you hit the spin lever. No matter what you do, it doesn't matter. There are some exceptions, like if your machine has "AT", (assist time). An example would be if an arrow comes up on the screen, pointing left or right, you would stop the reels according to the direction the arrow is pointing and you will most certainly get a winning combination.

During "Gameplay" the machine may play "Mini-games" or "Reaches". Where 2 of the same numbers come up and the game tries to match the number, to give you a winning reach. Most of the time you don't get the reach and you may think you could of done something to help yourself win, but remember, it is a gambling machine and not your Xbox. (The machine already decided the outcome.) But, still fun to play!

On most all machines you truly have no control where the reels stop, until you get some type of Bonus Indication. On your machine it will say Big Bonus, (BB) on the LCD screen. The machine has now given you control of the reels and if you watch the images on the reels, you can stop the reels on the 7's as they come around. This is called "eyeshooting". If you don't try to stop the reels on 7's, it could take several spins before the machine hits the 7's for you.

A Big Bonus normally consists of 24 to 30 games. Getting 3 replays is called a "Jac-In", this is where the machine gives your round of 8 spins, winning 15 for each spin. The machine then will go back to whatever game it was at. During these games you will win small winning combinations. You can try to avoid getting a Jac-In by stopping the reels from right to left. Thus winning more small combinations and boosting your total winnings for the Big Bonus round.

You do have to be careful avoiding Jac-In, or you could miss out on getting all your Jac-In rounds before the games run out. Missing a round of 8 spins at 15 tokens each.

I also see in the video that there is a CT or ST after the Bonus round. (Challenge Time/ Stock Time). This is where the machine will go for several spins, with a greater chance of winning another Bonus round and normally you do.

This is just general info on how about every Type A machine works and maybe by understanding this you will be able to learn what things mean on the LCD screen as you play.
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 02-01-2016 at 01:23 AM.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks very much for such a detailed answer. I played a few rounds this morning and it really helped me understand what was happening. No BB rounds yet but I know what to expect now. I'm really enjoying and benefitting from being involved with such a large group of folks who know so much about these machines. I really appreciate all the help.........
    I may be lost but I'm still making good time...

12. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Bill m