Thread: I knew I never should have taken it apart!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default I knew I never should have taken it apart!

I'm a vintage pachinko guy! But...the Gaku pachicounter seems like the perfect match for a modern. So I tried to add one to my only modern.001.jpg002.jpg I was having trouble finding a good place to put the "win sensor". I took many connectors loose...and modules loose, to get deep enough to find a good place for the sensor. Never found a good spot for an accurate count. Partly because I couldn't find a good spot on this frame for the sensor to "see" all the winning balls in a single column...and partly because it has 2 payout levels, 4 & 15. There probably is a way, I just got frustrated, gave up, and put it back together. This is also not a gripe against Gaku's pachicounter, it does have it's limits...but, I think it it a wonderful device!
    Now my problem. I put the modular components back where they belonged, and plugged back most of the connectors. Some wires seemed to have no home. I knew better...took it apart again, and carefully put it together again. All wires found a home...and no connectors seem the same. I don't believe any two that I disconnected can be switched. I tested it, and no shots. I opened the glass with the key, and my new Omron lock (THANKS CANDYFLIP!), then opened the front ball tray door. I've never had that door open before, learned a new trick. There was a cracked connector plug from the shooter. Wasn't why it wouldn't shoot...I had removed the dongle as well! ANYHOW...I tested it, and when you hit the "start pocket" NO bells or whistles. No music or lights. No slot machine drums spinning. As a matter of fact, NO lights to the reels or center feature of any kind. It does pay out 4 balls for secondary targets. I don't remember if it pays for the start pocket or not. What I do know is, I have an error code #2 on a display of one of the modules on the back. I believe this is the board that gives a particular cell its music and personality, because it looks like its name MAY be on it followed by CR.DSCF7663.JPG There is also a larger sticker with the same name, but a pic didn't seem important, nor did I take a pic of the whole module, or the display with the #2 before I removed it. I removed this module for pics, because I knew it would be difficult to get good pics with it still on the machine. What I hope to learn, is what is the translation of error code #2? The pics were a challenge. With a clear sticker with white letters, on a clear plastic box, with circuit boards inside...I knew flash was not an option. Back lighting with an LED flashlight, and camera on SUPER MACRO, I was able to get these pics. I deleted MANY failures.DSCF7664.JPGDSCF7655.JPGDSCF7657.JPG Of course the last two don't apply right now...but I haven't put the module back in, so I guess ANY error code is possible. HELP! Can anyone translate what #2 is? Hopefully, when I put it back on, it will work properly...or maybe I'll be back with another code to be translated.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I knew I never should have taken it apart!

Means "lack of game balls for ball award". Meaning you either didn't put balls in it, or the safety ball catch is down? Or ball sensor disconnected - or connected wrong?
    Woof!

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not 100% sure what the Error #2 on Newgin models means,

The codes can vary slightly from manufacturer to manufacturer

sometimes Error 2 can refer to the lower tray being full i think?

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

6. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Haven't put machine back together yet...managing new puppy mess consuming my after work time! NEVER AGAIN! Off to the vet as soon as possible to have ANY possibility of puppies stopped! I simply don't know how breeders do it! As far as pachinko machines go... The top tray was full, 4 balls per secondary pocket, NO center feature action at all. No start pocket action, or power at all. Plus lower ball tray was empty. I need to put it back together to see what happens next. OH...by the way, FREE PUPPIES! (local pickup only! I don't think they would survive shipping!)

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Make sure they don't eat the shiny balls.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I translated #2 from the pictures. (Dug up kanji, shot them into google xlator). Should have said that. Means (literal ttranslation). "lack of game balls for game award". Google's output - no paraphrase. No need to divine Newgin vs Nishijin vs Neuejewnin...
    Woof!

11. The following user says "Thanks" to Chumsize

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well, I put it back together and checked the ball path to the payout motor. One path was empty...tapped ball path and balls filled it up, error code #2 went away! Thanks Chumsize! Still no power to slot machine drums. Balls shoot, all 4 minor pockets pay 4 balls, start pocket pays 4 balls...no opening of start tulip (same pocket), no music, no lights, no slot machine action. Taken most major modules off and unplugged, replaced modules, and reseated plugs. Same outcome. There are at least 2 fuses that I can see that I will check with a continuity tester tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This machine has been in storage since the last post. Moving to another house, decided to clean it up...damn mice! Took pics while disassembling it to make reassembly easier. When I plugged it back in, the drums rolled briefly. This was a good sign...so I filled it with balls and tested it. To my wonderful surprise...the drums worked. Previously (4 years ago!), I had taken it apart and reseated all connectors at ldast 4 times. Drums would not work. Since I took pics and reassembled just as before...it couldn't have been crossed wires. I don't think any two connectors are interchangeable anyhow. All I know is it finally works! This is very cool, as I felt pretty silly cleaning a broken machine.
    I tested late into the night. Translation...untill I ran out of beer. During testing, I finally hit a fever, and got to practice my ball shuffling skills. Within a short period of time, I hit at least 5 fevers. Back when I first got it, I had only hit one fever...and I played it a lot!
    No new pics worth posting...all are close ups of wire connections. Just wanted to update this thread by saying...after 4years of not working, collecting mouse droppings...IT HAS FINALLY BEEN FIXED!

14. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall