Thread: Kyoraku wiring help on a vintage pachinko!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Kyoraku wiring help on a vintage pachinko!!!

Ok just picked up this vintage machine yesterday and haven`t seen one like it before. The machine has a electrically operated fever type pocket that opens not sure when. When I picked up the machine the guy said he lost the power hook up for it but it has a micro-transformer in the back and also a box that I guess has a solenoid in it to open the jackpot pocket below the peace sign fingers. I have the machine mechanically working now and just need some help on where the power is to hook up on the machine and voltage needed. Don`t think the typical 9 volts will do it. I will attach a few pics to try to help someone shed some light on this.

Thanks everyone for there help!!!pinger_1554392846.jpgpinger_1554396966.jpgpinger_1554400158.jpgpinger_1554401214.jpgpinger_1554402614.jpgpinger_1554406530 (1).jpgpinger_1554407742.jpgpinger_1554409602.jpgpinger_1554413582.jpg
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to awassig

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Kyoraku wiring help on a vintage pachinko!!!

I can't read it in the pic well enough... can you transcribe the voltage specs on the "Attack" box (looks like 24v, 0.1A, but not sure) and anything on the transformer?

Also - is there any guess what voltage the lights are? 9v? 12v? 24v too much?

If there's no rating on the transformer, unhook it from everything else and put a known voltage on one side (smallish) and measure the other (attacker side)... see if its stepping up or down and by what ratio.
    Last edited by Chumsize; 06-11-2013 at 12:53 AM.
    Woof!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok no idea what voltage the bulbs are as they are corroded in there sockets. New sockets and bulbs will need to be installed. Ok the mini transformer has a input of 100volts and the output going to the attack box is 24volts. You were correct in reading the attack box saying 24 volts .1amp.

Whats crazy is there is no place to hook into the transformer with the 100v as this side as seen in the pics shows it going into connectors linked to switches and bulbs.
    Biohazard
    Enter the Matrix, Star Wars, Eva 6, Gladiator Evolution, Spiderman 3, Superman Returns, Planet of the Apes, The Mask, Indiana Jones.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the transformer will take a standard wall plug and 110 volts..

the lights may need a second power source of 10 to 12 volts..

or

the transformer has a center tap that will provide the lights with power..

Or or

i doubt it, but the lights could be 24 volts as well.. (but i have never seen that in a vintage pachinko)

better pictures or a video of the back and im sure we can get it working for ya
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here we go a video to try to help getting this machine working.
    Hopefully someone can shed some light with this information.

Kyoraku help needed. - YouTube
    Biohazard

9. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to awassig

Thanks
    Thanks Received

to me everything looks good...

im a bit confused by the fact that red and blue leave the lights and go behind the plastic.. but come out red and yellow at the low ball micro switch???

it seems clear to me that your have a power inside of the transformer.. at the wires accros the top are the ones that are power in to the transformer as well...

thigns are twisted together at the top where the lights are.. i would untwist that and apply power to the transfomer.. then start adding the other wires back as needed..

the thing that worries me is puting 110 to the lights will probaly kill them.. and im unsure of how 110 to the micro switch will work.. that does not seem right..

----------------------------------------------------

the solonoid on the front of the machine is the ball cut off.. if i rember right... when the hopper is empty the switch will close and provide power to that front solonoid.. it will fire and shut off the ball flow..

im trying to rember.. it could be backwards.. and power is required to when the hopper is empty the solonoid will shut off and stop flow.. it seems like i rember seeing a machine like your with the front solonoid removed caus without power the machine would not work at all...

sorry to be so vauge.. having the machine in hand sure makes thing allot easire for me..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mopar, do you think the wires that will go to the outlet should be 110volts or do you think they could be anything less...24v, 12v, 9v etc...I have always seen 110 volts going straight to a transformer then stepped down to a lower voltage before going to any switch or bulb. But to see one leg of 110 go to one side and the other leg go to another side going between two circuits and switches and then reach the transformer .
    Biohazard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First off, don't put 110v to anything after the transformer or you'll smoke some or all of the electronics. The attack box is likely some IC board that tells the door solenoid when to open. All the solenoids are 24v. I have a Kyoraku with an electric shooter and couldn't get the solenoids to operate. I tested them with a 24v power supply and found that they worked. After cleaning all switch contacts, the solenoids started working. The door solenoid only opens for a short period of time several times during a "fever" round.
    The bulbs in mine were actually glued in. I tested them with a 9v battery to confirm working or not. I had to replaced bulb holders and bulbs on the non functioning ones.
    I will dig my machine out and try to get you some better info. Seems to me, mine actually has two transformers, but I think one went to the shooter (or maybe lights) and the other was for everything else.
    スカイダンス

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Skydanz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very interesting machine you found there.

I have seen a few with similar boxes on the back. Actually one popped up here not long ago.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/pach...-vanguard.html

It seems like someone did some monkeying around to make it work. Like they combined the lights & the solenoid circuits. Right at the top. The thick yellow and blue wires I would imagine would be power in for the ball shut off which is either 12V or 24V what it is is basically an electromagnet. I haven't played with either of my kyorakus yet but they only used the electromagnet shut off.

I'm getting kinda confused on how the wiring is laid out. Do me a favor, post a whole pic of the back and it looks like the machine has a quick remove back so undo that and take a pic showing all the wires behind it.

100 machines and counting...

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the transformer will need 110 input and will provide the 24 volt output to run the attack box...

the lights "should" need 10 volts to power them... (they could have been changed) test them with a 9 volt out if the machine..

the one thing no one has said... it looks like someone has tryed to change things.. and when that happens you run the risk of Magic blue smoke..

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will get another pic of the whole back of the machine when I get off work today and post it. Very strange how the 110 volts seems to come into the transformer indeed.
    Biohazard

20. The following user says "Thanks" to awassig

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    the one thing no one has said... it looks like someone has tryed to change things
    Ahem ... ▼

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    It seems like someone did some monkeying around to make it work. Like they combined the lights & the solenoid circuits.

100 machines and counting...

22. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok here is another video with a little more detail. The more I mess with this thing without having a schematic or another machine to work off of makes me want to just rip out the transformer and solenoid and wire up the lights to a 9 volt battery and play it as is. This thing is frustrating to say the least. The transformer will output 30volts ac when the 110volts is supplied but if the switch on the ball exit that falls into a lost ball tray does not activate the switch the transformer will start to overheat. I activated this switch and still the solenoid did not fire in the attack box. Took the attack box apart and the board looks great with not bad caps or resistors. It even has an adjustible pot on it I am assuming that can adjust the timing for how long the fever pocket stays open. Just wondering what I am missing here. Shouldn`t be that difficult to figure out. I am used to working on 1990`s and up pinball machines with no problems at all but then again there are schematics for them also. Here is the video link.

Kyoraku help part 2 - YouTube
    Last edited by awassig; 06-13-2013 at 01:22 AM.
    Biohazard

Thanks
    Thanks Received

See if this helps.

Don
    スカイダンス

25. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Skydanz

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you Don for the video. It did help isolate some of the wires. Still it seems there are some other wires missing going off of your machine. I cant see were another transformer should have been but it makes total sense it should have a lower voltage one for the lights. In reality the only thing that this machine I have does if working correctly is opens a fever door to make getting jackpots a little easier. Also there is a ball cut off when you run out of balls. But this thing works fine as a vintage machine. When you run out of balls in the hopper any balls shot return to the lower tray. Payouts work as they should. I guess I am going to wire it like a vintage and supply 9 volts to some leds to light the out of balls hopper and jackpot lights. As far as getting this one working correctly unfortunately I feel it is done. When I supply 110 to the transformer it outputs 30 volts and the attack box does not respond to any switch signals. Also the diodes in the attack box get very hot to the point they start to smell. Also when supplying voltage to the ball cut off it does not work. I am afraid someone rigged it wrong to begin with and probably damaged some components and finding some of those parts would probably be next to impossible to find. On a positive note running 2 leds with a 9 volt battery wont burn down my house if something goes wrong.
    Biohazard