Thread: My new acquisition

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My new acquisition

Well I just received this beauty at my door today in a big brown box. I have been expecting it for quite a while and today it finally showed up. I'll let the person I received it from say who they are if they want.

Anyways it is a really nice 1963 Towakogyo single shot. Towakogyo is a very small company; and they were basically working in partnership with Heiwa (I think). Because Hewia produced a machine that was very identical, the only difference was the name badge on the playfield.

Anyways I have been eyeing this machine since the member who bought it took it home. I fell in love with a machine similar, before I found PT, that I swear was made by the same company the only difference was the background was printed on blue instead of white. Which really made it pop and stand out. Sadly because I didn't know what that machine was worth at the time I let it go and I have been kicking myself since because it was an odd one and I should have paid up for it. (I remember it was on ebay and I jumped out around $115 for it. It sold for not much more. I just wish I could find just one pic of the front of that one.) So I sent an email to the member of the machine I just received when he brought it home, saying that if he ever wanted to get rid of it I'll take it. And that is how I ended up with it.

Also I do have to say the seller does 029.jpg when it comes to shipping a machine.

I plan to restore this machine and keep it in my permanent collection.

My plans are to get everything cleaned & polished, refinish the front, rechrome the frame, and replace the background. The background I will scan in and print it on blue just like that other machine. However this machine is going to be put on the back burner for now because I'm halfway done with a Nishijin Front Overflow; and tomorrow I have someone dropping off a machine to be repaired. So it is one of those projects I will finish eventually. But when I do get around to it I'll post that stuff here.

Anyways, PICTURES! (sorry they are kinda I was taking them quick as I had other things to finish asap. I will take better ones soon.)

010.jpg011.jpg019.jpg027.jpg028.jpg024.jpg

Forgot to mention I do have the rear tray, it was shipped in a separate box and I didn't take a pic of it.

100 machines and counting...

2. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My new acquisition

Just did a little digging and I think I found some info on Towakogyo. Currently I think they are called Toa Kogyo. Here is their website. 東亜興行*式会社

On their history page in the 50's & 60's it says new Hall built in ...

Currently it looks like they own a few parlors but they are building fitness centers and cinemas mainly.

So I think they were buying machines from Heiwa with a custom badge so they could put in their specific parlor.

Of course I'm not sure on most of this it is all kinda a wild guess.

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thanks for the pass Max!
    I knew you were the right person for that machine! and the idea of adding a color background sounds fantastic,neat background story as well
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

6. The following user says "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think this is the Heiwa you are talking about. Picked it up for $20 two years ago but haven't had time to clean it up.

IMAG0306.jpgIMAG0304.jpgIMAG0303.jpgIMAG0302.jpgIMAG0301.jpgIMAG0300.jpg

Ok, maybe not the exact machine...
    Last edited by wibbix; 03-13-2013 at 09:51 PM.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to wibbix

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wibbix View Post
    I think this is the Heiwa you are talking about. Picked it up for $20 two years ago but haven't had time to clean it up.

IMAG0306.jpgIMAG0304.jpgIMAG0303.jpgIMAG0302.jpgIMAG0301.jpgIMAG0300.jpg

Wow... That machine makes me drool to fix it up. It's beautiful. I guess I found my love. Single ball machines from the late 50's. That one doesn't need much. Would love to see what you can do to fix it up. Get to it!

10. The following user says "Thanks" to oauggieo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by wibbix View Post

No this is the Heiwa version of my machine.

3E23Me3J55I55K15M8d24110c248a3c461beb.jpg3E43F43M35E95F35Jed24d4bbf4aad1ec1c1f.jpg3E73Id3Jf5Gd5Kf5J2d2467270cf59036144e.jpg3G53F33Hd5Ge5Fa5Hdd245ad70b1fd5fd17f9.jpg3Kc3F83N15G85E95Jad24d7955a99ab42163a.jpg3n53K13ob5G55K25J5d2482c796c1ca531307.jpg

That machine is also currently on craigslist.
    Vintage 1964 Pachinko Japanese Pinball Slot Game Machine - $40 (Wells)

12. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post

My plans are to get everything cleaned & polished, refinish the front, rechrome the frame, and replace the background. The background I will scan in and print it on blue just like that other machine. 027.jpg
    Very nice machine! I loved it as soon as Alphaminor snagged it. Surprised he let it get away! I hope you plan on keeping the squares when you change it to blue! It would be a shame to lose such a cool background on a machine from an era when most cells were drab and plain!

14. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Very nice machine! I loved it as soon as Alphaminor snagged it. Surprised he let it get away! I hope you plan on keeping the squares when you change it to blue! It would be a shame to lose such a cool background on a machine from an era when most cells were drab and plain!
    Yes I will be keeping the boxes on the background. That is why I love this machine so much.

posted using Tapatalk

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    No worries here, I knew the squares were staying, and I really love that machine, but when it was purchased, it needed a complete deep cleaning in order to work perfectly and I had all sorts of ideas about how I would restore it to its former glory, but the reality is that I don't have nearly the amount time to devote to it that It deserved
    and Max had inquired about it way back at the beginning,so it was was a no brainer,and I couldn't be happier about its new home
    Last edited by alphaminor; 03-14-2013 at 08:00 PM.
    DMinor アルファマイナー Coo coo for kenrimonos!

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to alphaminor

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Alright as promised here are some better pictures and with the back tray attached.

0004g.jpg0006g.jpg0008g.jpg0016g.jpg

20. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman