Thread: Ball stuck in pocket. At a loss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Ball stuck in pocket. At a loss

Hello,
    This forum motivated me to buy my first pachinko machine. I know it is a newgin machine and I bought it from a local seller. When it was demonstrated to me the centre pocket paid out. Other pockets paid out as well. Ipurchased the machine and got fiddling with it. I dropped balls into pockets to see what the payouts were and machine reaction.

In hours, I triggered an alarm bell which did not shut off. Thanks to the forum I figured that it needed more balls in the back hopper. My machine only came with a few hundred. Anyways, I am at a loss now since the machine does not pay out in the centre pocket and reels do not spin
    . It seems there are balls sitting in the centres pocket or not triggering the reel. I see a ball in the side pocket as well.

I am am not sue what to do. I have been poking around and prodding for a few weeks on and off, but at a loss. I hope I did not rip myself off, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for for any advice. I have included pictures.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Ball stuck in pocket. At a loss

Welcome Aboard

Thats certainley an intersting playing field.
    Newgin CR 妖怪大戦争(MB52-?) July 2005 - Yokai War
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Yokai_War

The balls after they go through the pocket are ment to fall straight out of the back of the machine, as long as the ball paths haven't been messed about with.
    The fact that they are not, implys that you have something stuck in the back. Maybe an oversized (not original pachinko) ball stuck in it. Or something else. fluffy etc. The fact that the top tank was empty shouldn't cause a problem of a machine of this age as it should remember, what needs paying out, and do so when the tank is full again.

If you go to the back of the machine. You may have to unplug, unclip some of the circuit boards, They come off pretty easy, although it looks scary, See if you can see through the plastic to see if there are any balls visable.

It might be worth (with the power off) using a small magnetic pick up to get any balls that you can see from the front.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 05-31-2015 at 04:33 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the fast response Drunkenclam ! I should add that the machine was transferred locally with balls still in it. I did not like that, but at the time it seemed okay. I think something may be stuck as per your assessment. I noticed the red light that is solid on the machine. Sometimes the solid red light hopes to red and then a yellow light above it.

I am extremely nervous about messing around with the back of my machine. I have no idea what to do and I am not too technically inclined at all. I have posted pictures of the back. It is in a homemade stand if that matters. I do have a key. I appreciate any advice.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The balls down the right hand side, Thats normal, Nothing to worry about there. I love teh prepaid pachi credit cards nice touch.

I would (with the power off) unplug the wires from the board thats hanging off. Then see if you can see anything behind it, Oh its also a good idea to never transport the machine with any balls in it
    All the plugs are designed so you can't get the wiring mixed up. 4 along the top, the one in the middle of the board going down, and the one on the rh side.
    Of course if your feeling strong enough, you could try turning it upside down and see if you can empty it that way, But don't hurt yourself.
    Ian #UKPachinko

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought if I clear all the balls from the machine it might allow the ones stuck in the pockets to roll though. This did not work.

I can drain the balls from the machine with the two white pull tabs. On tab controls the main drain, and the other tab controls the balls for payout. I drain all the balls, and use the reset switch to get award balls to come out. I think my machine is drained of all balls now besides the ones in the pockets. I am so nervous about the back circuit area. Truthfully, some of plastic casing is cracked, and I am not sure how solid the connections of the circuit board are.

Is there a frame or cell manual on this forum? I read there are lumina frames and victory frames, but I have no idea what I own.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

on one pachinko problem I had, the repair tech from the selling company suggested

"I turn the machine upside down and gently tap the corners on the stand."

that didn't help my problem, but, maybe it will help you to get the balls to fall out
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

im not a modern macine kinda guy but i have played a few.. im guessing there the same as vintage machine.. there ment to stay upright and if layed on there sides or upside down ball go into places where there not suposed to..

your best bet (IMHO) would be to do as Clam recomended and start taking the back of.. take lots of pics and find out whats stuck..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Everyone!

i may get a co-worker to help me with the back removal. I have low vision and I am nervous to do it. I did get a pick up tool to take the balls out of the pocket. In the centre pocket I got a ball and a string of five balls came out. I was also able to remove the balls from the other pockets. I only continued with the centre pocket for experimentation since it is the easiest to access.

When I removed the string of balls from the centre pocket, I tested the pocket by dropping a single ball in. Thankfully the reels spun again, and the machine paid out. If I tried the pocket again, nothing happened. I used the tool to remove the two balls. From messing around if I out one ball in the reels spin, but to get them to spin again I need to remove the ball. Seems like the ball is not dropping out or going where it needs to go.

i did manage to trigger the fever mode though by random luck! It was awesome!!! I tried dropping a ball in the opening/closing gate, it paid but the ball did not go anywhere. So I feel much closer to getting this machine going, but the balls need to go somewhere.

Fever mode itself was so cool! Different animations and so forth. I can see why these are addicting.

Are re the balls supposed to drop in the back once they go in the gate, or do they sit in the machine?

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Sentinal

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

All played balls, those that go into pockets and those that don't, all drop out the back of the machine.

If someone with a similar frame could chime in and tell Sentinal how to remove the cell, sounds like you have something larger than a pachinko ball stuck in there or perhaps a foam peanut or similar item.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I have been able to remove the front of the cell. Two knobs at the front in the upper and lower corner allow the cell to swing out. Underneath the cell were a ton of pachinko balls. I cleared those balls away, and the machine ran fine. It worked for awhile, until the pocket becomes jammed. When i open the cell uip again, there are a ton of balls underneath. It seems they are not going where they are supposed to go. I have been doing this clearing method, but it is frustrating.

I think opening, and closing the cell may have caused some damage to the plastic. I had the lcd screen fall backwards out of position. Seems the plastic support cracked.... It worked after a million curse words. I wish this machine would work properly.

Any tips anyoner? Any idea how to find a repair person for modern pachinko machines?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by compirate View Post
    All played balls, those that go into pockets and those that don't, all drop out the back of the machine.

If someone with a similar frame could chime in and tell Sentinal how to remove the cell, sounds like you have something larger than a pachinko ball stuck in there or perhaps a foam peanut or similar item.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinal View Post
    So I have been able to remove the front of the cell. Two knobs at the front in the upper and lower corner allow the cell to swing out. Underneath the cell were a ton of pachinko balls. I cleared those balls away, and the machine ran fine. It worked for awhile, until the pocket becomes jammed. When i open the cell uip again, there are a ton of balls underneath. It seems they are not going where they are supposed to go. I have been doing this clearing method, but it is frustrating.

I think opening, and closing the cell may have caused some damage to the plastic. I had the lcd screen fall backwards out of position. Seems the plastic support cracked.... It worked after a million curse words. I wish this machine would work properly.

Any tips anyoner? Any idea how to find a repair person for modern pachinko machines?

I had the exact same problem with my recently purchased Newgin Treasure boat of lucky 7 god. It has a VERY similar frame to yours; all the winning balls were getting clogged up behind the cell and pockets. It turned out a packing peanut was to blame for jamming up the chute just as Compirate mentioned earlier. I had to disconnect most of the connectors to a board that was hiding the chute where you can visually check for obstructions. I did remove the cell on it to diagnose the clog but it was an unnecessary step to fix the issue since the chute can only be accessed from the rear of the machine. I wouldn't be surprised if a packing peanut is behind all your headaches as well! (Or maybe a good sized beetle; I've had a beetle related ball jam as well on Cutie Honey.)

Here's the thread that shows where the area that's likely to get clogged is located and the packing peanut in question :
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...cky-7-god.html

Don't be afraid to take all the connectors off the lower left side board, they only fit one way!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As they are saying. You need to see at first why the balls aren't exiting the cel, or getting stuck in the frame. If you know where the balls are getting stuck, that's the best place to start. On my old Monako, the frame would hold the pocket ball, until it has paid out the winning balls, then it would release the pocket ball. It was a basic way to keep track of wins if the machine even ran out of balls.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My penny worth not that I know alot about pachinko being new

Check the balls if there all same size and not a few big ones

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Pachinko Botan