Thread: SDF Macross Pachislo

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default SDF Macross Pachislo

So thanks to Frank @ Akimono I have popped my Pachislo Cherry! lol

Already hit the Big Bonus, and 2 Valkyrie TIme bonuses.. Pulled off an Attack Bonus as well..
    I'd like to find out more information on this machine.. as the manual I have is unreadble to me.. specifically what certain screens mean or what the machine is trying to tell me.

Lastly there is a part floating around that I have no Idea what it is! I thought it was part of the coin slot assembly but no dice.. maybe someone can shed some light on it for me!
    Very pleased for a first purchase from Akimono now I just need to figure out what is what...

Thanks,

Rob

20150223_182040.jpg20150223_200753.jpg20150223_205922.jpg

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: SDF Macross Pachislo

Looks like part of an electronics board cover. These machines are all shipped over together in a container, I'm thinking it's from a Pachinko.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking machine. I have considered buying that machine, but haven't pulled the trigger on it. Maybe if I replace one of my current machines...
    I have not lost my mind. I have it backed up on disk somewhere...
    Dai Yamato, Gundam One Year War, Thunderbirds, Mach Go Go Go, Aliens
    Yamato Resurrection, Late '75 Nishjin Sumo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some observations after playing for a little bit.
    The game starts on the bridge of the SDF1 then cycles between several stations on the SDF1.. There are hints that are color coded in several animations.. One of the first is when Sammy brings coffee the 3 mugs change color.. (white,yellow,blue, green.. so far) each these represent what the machine is going to do.. Yellow.. Bells, White zendtradi logo, blue, Replay, Green Watermelon..
    This also occurs on several other bridge screens with different animation.. One where Kim is looking at the monitor it will show something of a different dominant color (w,y,b,g)..

Somehow not quite sure how yet.. it will roll into another screen where half the LCD will get blocked by a sliding door.. on the other side of the door in a different Destroid (Mech) they are color coded again (w,y,g,b) and the door will slide back revealing the mech.

Eventually the screen will close both doors and take you to in city interior of the SDF1 where it will show some random panning scenery, and then some animation with Minmay walking around in several parts of the city. In between other color indicators will trigger, Screens on billboards will show a dominant color... Or Minmay gets a letter with different colors which follow what was happening above..
    And then eventually not sure the trigger the screen will half close again this time showing Minmay.. on the right and some device robot dog, trash collector, video phone (again color dominant)... which will reveal and show what color your going to get...

What I don't understand is what the random chatter amongst characters is supposed to tell you... I know what they are saying but I don't know what its supposed to mean playing the game.. if anything at all. unless its a random color thing again..

Other modes encountered... Valkyrie Mode... not sure but its triggered twice for me.. pretty easy to play. Hikaru's valkyrie is randomly flying around with some chatter amongst his aquadron.. then Regults appear and need to be destroyed by pressing the skill stop buttons.. the machine will tell you what order 1,2,3 and it will light up on the left side of the reels accordingly. It then randomly changes modes to Gerwalk, or battroid.. where it will give you 3 targets Left and Right so far always hit for me.. middle goes either way.. doesn't make sense yet.

Attack Bonus.. very similar to valkyrie mode.. regults appear and need to be destroyed.. same game play mechanic as above.

Kyun, Kyun Mode (zoom, zoom) not sure.. haven't gotten it yet.

Ok thats my observations so far..

Rob

6. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A little more to Add mostly pictures and some more questions
    I took some photos of what I was referencing earlier with colors and animations..

20150224_181504.jpg20150224_182049.jpg20150224_183445.jpg20150224_181648.jpg

The other thing I'd like to know is how to change the difficulty.. I think its set to 1 now when I look at the LED board.
    There are some dip switches on the board as well that would be helpful if I knew what they did..
    Machine is made by Sankyo..

20150224_184507.jpg20150224_184522.jpg20150224_184603.jpg

Thanks!

Rob

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

To change the odds on your machine, turn the power off, turn the reset key in the switch to the on position, and turn the power back on. There is a numerical display in picture 5. That should show the odd setting. 1 for the hardest odds, 6 for the easiest odds. I believe the red button on the power box will change the number if not there may be a button near the number display. Press the button until it shows the odds level you want. Press the spin knob down for at least five seconds so the odds set. Turn the reset key to the off position. You should hear a click and either your insert token light or max bet light will come on. If the machine doesn't accept tokens, repeat the procedure. Those two switches near the number display are most likely the factory volume controls.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to ackleplem

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I figured out how to change the odds on this machine.. pretty much exactly what Ackleplem said to the letter... Hit my first Kyun, Kyun Mode.. nothing really came of it.. so I probably goofed it..
    As for the toggle switches I'm not sure they control volume.. on the top of the machine on the inside of the door there is another multi position toggle switch that appears to raise and lower the volume...

Still debating where it will sit permanently the Mrs.. will only let me keep it on the table for soooo long... lol

12. The following user says "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

打止 hitting stop
    can't read the other

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So after having this machine for abit, and now with an Eva Machine to compare it to... its pretty stingy on payouts...
    Still fun to play, but any bonuses are few and far between.. even at Setting 6.. I may move it back to 1 since it does not seem to make any difference.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Over time you will find that all pachislos pay out in cycles. There are periods where they will be stingy and then they will payout multiple big bonus rounds in a very short span of time. I tend to keep my machines around level 3.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So the part that was floating around has a home.. thanks to a member on pachislodb forums..

If you look at my 2nd set of pictures you will see picture of the power supply.. If you look at the top of the powersupply there is a red wiring harness and there are some grooves to the left and right.. the part is to protect that wiring harness and it secures the powersupply, and connects to the wall right next to it. or above it when the picture is oriented correctly..
    just an FYI appears to be common on Sankyo and Bisty (SP?) machines.. so if you have one pop it open and you'll see what I mean.

Rob

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie