Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help with value on pachicom Macy?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Help with value on pachicom (Macy?)

The shooter knob has a ground ring so it only shoots if your holding it. The sensitivity is there to adjust in case it gets false signals or doesn't work.

Not it sure if solenoid of motor cam. But cleaning will always help.
    Ian #UKPachinko

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's definitely a plunger solenoid, there's only a "can" on it midway up, like a pull in winding. IMG_20150903_074755.jpgIMG_20150903_074755.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    In your second to last photo there is a white adjustment set into the plastic with arrows around it. You may try turning that to see if it is the shooter sensitivity. I would only adjust a half turn and remember which direction you turned it so that you can put it back if it jacks something up. I'm far from an expert in modern machines, but it seems to be in the right area and obviously adjusts something. Shouldn't hurt to try as long as you can set it back to the original setting.
    That would be my guess as well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay. Removed solenoid and thoroughly cleaned it. It's now totally clean and still working the same. Cleaned all guides, leveled machine again, adjusted shooter angle for max distance at full knob, still fires the same. Guess it's time for a new solenoid.

Since I was working on it, I decided to get around the issue of not having a key for the ecm lock. Grabbed my locksmith set (read: big screwdriver) and carefully bent the metal until I could "unlock" the brace. Removed brace/lock as it is unneeded and only there for tamper proofing. Unlocked ecm, unlocked face, removed it. Put it all back together, as I had no reason to be in there anyway.

From there I removed the shooter board in the lower left to see if there was an adjustment anywhere on it. Nope. At least all the connections were unclipped and clipped again, potentially helping with any corrosion.

Looked at speaker connections to see if I could install a volume knob, as I live in a one bedroom apartment and it was freaking loud. Come to find a small switch on the board directly hooked to the speaker (Macy original board). Figured it was an on/off for the speaker. At least it wouldn't be so loud, I thought. A bit of tinkering and I found that it it's a volume switch, down for low, up for high. It's now down

Got out the 99% ipa and a test tube brush (I'm a chemist by trade) and went to town on the rust on the playfield from some idiot before me playing with those rusty balls. Then noticed a small bit of shiny covering. Looks like it's been cleaned enough before me that the field graphic clear cover is almost completely gone. Good thing that I had a soft nylon brush, paper towels, and a fan on pointed at the field. Continued to clean the pay rails and the front loading tray from rust as well. It's much cleaner now.

I then turned my oven to 250°F. Who's scared for what I did next after hearing that?! Removed all balls, pot in a bucket, sprayed PB Blaster on them and stirred by hand until the orange oil turned brown. I then dumped the oil and did it again. Maybe five minutes total. Then placed in hot water with Dawn dish soap and stirred. Dumped and did this again. Dumped and rinsed, then all balls into a cookie sheet and in the oven to dry, about ten minutes or until very hot to the touch. This will help keep the flash rust out of the pits and reharden the surface a bit when you remove them and put them into the freezer to cool. Super shiny, no rust, minimal pitting, and as bouncy as new!

Sometimes I wonder if I've done this stuff in another life as it seems to come as second nature. I kinda scare myself sometimes...

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Tigerboyreii

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pretty sure it's touch sensitivity, as it's labeled with the word "tacchi" or touch, then some other kanji stuff I can't translate yet. And the setting kanji are high and low, not strong and weak, which I would assume would be there if it were shooting strength. Oh well, I turned it up anyway and didn't seem to do much of anything.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Tigerboyreii

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One other really long shot. I had a machine that didn't fire correctly, weak and uneven and sounded rough as hell. it turned out the capacitor in the dongle was fired. Soldered a new one in and it worked a treat.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

In the dongle? Like the cr dongle? It does look like an old computer printer plug. Any capacitor in that is literally inside it, not that that would stop me, I have a screwdriver. If not that dongle, what one?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's the fellow. Inside should be a resistor, a diode and a capacitor. Without a dongle the shooter will not work at all. Should just unplug.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok now I'm lost. Opened the dongle and found two things suffered in. IMG_20150903_192604.jpg
    One is labeled g1·C, and it's the smaller one with for connections. They are +, -, and two marked with a sine wave. The other has the connections and is labeled 1·A, and under that is ta7818s.

No idea what these are...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One is a bridge rectifier, the other, no idea off hand. It's certainly not the basic one most have, it could be one of the mugen ones that dispenses balls at the push of a button.

Need to to look back at daverob's site to confirm your getting the right voltage at the right pins.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I can say that the LCD for credits doesn't light, and neither button does anything as far as I remember. Just checked, neither button does anything.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Okay, I'm now assuming it is either the solenoid or the rheostat in the handle that's must likely holding me back. Anyone here knew the voltages and resistance I should be seeing across these two items? Or where I could find a manual for the machine?

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm getting one soon. I hope it fixes the issue but am doubtful. The new machine I'm getting should have a different dongle as well., so I can try that. Otherwise, anyone have a parts machine?

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Best wishes with that I have at least 6 Vintage Pachinkos that need restoration but I have to get the old fire back to really work on them . I do , from time to time take one of my Modern Pachinkos out of storage give a good tune up and do a bunch of Fevers with them before I put a 50 gal trash bag over it with a tag with the machine name and dated of service /play . Thats what happens when all together 45+ Pachinkos Vintage and Modern .
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I noticed the transformer was only rated at 40VA. Is that enough to run the solenoid in my machine properly? Maybe that's my issue as well?

Just got another dongle, so I'll test that this weekend hopefully. It's already been put into storage until the frame is built...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

40va isn't even 2A, I'm surprised it can even power the lcd screen without melting or getting red hot, I would say safer with a 4 or 5A 100-120va. There is normally a power rating listed on the back of the machine somewhere
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was thinking that was a bit low. I'm curious how it could run everything in that machine. Firing a solenoid (albeit weakly), flashing lights, computers, LCD... seems like something would've stopped working. Well, I'm putting in a mass transformer for a wall soon, so I'll change it then and see if that doesn't help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi if you are still interested in a value of your machine I noticed this listing on ebay you can watch to get an idea http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-USED...-/111754981288 (unsure if this is valued correctly by the seller but hope it helps)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ian #UKPachinko

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast