Thread: Lighting Question

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Lighting Question

Thanks for the friendly welcome when responding to my first post a few days ago. When I get a chance I will get some photos, introduce myself, and tell you of the unique way I acquired my machine.

I have a 60s Nishijin. I just got the three lights working yesterday. Of course I have the one in the center that lights at pay off. I also have one in the upper left that lights when the upper tray is out of balls. The one in the lower right is lighted all the time. I don't that it's functioning properly. Can you tell me how it's supposed to work? What is supposed to activate it? Thanks again.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Slater

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Lighting Question

Maybe someone else here will know the answer right away, but I am guessing we'll need to see some photos of the machine to help answer the question. Most likely it should also light when a jackpot scores, but I suppose it could serve another purpose.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lights should only work as stated above,, light being on all the time is something someone may have added...

pictures would be best..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

+1 with Mopar. Sounds like an addition.

CarlW, did you have anything to do with this?
    pachinkoparts.com - Home Page
    Definition: Racecar-a device that turns money into noise.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have taken a few photos of my Pachinko machine. The front, the back, and then a close up of the wires that go down into the works of the machine that I can't follow without further dis-assembly. You can see from a clam shell lens in the upper left of the playing field and one in the lower right, as well as the wiring and bulbs on the backside that correlate to the lenses, that those two lights, as well as the jackpot light in the center appear to be original. Now that you have some pics of my machine I'm hoping you can tell me what the lower light should do. How does it come into play? What should activate it?
    IMG_4404.jpg IMG_4397.jpg IMG_4399.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Now I have a few photos of my machine. Hopefully, with them someone will be able to help me with my lighting question. You can see on the front of the machine in the upper right and lower left there are two plastic clam shell lenses. They each have a light bulb behind them. It does look like it was factory installed. See the photo of the back side. However, from the close up of the back side there are wires running down past the lower light bulb that go into the inner workings and are not traceable without dis-assembly.
    IMG_4404.jpgIMG_4397.jpgIMG_4399.jpg
    My question remains, what activates the lower light? How does it come into play? Presently it just stays on all the time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well i have never seen one lit it but hears a good guess

you have a single shot machine... with early single shots there is a waiting que.. if two balls hit a jackpot at the same time the second ball enters the que.. once the ball is there the player can flip[ the lever and put that ball back onto the payout and receive his reward..

i can see there are wires in addition to the lamp.. i would say there is a sensor in the holding que.. when a ball is waiting it trips the sensor and lights the lamp..

neat feature
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You nailed it Moparformances that is what it is for and it should only light if there is a ball in the holding que. I would think you have something in there shorting the switch.
    Unless you try to be more than you are, what you are is all you will ever be.
    http://www.pachinkorestorations.com/

13. The following user says "Thanks" to cardwwi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    i can see there are wires in addition to the lamp.. i would say there is a sensor in the holding que.. when a ball is waiting it trips the sensor and lights the lamp..
    Exactly.

I'm currently working on a 64 Heiwa SS (thread to come on that) and it has the same feature with a third switch behind the see-saw.

100 machines and counting...

15. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep! You guys are right one. I got back to it this evening and found a micro switch behind the see-saw that was closed all the time. I spread the contacts so that they only make contact when there is a ball in the holding queue. Now all three lights work just exactly as they were designed to. I purchased a lighting kit from Pachinko Planet. It came with three LED bulbs and a 9 V battery holder. As seldom as the lights are lighted and being LEDs I'm sure the 9 V battery should last quite a while. Glad to have it all working as designed. Thanks for your assistance. I'm really enjoying looking around this site. Lots of fun stuff here.

17. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Slater

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very cool feature! Many machines have the holding queue...or jackpot reserve chamber. I have seen a number of machines where there is no possible way into the chamber...and had 2 deeply engraved balls in there...with no way out.021.jpg002.jpg If the seesaw is down, the ball rolls over the top of the seesaw, falls into the cup, rolls around the seesaw, and is returned to the front tray. No lever on the front...nothing. My Heiwa has the chamber, and a lever to reset the balls in the chamber...but no possible way that I can find for the ball to enter!

19. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Heiwa KOGYO.K.K 002.jpg I couldn't attach a pic above. You can also see a low ball blocking plate...but now I am coming dangerously close to hijacking this post! There is linkages. an elevator to lift the winning ball to the front of the seesaw and everything! I have had it pretty far down...but not completely apart...no way in that I could find.
    None have a light! I would almost add one, but the reserve chamber is seldom needed. On my machines that have a functioning jackpot reserve chamber...I flip the seesaw down, drop 5 balls into a jackpot and allow them to fill the chamber. Reset seesaw to up position, Add starter balls to front tray and play. When you run out of balls, push, flip, or slide the lever...and get 15 more without reaching around the back!

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall