Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eva 9/Gundam Red Fever light problem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Eva 9/Gundam Red Fever light problem

Hey guys! I'm new here. Thought I was the only one who loved pachinko until I found this forum.

Anyway, I just purchased 2 pachinko machines: an Evangelion 9 machine and a Gundam Red Fever machine. Both are awesome! Pictures truly didn't do them justice. My problem is that earlier today when I was using them, the lights around the exteriors of the machines were working and ,for whatever reason, suddenly stopped. I've attached a picture of the Eva machine with lights on around the exterior and one without, as well as the Gundam machine with/without lights. The lights will work on both machines when the doors are opened, but only then. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!20160125_115204.jpg20160125_201247.jpg20160125_201320.jpg20160125_201536.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Eva 9/Gundam Red Fever light problem

Welcome to Pachitalk. I have the Eva 9 machine, but haven't noticed the issue you're having. Is the machine throwing an error code on the back? I am assuming you've checked the connections to make sure they are all tight and that closing the door isn't pitching anything or pushing/pulling and connectors or wiring?

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the reply! I will double check and make sure none of those things are happening. One thing I did notice is after the initial startup, both machine make a 3 tone sound and the lights will flash 4 times and stop. Not sure if this is an error or something else?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All connections appear to be tight. The only thing I see on the back is the "7." It's unusual that it happened to both machines at roughly the same time...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Error 7 on some machines means the ball hopper is empty, or there is some type of blockage in the payout mechanism.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

7. The following user says "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll check the ball hoppers. That wouldn't be affecting the lights though, right?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red lights are a warning something is wrong, so if the machine is empty or has payouts waiting to pay, it will show to the parlour attendant at a glance without having to open the machine. On some of the Sanyo frames the top, right or left frame lighting (or combination of) will change to red depending on what fault.
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you for the reply Drunkenclam. So when i'm trying to fill the ball hopper, the balls all empty out into the reservoir on the back of the machine or the reservoir underneath the loading tray on the front of the machine. they don't appear to stay in the machine. How might I remedy this? I can upload a video if that helps?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I am a little confused by where the balls are going. If they are going to the lower tray in the front it is likely that the top tray is full and it is catching up on payouts and they are being diverted to the lower tray. Once the lower tray is full the machine will throw another error and ask you to empty balls from the lower tray. If the balls are coming straight out the back into your lost ball catcher then you probably have the ball dump open. I don't remember 100% because I think I've only dumped balls once on the Eva 9, but about halfway down the right side on the back of the machine there should be a (black?) cover that lifts up. Under that you should see a (red?) plastic slide on the left side of the area you just uncovered. Push the slide either up or down (whichever way it moves) and see if that solves the problem. The slide is a little hard to get to if you have big fingers, but you should be able to reach it.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alucard7x7 View Post
    Thank you for the reply Drunkenclam. So when i'm trying to fill the ball hopper, the balls all empty out into the reservoir on the back of the machine or the reservoir underneath the loading tray on the front of the machine. they don't appear to stay in the machine. How might I remedy this? I can upload a video if that helps?
    Every machine has a ball release switch or valve near the payout area or on the reward ball chute at the upper right side, usually the importer marks it with a bit of paint. You'll have to flip/switch it back to keep the balls from being released.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

All right, after many attempts to figure it out, here is what it was: the top tray was empty and had not caught up on payouts. I had to load and reload the top hopper until the payouts had caught up, which was a lot! Thank you guys all for your help!

I bought my first and only machine (up until now) back in 2001 when I was in Jr. high, a Sankyo Big Powerful Ex. Needless to say it's a little easier to figure out!

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to alucard7x7

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by alucard7x7 View Post
    All right, after many attempts to figure it out, here is what it was: the top tray was empty and had not caught up on payouts. I had to load and reload the top hopper until the payouts had caught up, which was a lot! Thank you guys all for your help!

I bought my first and only machine (up until now) back in 2001 when I was in Jr. high, a Sankyo Big Powerful Ex. Needless to say it's a little easier to figure out!
    I totally understand this one.. My Macross Frontier machine does this after you go through a fever round until it pays out completely.
    Its pretty noticeable when its out of balls because the lights turn from cyan to red and some go out completely. Once the balls are refilled everything lights right back up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah, I'm guessing most machines function this way. Just a matter of learning it again!

I literally spent 5 hours last night trying to figure it out Live and learn!
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for this thread! You saved me some time there at least.

