Thread: Gundam hopper motor runs non-stop

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Gundam hopper motor runs non-stop

I have a Gundam that I picked up and the hopper runs continuously. I've tried cleaning it up, but same result. P/S switches are both set to off. Full reset is not working either as it seems to be stuck in this mode of the hopper running all the time. Any ideas what to try next?
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Gundam hopper motor runs non-stop

My guess would be that there is a "hopper dump" switch somewhere, that is on. Normally the switch is on the power supply, but could be on the side of the hopper or underneath the hopper.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'll check around, but I did not see one on the power supply and there are not any switches located on the hopper(not even a reverse switch), just the sensor on the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    My guess would be that there is a "hopper dump" switch somewhere, that is on. Normally the switch is on the power supply, but could be on the side of the hopper or underneath the hopper.
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I found a small switch on top of the power supply toward the back, but it does not appear to do anything. The motor still runs continuously. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by naha13 View Post
    I'll check around, but I did not see one on the power supply and there are not any switches located on the hopper(not even a reverse switch), just the sensor on the bottom.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can't really think of anything. From all the machines I've owned, for a hopper to run continuously it would be because of a "dump" switch.

If it was stuck in some type of a payout mode, it wouldn't run continuously, because the sensor wouldn't let it. Weather the sensor was good or bad.

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

maybe the "dump" button on the power supply or "credit" button on the outside of the door are stuck??
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to luckydog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, I'll try to disconnect the credit button. I tried connecting just the power pack to the hopper without all the other wires connected, and it stopped. Something has to be keeping it running.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
    maybe the "dump" button on the power supply or "credit" button on the outside of the door are stuck??

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've never heard of one doing this before, but perhaps it's trying to catch up on a payout?

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

12. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you taken a look inside the power unit? Make sure everything looks okay, no broken wires or something loose.

I've never owned a machine by Luster/Tenko-Koshin, so I really don't have anything to help trouble shoot. Is there a soft reset button on the power supply?

On some Olympia machines, the soft reset button on the power supply is also a dump switch. If you hold in on it, it will dump the hopper. Maybe this could be the problem.

Just throwing out some ideas.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Wayne! That gives me something else to look at when I get back into this one. I really hope I get this one figured out, it's a cool looking machine. Will add pics later too.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are some older machines that require the door key to be turned to the left for a soft reset after the machine goes into bonus mode. You might try this as well.
    I've never met a Pachi I didn't like

17. The following user says "Thanks" to jmaclerran

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It has the soft reset switch, but it's not doing anything for this one. Even tried holding it there for a bit, no dice.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmaclerran View Post
    There are some older machines that require the door key to be turned to the left for a soft reset after the machine goes into bonus mode. You might try this as well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the pics of the power supply and the rest of the machine. I really hope I can get this going, it's pretty cool looking!

20141109_154513.jpg20141109_154501.jpg20141109_154444.jpg20141109_154433.jpg20141109_153645.jpg20141109_153610.jpg

20. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

メダル排除 medal exclusion?

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

22. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Compirate thanks for the translation.

So, that's a dump switch and if it's not doing anything, then the switch must be bad and need replaced.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! I'll take a closer look at the switch and see if that is causing the issue. The only connector that causes it to stop is when you pull the long one next to that switch, so maybe it loops though to the board above the reels. I did try to disco the credit button and a few others, but again no dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    Compirate thanks for the translation.

So, that's a dump switch and if it's not doing anything, then the switch must be bad and need replaced.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took the power supply board out and meter checked all the switches/buttons/key switch and they all work normally. I have the feeling the issue is on another board or connector. Any other ideas?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

***BUMP*** Anyone have any ideas on this one, or who might still do repairs? It's such a cool looking machine to just be sitting around not working. Is stealth amusement still in operation? I thought I had seen some threads about them some time ago. Any help is always appreciated!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Anyone know what these indicator lights mean on the beard above the reels?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Getting closer, but possibly further away. I checked through some of the LED's on the board above the reels, and the Center Reel stop button does not dim the LED, but #1 and #3 dim the respective LED. If I switch it around to the third reel stop position, the switch works fine. The wires to from the center button to the board check out for continuity. Also, the coin dump button and single bet button do not light up or dim any LED. I checked the transistors on the reel stop button board, and they all check the same. All the connections look like they are OK(pulled and re-seated them). I know someone local that has this same machine, so I night need to go see his again to make some comparisons.

Any other suggestions from the group?