Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Eva 9/Gundam Red Fever light problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Eva 9/Gundam Red Fever light problem

I did get the 7 code to clear. I just hadn't quite filled up the top hopper to where the sensor was. When I did that, the 7 changed to a -.

My only issue now is the balls are not making it up to the play area. I am wondering if this is partially because the machine is not quite level, the left side is a bit high. Are pachinko machines pretty sensitive to being level? Frank suggested to check for balls stuck in the chute mechanism, so I will try that when I get home.

The package I got was pretty beat up. The outer box was smashed in several places and kind of slumped against the wall. The inner box had several holes in it. The pachinko balls that shipped with it had ripped open and were distributed through all the packaging and in the fedex truck floor. I found them all the way up my walk and driveway as well. I think I ended up with about 2-300 of the 500 balls left. I also found 2 bonus screws and a piece of plastic in the packaging.

That said, it seems to be mostly functional, so I have some hope! I am really glad Akimono provides this service. Now I am reading up the cabinets forums... Thanks all for your suggestions.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One of my machines would have trouble with the first ball or two launching to the top and then causing others to collide into them and falling back down the chute. I now turn the shooter handle full to the right for the first ball or two. All is good after that. I haven’t looked into the shooter strength setting yet.

Another thing could be that some packing material or other item is in the ball path preventing the balls to launch well. I had this happen after shipping a couple times. Give a good look at the whole area behind the lower panel when opened after the glass door is opened.

As far as being top heavy I have a few anchored from the wall to the cabinet. $15 wall anchors for flat panel TV’s are good insurance to me and safety for small kids and rowdy pets. I have a good sized cat that is often on my machines. Furniture straps used for dressers and bookcases are also good. With a few thousand balls up top it gets all the more top heavy!

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks again for your help! I didn't even realize there was another door I could open when I opened the top door... I am glad that it lets you shoot balls even with everything open! After poking around and blowing everything off with a can of air I started shooting balls up and watching the mechanism. I noticed there is a gear on the bottom right which is meant to mesh with the gear from the handle that controls the strength. When I turn the handle, it would sometimes twitch, but it never turned, so I think that something in the handle is broken so it's just stuck at whatever strength it was at, probably the smallest. Now I have to figure out how to take that handle apart, it doesn't look like it comes off easily. It must have electronics in there too...

5. The following user says "Thanks" to centaur

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have not gotten into the shooter assembly as far as anything mechanical or electrical yet. I have read of others doing so and I hope they can help you. You may want to start a new thread about this for some broader exposure. Also add some pictures if you are able. They can be very helpful.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 10-21-2016 at 11:14 PM.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It was actually not as bad as I was worried! Everything feels like it's meant to be serviced, which I suppose makes sense. It seems very modular, and uses normal screws which seem to work how they look.

I am hoping somehow I can find a spare of this assembly and just swap it out. I imagine most machines by the same company (at least) use that exact same part to hold the gears. It also has the motor for the shooter and the shooter itself on the back, but I think you could take off the front part and just replace that. Haven't tried yet though...

Here's some of the guts.2016-10-22 10.58.12.jpg2016-10-22 11.05.49.jpg2016-10-22 11.05.29.jpg

I am kind of sad that I won't be able to play this one anytime soon, but I decided to double down and ordered the last Gundam Red Fever machine they have.

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to centaur

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seeing as it just pivots around that gear. Could you not put a pin it and through the back of the frame. The handle should take most of the turning force. Or if you can get the distance right. Glue the gear on to the back of the handle shaft.
    Ian #UKPachinko

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I might be able to. I was looking at it after you mentioned in the other thread. There is part of the piece that has some clearance behind, so maybe I could build it up.2016-10-23 14.16.28.jpg

I think there is enough left if I got a slightly longer screw and put a bolt on the other side that might work. It looks like there is some dead space behind where it mounts sothat it would still fit in2016-10-23 14.19.57.jpg

First I would need to get the broken piece of the mounting off the end of the ratchet... I have tried with a screwdriver and pliers but it's really stuck on there! I don't think I will be able to get it off without breaking it, which means I couldn't try super-gluing it...2016-10-23 14.21.24.jpg

It's meant to fit fairly loosely at the end of the handle, the resistance is from both the ratchet and the handle having a flattened-circle shape so they can only fit on 2 ways. The handle is metal and the gear is plastic, and the resistance is down low on the other gears, so I don't think gluing it to the handle would work.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've used SCIGRIP 4 to glue similar broken pieces on my machines. One was a standoff like yours that held a screw and catch for the glass panel on a door. The other was the whole base on a V-Trigger shooting knob. They're still pretty solid.

https://amzn.com/B00JFPF0UQ

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mandoman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! I just ordered some, I will use that for my first attempt. Frank thought he might be able to find a spare for me as well, so hopefully I can replace the broken part.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If I ever order another im going to offer to pay more to ship freight im surprised they dont automatically ship it freight

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That’s an interesting thought. I think they would be up to shipping freight if it were multiple machines or if the buyer were to arrange for a carrier to pickup at their warehouse. I think that there isn’t much profit margin and the need is there to keep the total expenses in check.

My experience in warehousing is that a large amount of damage is done by all carriers unless you are willing to pay the upcharge for better handling (white glove treatment) throughout the transit route. Transportation profits are held up by volume so trailers are loaded with a stack and pack mindset. Imagine one or two machines on a small or regular sized pallet. It would most likely get pressed into a tight spot and squashed. Worse it’s a nice flat and firm looking package that gets another pallet stacked on it. It looks good when loaded but give it 500 miles of bouncing down the road it will surely look different.

In the end it may be handled a few times less but the ground package carriers pack out their trucks tighter which may be safer for your machine. Also how many times it might be handled roughly by anyone. I don’t know of any exception carriers anymore for long distance deliveries. In my opinion it still comes down to the way things are packaged. But then again the better the packing job and materials can cost more for a shipper.

Just some opinions after decades of doing my part in the receiving process for a large wholesaler.

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Doesn't loc-tite make an epoxy specfically for plastics?

I haven't used it myself.. usually superglue and it's done..
    but it might be worth a shot.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I haven't used anything yet either but I've heard of good results with both Loctite and JBweld. There are several versions of each for various applications of plastics.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've used JB weld for plastic, it does work pretty well. I would still put some pressure on Akimono to provide a replacement shooter assembly however if at all possible, no telling how long a JB weld repair is going to hold up long term. Not to mention I'm sure the pachinko wasn't cheap to begin with....this makes me want to test the machines I'm picking up from them in person when the shipment arrives from Japan to ensure there's no bugs to work out! Maybe I can quality control some of the other excess inventory while I'm there...lol.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got the Gundam machine today. It survived shipping in much better shape, and seems to actually work! It needs a little cleanup though I think... Any advice for getting tobacco stains off of plastic?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have used this before not sure what everone else uses. I also use this for my soft top on my jeep wrangler so I already had a bottle it works decent. http://www.shoppopdisplays.com/11765...UUixoC_6Dw_wcB

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to samslack

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2