I just got an Eva 9 machine last night from Akimono. I think it suffered a bit in the shipping. There is no video when I power it on, though it goes through it's self tests otherwise. It also has a code 7 in the back. I tried putting some balls in the top hopper but maybe I didn't put in enough?

I am wondering what I got myself into, this monster is so top heavy I need to figure some way to keep it from toppling over. The balls are also not getting up to the pins when I manage to get it to shoot without the video, so I am worried something is messed up there too or if I just need to make the machine more level.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have had 2 machines get to me from Akimono in pretty bad condition. Shame on their lack of QC! It is top heavy , so you will need to build a cabinet or mount a fairly wide,thick board to the bottom of the machine to keep it from toppling over. I would certainly make sure the machine is level first.

The code 7 I believe is something with the card reader emulator. There is a little port on the bottom right side of the machine with a small gray PC-looking device. Make sure that is plugged in all the way and not loose at all. As for the balls not shooting all the way up. Try opening the front of the machine up by turning the key on the front of the machine to the left, I believe. There should be a small red "latch" with an arrow just above the shooter handle. Pull that and make sure no balls are jammed in there. Once that's completed, turn the shooter knob all the way to the right and see if they shoot up past the top of the play field. Hopefully one of these helps. As for the lack of a video screen, that is a mystery to me, it could be a video issue if absolutely nothing is appearing on screen. Good luck!
    Pachi Fever!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd check all the connectors unplugging then replugging them in, it's somewhat common for a connector to come loose during transit and cause problems such as LCD screen not working. As for the shooter, try twisting the shooter knob completely to the right...some machines have adjustable shooter strength; not sure if yours is one of them, but I've had to tighten up an adjustment screw on one of my machines which makes the shooter shoot much stronger.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello centaur and welcome to the group
    Some great advice can always be found here!

25. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Indeed! I just started poking around in the crowded back of my machine without having much hope and found the module on the top right was kind of loose and had slipped down. The ribbon cable was just sitting on top of it. When I plugged it in I had video on startup! Now to figure out the ball speed...

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to centaur

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

7 on the back panel means ADD more balls to hopper..
    Easiest way to build feet is to add 2 wood planks to the bottom of the machine to balance it out..
    The other option is to build a frame for it to reside in.

As for Akimono and Frank.. He has shipping problems.. and its probably a bigger issue then I think.
    In my examples I have ordered 5 different machines from him.. out of those 3 arrived damaged. 1 was severely damaged and I had to build a new cabinet for it. 1 was repaired by rewiring the transformer and replacing a cell. and 1 was lucky to survive as the box was ripped open with wires hanging out.

As for a recent example a buddy of mine picked up a HOTD Pachislo that has a bent frame, and damage to the door. All caused by an impact in one corner. I am working on trying to fix this now.

Frank has been very helpful, and I feel bad for bringing these up but these are not cheap devices.. I think more issues can be avoided by more securely packing the items he ships.. which may add some time but save him in the long term.

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by stampeed valkyrie View Post
    7 on the back panel means ADD more balls to hopper..
    Easiest way to build feet is to add 2 wood planks to the bottom of the machine to balance it out..
    The other option is to build a frame for it to reside in.

As for Akimono and Frank.. He has shipping problems.. and its probably a bigger issue then I think.
    In my examples I have ordered 5 different machines from him.. out of those 3 arrived damaged. 1 was severely damaged and I had to build a new cabinet for it. 1 was repaired by rewiring the transformer and replacing a cell. and 1 was lucky to survive as the box was ripped open with wires hanging out.

As for a recent example a buddy of mine picked up a HOTD Pachislo that has a bent frame, and damage to the door. All caused by an impact in one corner. I am working on trying to fix this now.

Frank has been very helpful, and I feel bad for bringing these up but these are not cheap devices.. I think more issues can be avoided by more securely packing the items he ships.. which may add some time but save him in the long term.
    ^This is partly the reason I'm going to personally pick up the 2 machines I've ordered from them next month when the shipment arrives (Akimono is only a 2-2.5 hour drive from home ) The machines I want are the only examples in the entire US (to my knowledge) so if they get broken by some Fedex guy having a bad day and roughing them up they are virtually irreplaceable. They offer a $50 per machine discount if you aren't having them shipped, plus you get the added excitement and memorable experience of a pachinko road trip! Maybe Frank will let me play with some of the inventory... Also, the nearby mountain town of Greenville SC is an awesome and beautiful city to visit for a weekend getaway!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast