Thread: Reward pocket ball jam on Newgin "Treasure Boat of Lucky 7 God"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Reward pocket ball jam on Newgin "Treasure Boat of Lucky 7 God"

Hi everybody, I just picked up a small stash of hanemonos; Animal Land, Hit Parade, and Treasure Boat of Lucky 7 God (and Lumina cell ). Everything seemed well at first on playing the Treasure Boat, lights/music/payouts all work fine...however if you play it for 5-10 mins or get a fever eventually the "1" and "2" reward pockets (and pockets below the animated "V" fish in center feature) fill up will balls until overflowing. Spent/losing balls do exit from the back normally however. I did some experimenting and a ball that falls into a reward pocket/center feature does NOT exit out the back like every other machine I have...upon partially removing the cell from the front side of the frame I found the inside absolutely overflowing with hundreds of balls I can feel where they are supposed to fall down into (and find their way out of the back of the machine and it's apparently gotten a big ball jam packed full of balls. Probably because I could not figure out where the ball release valve/switch was on this particular machine when I transported the machine (on it's back) and it still had a bunch of balls rolling around in it...I don't know. This machine looks like a PITA to work on, does anyone know where to find a user manual? I'm assuming this black panel hidden behind circuit boards on the lower back right side of the machine might give access to the the ball jammed area. I'll get some pics of the back posted a bit later. Or should first just try turning the machine completely upside down and gently shaking a it a bit to try to dislodge? Would that risk damaging it?

Here's a pic of it and the recent haul:
    photo 1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Reward pocket ball jam on Newgin "Treasure Boat of Lucky 7 God"

I took a fresh look at the issue today and pulled most of the connectors off one of the boards on the back of the machine that hides the ball return; and what do you know....a freaking packing peanut blocking the path of balls! I noticed a couple packing peanuts behind the cell inside the machine when I pulled the cell out...let this be a lesson to others, styrofoam packing peanuts and pachinkos do not mix as they WILL find their way into crevices and cause ball jams. I removed the peanut with some tweezers and now all is well now with my delightful new Treasure boat hanemono! I must say, this one is quite a bit of fun, maybe MORE fun than my Ban Ban Jump hanemono, and this one has card reader buttons and is begging for a daverob dongle!

photo.jpg

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Awesome machines!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Gmwd

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a video fellow member Musky made of his machine a while back if anyone is interested... this one is a lot of fun now it's fully sorted, very easy and quicker to get a fever round going compared to a digipachi :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCwBI1Bzxzs

Here's a pic of it installed in a cabinet next to Julie

photo.jpg

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs