Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Newer Pachinko Machine Help Arcus Taiyo Elec Frame

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newer Pachinko Machine Help (Arcus Taiyo Elec Frame)

I have an Arcus, Taiyo Elec, S-D No.004847, pachinko machine that I can't
    get working. The red light in the upper right hand corner continues to
    flash all the time. I have filled the hopper in the back with several new
    balls, that I just purchased, and it still continues to flash. I am in
    Pueblo, Colorado, and don't know who to turn to for repair. Any assistance
    or booklet would be greatly appreciative. Thanks, John Thompson

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newer Pachinko Machine Help

Welcome to pachitalk! I am not familiar with that machine. If you post some pics, it may be easier for someone to recognise it, plus bwe love pics!

Someone will have better advise than me...just wanted to properly welcome you!

3. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome aboard

If you post a pic of the front of your machine we may be able to identify the title for you

Taiyo Elec is the manufacturer
    Arcus is the name of the frame and it ran from around 1997 to 2002 I believe

As most modern pachinkos operate in the same or similar manner, I can give you these 2 links that may be useful in regards setup and operation etc

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...=65&linkid=545

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...=65&linkid=547

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pictures front and back could be a great help..

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Arcus Taiyo Elec

I have an Arcus/Taiyo Elec machine that I would like to find a repairman or knowledge(manuals) on its operation. Currently a red light flashes in the upper right hand corner. I thought that maybe the hopper wasn't full enough as stated on You-tube. Thus, purchased more balls and added them to the hopper with no luck at all. I would sure appreciate any information or guidance with regards to this machine. I am trying to get it set up for all my grandchildren. Thanks for any advice------John Thompson
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Arcus Taiyo Elec

wish ya were closer..

have you tried removing the jackpot mech??
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newer Pachinko Machine Help (Arcus Taiyo Elec Frame)

Does it payout at all?
    A chance something is stuck in or before the payout assembly, so the machinew might be flshing to let you know it needs to payout
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by jct81006 View Post
    I have an Arcus/Taiyo Elec machine that I would like to find a repairman or knowledge(manuals) on its operation. Currently a red light flashes in the upper right hand corner. I thought that maybe the hopper wasn't full enough as stated on You-tube. Thus, purchased more balls and added them to the hopper with no luck at all. I would sure appreciate any information or guidance with regards to this machine. I am trying to get it set up for all my grandchildren. Thanks for any advice------John Thompson

John

I have merged your new thread with your original one, so all the replies will be together for you

(not sure if you have seen the previous replies and the links I gave originally)

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

12. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachi Puro,
    Thanks for the information. I am not sure where the jack pot mechanism is located, but will try to figure it out. Where can I get a basic operating manual for these machines? Anyway, thanks again, for your info regarding my situation. John

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Drunkenclam,
    Thanks for your information, and I will try to figure where the payout assembly is located. I have nothing in the way of manuals for this machine and not sure how it actually works-new at this! Anyway, thanks again, John

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Follow the trail of balls down the right hand side. To see where the balls stop
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unfortunately any manuals would be in Japanese and are very hard to find. Maybe there's a ball jam or obstruction inside that black box where the payout motor is? That would be my guess...I had an issue where a machine would not pay out due to a dead beetle causing a big ball jam which required removing the access cover to the payout area. Packing peanuts can also get down in the chutes and cause ball jams as well.

I would find the ball release valve/switch that every machine has (that dumps ALL the balls from the top hopper out the back of the machine, usually on located the upper right side) to try releasing it and see if all the balls fall out freely....if not then you've got a ball jam. Most of the time the pachinko importers mark the location of this valve/switch with some yellow paint....you will have to look hard and fiddle around with it to find it as they are all a bit different in my experience. Next step would be to take off the access panel around the payout motor or maybe have to remove the whole payout mechanism?

Does the shooter work? Or just having payout issues?

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lotsoballs,
    Thanks for all the information, and I have taken off the payout black box (No. E174149) and there was a ball jammed in it. Thus, I removed the screws holding the unit together and the ball fell out. I then replaced everything as it was and loaded the hopper again with balls and it still didn't work. Thus, I took the unit out again and another ball is stuck in it. I will have to look further this time to see if anything else is stuck in it. I don't know if the shooter works or not-how does the balls get fed into the board? Do they come from the back of the machine where they are loaded in the hopper that feeds the payout box or from the front? Thanks again for all you help--John

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lotsoballs,
    Thanks for all the information, and I have taken off the payout black box (No. E174149) and there was a ball jammed in it. Thus, I removed the screws holding the unit together and the ball fell out. I then replaced everything as it was and loaded the hopper again with balls and it still didn't work. Thus, I took the unit out again and another ball is stuck in it. I will have to look further this time to see if anything else is stuck in it. I don't know if the shooter works or not-how does the balls get fed into the board? Do they come from the back of the machine where they are loaded in the hopper that feeds the payout box or from the front? Thanks again for all you help--John
    The strangest thing just happened.....my Maturi Penguin just went on the fritz with the exact same symptoms you describe....two flashing lights in the upper right, shooter completely dead and but strangely enough no ball jam either. I think these flashing lights are contagious! I did a bit of research, and was getting a #1 error "pending payout related" by the error indicating board. Apparently these Maturi Penguins can be fussy sometimes after getting 4 balls in a row...

I tried doing a hard reset of machine near the lower right board just like this fellow forum member describes on this very helpful video : You have to turn the machine off, search for the tiny little reset button located on the lower right side of the machine most likely as described in the video (mine was actually located on the side of the frame) hold it down then turn it back on, badda bing badda boom! I tried resetting mine and my Penguin is back to normal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ijztk28eOU

Hopefully your's is just as easy of an issue to clear. There's probably tiny LEDs near the "dongle" area that indicate error codes....maybe it's as simple as clearing them via hard reset.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-21-2016 at 08:37 PM.

21. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lotsoballs, I just got home from the hospital as the wife has been having trouble and read your post. I tried turning off the machine and hit the red button like you had stated(how long do you hold the button?)-and no luck at all. The two lights are still flashing---- top right hand corner and in the middle of the machine. I also get a number one at the bottom right hand corner in the rear of the machine. Any other suggestions? Thanks again, for all of your info and support!
    John

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lotsoballs, I just got home from the hospital as the wife has been having trouble and read your post. I tried turning off the machine and hit the red button like you had stated(how long do you hold the button?)-and no luck at all. The two lights are still flashing---- top right hand corner and in the middle of the machine. I also get a number one at the bottom right hand corner in the rear of the machine. Any other suggestions? Thanks again, for all of your info and support!
    John

Sorry....I think I posted the wrong youtube link earlier this is the right one to reset...hold it down 10 seconds while your holding it down, then turn the machine on and let go of the reset button. That's what I did. The Penguin I was referring to earlier is also a Taiyo Elec made frame, just a couple years newer so I assume they are similar. There could also be a reset button on the cell itself somewhere. Anyways, the Penguin was acting up again today with payouts not working and then the 2 flashing lights and I tried doing a hard reset but that still didn't work. I could hear the payout motor "clicking" like it was trying to do dispense but stuck?
    What did eventually solve it was I drained all the balls, removed the 2 screws that hold the white payout motor cover, removed the wiring connector to the payout motor, then you can just pull out the whole payout motor and the little circuit board with it. There's a payout "wheel" or "gear" that you can manually spin with your finger which will dispense balls out the front of the machine like the motor is supposed to be doing...so I manually cleared ALL the balls out from the payout mechanism, then reassembled everything making sure the connector to the motor was on right, then did the hard reset as rubberrat's youtube video describes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYzoUwdI5lw

After jumping through all those hoops I tested for payout after getting 4, 5, or 6 balls in a row (Mines an arepachi type pachinko cell, completely different gameplay than your digipachi) and it's paying out normal without giving any errors or lights...for now.
    Last edited by lotsoballs; 01-23-2016 at 12:32 AM.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Am I seeing things or is there a disconnected wire connector on the left side?? Maybe the previous owner fooling around with it and left a connector disconnected, it doesn't hurt to remove them all wire connectors and replace to make sure there's good firm connections all around. All it takes it one loose connector for the whole machine not to work properly...ask how I know. They should only fit in one nearby "socket" and be color coded. Then do a hard reset once again once it's confirmed all connectors are on good. Best of luck!

26. The following user says "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do have wires that are disconnected on the left bottom but cannot find anything to hook them to. I will send pics as maybe something might be missing from there. I tried a hard set with no luck at all-the lights are still flashing and the number one is still in the box at bottom right hand corner. Hey, thanks for your timeIMG_4416.jpgIMG_4415.jpgIMG_4413.jpgIMG_4412.jpg---------------JohnIMG_4411.jpgIMG_4412.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jct81006; 01-23-2016 at 09:38 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do have wires that are disconnected on the left bottom but cannot find anything to hook them to. I will send pics as maybe something might be missing from there. I tried a hard set with no luck at all-the lights are still flashing and the number one is still in the box at bottom right hand corner. Hey, thanks for your timeIMG_4416.jpgIMG_4415.jpgIMG_4413.jpgIMG_4412.jpg---------------JohnIMG_4411.jpgIMG_4412.jpg

Bummer, from what I can tell from looking at the same area of my 2003 Taiyo Elec Maturi frame yours is completely missing a small board for presumably the shooter. That's were all those connectors are supposed to be plugged into. Unless the original owner took it off and might have it; that board will be near impossible to find unless you can find a donor parts machine. I would put up a "wanted" post in the members trade section for the missing board in the off chance someone might have it but I wouldn't get your hopes up of finding one since that's not exactly a common frame and it's a bit older. Who knows...maybe the board will work off a newer one, there's a couple members on here with lots of parts machines that might be able to help.

Note the the board thats mounted on top of the shooter spring/hammer area; the connectors look identical on mine as yours with the missing "sockets" unfortunately.

photo.JPG

29. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newer Pachinko Machine Help (Arcus Taiyo Elec Frame) Shooter board needed

Apparently I have a shooter board missing to complete my machine. If anyone has any extra parts for this machine, or know where I can get the part, please, let me know! Thanks, JohnIMG_4411.jpgIMG_4410.jpgIMG_4413.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast