Thread: Cutie honey ball jam?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Cutie honey ball jam?

I noticed the Cutie honey I bought a while back is not paying out....the #7 led light is on indicating a ball jam, I found some a manual for "Fireworks" in the same frame, only problem is I can't figure out how to access the ball counter/payout area to see what's blocking the balls (yes I do have 500 balls in the hopper)....the manual says something about a black rubber key, I have no idea where that is or what key is being referred to. Does anyone with this frame know if there's a special trick to be able to get to the ball counter/payout area or do I have to remove all the screws holding the ball chute first? There's no screws, latches, or clips or anything around where the balls are jammed so I'm sorta stumped.

Here's the manual I'm going by: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/loca...=6&linkid=1553

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cutie honey ball jam?

From memory, Honey wasn't the easiest of ones to clean. But the orange ball dump is located right in the middle of the payout assembly. They share the same parts, Try a ball
    dump and refill when empty. Or I'm afraid you have to gentle remove the black out plastic and see inside the assembly.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    From memory, Honey wasn't the easiest of ones to clean. But the orange ball dump is located right in the middle of the payout assembly. They share the same parts, Try a ball
    dump and refill when empty. Or I'm afraid you have to gentle remove the black out plastic and see inside the assembly.
    I tried the ball dump but only half of them came out....so I turned the whole machine upside down and dumped all balls out. Then put them back in, and removed that blackout tape, the balls are now free to move, they are not jammed ( I think) but unfortunately still got the #7 LED, (count switch abnormality or ball jam) so I'm guessing I have a count switch abnormality, is there anything else to try? I would be a shame for Cutie honey to turn into a parts machine. Now the orange ball dump switch is not letting any balls fall through if I try to open it at all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red face Re: Cutie honey ball jam?

Here's a pic of what I'm dealing with....that green wire seems to be just a ground that the other end connects to a metal part of the frame, not sure what the other end originally connected to? As you can see quite a few bugs have managed to find their way to be entombed in the payout area somehow... There wasn't any dead bugs or dust bunnies that came out with the balls that though. Any suggestions before I try taking this thing apart?

photo[6].jpg

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My apologies, When I said its wasn't easy. I meant to say, it doesn't just unclip off the frame, but after a few screws its simple enough. As its gravity fed and no motor, just a rod that pushs a stopper out of the way to make payout. Athough I think there is a little wheel that makes the balls merge from two colums to one. It was so long ago I can't remember, and I don't have Honey anymore

Like most things, examine, then take a part slowly, not forcing anything. and gently ease it apart.

Don't forget to refit the blackout tape or it will affect the IR sensor that counts the balls out.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    My apologies, When I said its wasn't easy. I meant to say, it doesn't just unclip off the frame, but after a few screws its simple enough. As its gravity fed and no motor, just a rod that pushs a stopper out of the way to make payout. Athough I think there is a little wheel that makes the balls merge from two colums to one. It was so long ago I can't remember, and I don't have Honey anymore

Like most things, examine, then take a part slowly, not forcing anything. and gently ease it apart.

Don't forget to refit the blackout tape or it will affect the IR sensor that counts the balls out.

Thanks for the tip...I was overthinking things earlier troubleshooting. I took a second closer look, I feed like an idiot, there are indeed 3 clear almost invisible clips on the side you have to push down at the same time to that disconnects the payout area; no screwdriver needed. Sure enough, a small dead beetle had wedged itself and a ball right where the rotating counter wheel is on the opposite side you can't see without pulling it apart. A little shaking and blowing through it cleared out all sorts of dead insect parts Cutie honey is now error free, paying out as she should, and is virtually insect free now!

9. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, she did sit in the garage for a couple years

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Poor Honey
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    Well, she did sit in the garage for a couple years
    No problem at all, I just now finally got around to playing it for more than 1-2 minutes, and gave her a full detailing; very "stimulating" gameplay! I think it's my second favorite digipachi next to Julie; and I haven't even gotten a fever on it yet!

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to lotsoballs