Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: noob in need of help with 1st machine star wars Advent Vader pachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy noob in need of help with 1st machine star wars (Advent Vader) pachinko

Hi all
    i just got my 1st pachinko machine the other day from japan and after getting a 24v transformer and wiring it up i can get it to boot up so far but then it just sits there saying something and flashing can any1 one give me some help on what to do next ?and sometimes its does not flash is head and just gets to the cgrom page and beeps as well, heres a utune link of the machine and whats it doing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL-e5tXIIbE&feature=youtu.be
    thxs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default re: noob in need of help with 1st machine star wars (Advent Vader) pachinko

Sorry i thought it was the original 'Star Wars' pachinko which is generally accepted to have a bit of a start up 'glitch'

but after viewing the Video, i can see it's actually the later 'Advent Vader' aka 'Darth Vader' and one I don't have experience of

Hopefully other members with this one can offer some advice to you, in the meantime I'll edit the thread title for you

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: noob in need of help with 1st machine star wars (Advent Vader) pachinko

thxs hanabi the guy i got it from had it listed just as star wars sorry

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: noob in need of help with 1st machine star wars (Advent Vader) pachinko

Quote Originally Posted by icewolf007 View Post
    thxs hanabi the guy i got it from had it listed just as star wars sorry
    no problem, I'm not even 100% sure what the real name is for the Darth Vader mask model, its just that the original Star Wars with the animatronic R2D2 is known to have start up issues in general, and hopefully by editing the title we might get members with this one to pop in and give you some advice

I'm no expert but it looks like it's booting up ok and doing all the Rom Check stuff and the voice is just giving an instruction before you can proceed?

Hopefully it's just something silly like not enough balls in the rear hopper or something?? There's usually a sensor that tells a modern pachinko that there is enough balls in there, but maybe you don't have enough in there?? You should have a couple of hundred really to test it

Angie ...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've done a bit of investigating and it looks like someone else had this before with the Advent Vader / darth Vader pachinko

and it looks like a push button reset was required

here's the link to that thread

Problem with Star Wars Darth Vader pachinko

Hope this helps

Angie ...

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and you might also find this thread useful too

Some technical en gameplay questions - CR Star Wars Advent Vader

Do let us know how you get on

Angie ...

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thxs again will have a good read and post back when i can again thank u

10. The following user says "Thanks" to icewolf007

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well i got rid of the white flashing screen at last but now the machine is just sitting there beeping from what i have been able to read it may need balls in the top? i only have 200 all up so i put about 150 in the top and 50 in the front top shelf and restarted the machine but it just got back up to the part were its beeping again at least i have gotten 1 step so if any can tell me what i should try next that would be great

12. The following user says "Thanks" to icewolf007

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok that's one bit solved then

Do you have any error codes displaying??

from other threads, I thought that Beeping sound was to do with needing pachinko balls in the rear hopper??

if you have filled the rear hopper and still getting the beeping, is it possible you have a ball jam anywhere??

or maybe you don't have enough pachinko balls, you could maybe try putting them all in the back and see if the beeping stops, and then you'll probably need to order some more balls to play this one properly??

I'm sorry I'm not very technical, so hopefully someone else will come along with some trouble shooting steps for this model

Hopefully it won't be long and it'll be up and running properly for you

Last edited by hanabi; 06-27-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    Angie ...

14. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

do another reset after putting the 150 balls in top rear tray.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

well i opened the back up last night after leting all the balls come out the front by way of the while rod thing(sorry noob at this ) and its looks like the part of were the balls drop though is all cracked and balls where stuck all over the place will look more into it when i get time and repost thxs all for the help so far

Thanks
    Thanks Received

star wars cracked1a.jpgstar wars cracked2a.jpghere are the pics of the inside of the machine which i am guesing is why i can't get pass boot up with it just sitting there dinging at me as it drops heaps of balls str down and jams them up could some1 post some pics of there machine thats not cracked so i can see if i can fix it somehow?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you have a link to the original advert from Japan for the machine? is there a chance this has been modified to be a cyclic machine and only meant to run on about 50 balls.
    That doesn't look cracked but sections removed on purpose
    With the power off, If you open the front glass door and drop a ball into any of the holes (including the lost ball hole at the bottom, Where does the ball come out. I suspect its the front and it been converted to cyclic.

Also out of interest, Check the door open sensors to see if they have an alarm on them, Both my sea story and Maison Ikkoku have door contact alarms to prevent tampering
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

heres the link off ebay but i don't think its going to help much eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d
    and this is my 1st pachinko machine i don't know anything about them as for the balls when i put one in any of the holes they drop in the front top tray so is it bad to be cyclic? and with the way the pastic is cracked or removed there about 20+balls stuck where the balls drop into the top tray mm when i say stuck there stuck but any more balls can hit them and come out ok it seems and after opening the back up and put it back together the machine just gets pass the check screen and then flashers its head off and i have tried turning it off and holding the little black button near the main power switch and back on and letting the botton go after about 5 secs and it still flashers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sengoku sometimes comes on this forum too, Although I have never brought anything from him (I guess its a him)

There is nothing wrong with a cyclic machine, just the payout system is disabled, All played balls return to the front, So there is no need to keep refilling the tank as the front will never run out of balls.
    I have a Heiwa frame coming from Japan that has been modified to cyclic.

Have you asked sengoku for any help and showed him the pictures, Saying that it doesn't seem to work and has errors.
    The cracked plastic shouldn't have any effect on the boot up of the machine as its been done to direct balls to the front tray and not out of the back.

Just double check the door sensors and following the wiring back to the cicruit boards and make sure they are connected ok.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also can you take a clear still picture of the message on the screen and post it. I tried to pause the video but its to blurry to read look up the kanji.

Also any error codes on the back with the text next to it.

Did you try all 3 reset buttons?

Located in the thread Hanabi posted
    Some technical en gameplay questions - CR Star Wars Advent Vader
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 07-01-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i sent sengoku 4 emails asking for help i gave him the utube link i posted here and then after waiting 4 days with no reply i left - feedback and guess what he emailed me the next day.. so i am trying to work it out myself at this point and he reply with reset the machine which did nothing i could see.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

starwars error.jpgheres the error msn and the machines starts off with the number 1 in the button led box then nothing when it starts flashing

Thanks
    Thanks Received

o and yes tried the soft and hard reset buttons a few times still flashing thxs for all the help btw d/c

Thanks
    Thanks Received

主制御基板上の
    遊技開始スイッチを
    押して下さい

Please press the start button on the main control board.
    I guess it means the reset button

Try press the buttons whilst leaving the power on and the message on the screen. , But not the one next to the power switch.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast