Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Satomi Arrangeball is home!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Satomi Arrangeball is home!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    Great idea, I'd implement it if I still had that machine and hadn't switched to LEDs.
    Was there a post on how to switch to LED's on an arrangeball? If not, howdja do that?
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    Yukamin Zaki

2. The following user says "Thanks" to pachinkojeff

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice Machine!! I hope one come my way soon!! I want one

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Forex

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Card Shark View Post
    On a side note. I absolutely love the machine!!! I cannot wait to find more arrange balls. I would love to find a more modern one with more features.
    I could hot have said it any better myself

Welcome to the Club.. It is a sickness
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I really like the tubing idea. Although, I really want to do he LED conversion at some point. Is there a thread about doing the conversion?
    the guy that does most of my electronic work for me is the one who developed the LED lights for these machines. i asked him about it a long time ago because i didn't like how hot the original bulbs got but i wanted to preserve the original color of the projected light. the standard "cool white" color looks pretty good and i'd take that over the factory bulbs. anyway, i gave him the electrical specs for each machine and he made custom LEDs for each one. they are a warm white color to mimic the originals, emit no heat, and will last several lifetimes. once they're installed you can forget about ever having to replace a bulb in your arrangeball. those are the pros. the cons for these custom made ones was the cost. it was around 7 bucks per LED so it was expensive to outfit a machine, particularly ones with score bars like this satomi as opposed to ones with digital score displays like my taiyos. the components are cheap, it's the amount of labor that goes into making each one that drives the cost up. so i bought some LEDs with the bayonet style base that are made for converting pinball machines. lots of options with colors, throw angle of the light, etc. and cost a buck or so. i removed the bayonet base carefully to expose the wires to attach to the circuit board prongs. but in the end i bought the premade ones from my electronics guy to outfit most of my machines so i haven't spent much time with the pinball ones. i'll contact him and see if i can get a written tutorial and parts list from him and in fact, that's something we discussed before.
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-06-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I certainly want to do the same to mine. However, first I need to straighten out the payout issue I am having. I am going to start looking for someone local who can test and repair circuit boards. I am curious what this is going to cost, considering I only paid $50 for the machine and about $50 in gas, I don't have a problem spending some more to make it right. I am curious if the payout problem is why all of the bulbs were removed from the payout lights. I guess I will never know the answer to that one. My wife played a few games on it last night. She had one game where she did not light up a complete row, column or the center four and it did not payout. However on the next game it paid out five like it has been doing all along. Also, the payout button still pays out one at a time when you press it (up to five tokens), holding the button in causes it to pay five consecutively.
    "Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well."
    Pachiholic and Proud!!! サメ

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just went to Bulb Town's website. I found the #2182 bulbs but cannot find any # 2187.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good luck on finding someone. The best I have found is to go to an old tv repair place. He did a good job on testing the circuits and replacing the small links. Try to get an estimate. Mine fell in love with the machine and wanted one. I brought in one three different times and he raised the price every time. Went to another and at least did not rip me off. Does the machine pay the one token when you put a ball in the center part.
    I just went to Bulb Town's website. I found the #2182 bulbs but cannot find any # 2187.
    you should be fine with those. They have a toll free number. I bought quite a few as you do get a discount. Just because they are not on the site does not mean that they do not have them in stock.
    Last edited by Lt Teddy; 03-06-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the 2187s are 14V and the 2182s are 28V and both have different amperage requirements so I'd buy both and see. you can't assume any bulb that fits will work, it should match closely the specs required by the machine. if not it will be too dim or worst case get way too hot.
    I agree, get your machine sorted out first then do the LEDs if you want.

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Best thing to do is to drop a ball in a pocket and pull off that matrix lamp. Test the prongs with a multimeter to get the exact specs and go from there. I'd do it for you but not home.
    Also, the board repair service I use charges 80 an hour. I'm in the wrong line of work! Anyway, they hve all the testing equipment and expertise to repair boards. In fact that's all they do and for that I don't mind paying to have it done right the first time. Downside is that there's always the risk of losing irreplaceable boards during shipping.
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-06-2012 at 12:49 PM.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Lt Teddy View Post
    Good luck on finding someone. The best I have found is to go to an old tv repair place. He did a good job on testing the circuits and replacing the small links. Try to get an estimate. Mine fell in love with the machine and wanted one. I brought in one three different times and he raised the price every time. Went to another and at least did not rip me off. Does the machine pay the one token when you put a ball in the center part.

you should be fine with those. They have a toll free number. I bought quite a few as you do get a discount. Just because they are not on the site does not mean that they do not have them in stock.
    The machine currently does not pay out instantly on anything. It only pays if I press and hold the payout button. I cannot really check if it is crediting me a token for hitting one of the pockets as evertime I hold the payout button in it gives me 5 tokens irregardless of the results of the round played.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think it's pretty clear that you've got a circuit board issue. Before sending the boards out get a magnifying glass and check all the traces for shorts, breaks, bad solder joints, etc. do all you can before spending money on repair. my kyoraku baseball machine's board had a half dozen broken traces. an hour later and I had it working normally and I have no pcb experience.
    I checked the voltage on the mini lamps and it was 9.6V. the official nomenclature for this bulb style is T 1-3/4 wire base. They come in an assortment of specs. I've seen them for 50cents apiece to over a buck. I have a ton of bulbs laying around but unfortunately they're not specified or I'd be able to tell you the exact ones to get. There's some old threads on here about these bulbs- ill see if I can get some clarification.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have not opened the cartridge yet to inspect the boards. I may do that tomorrow if time permits. I found a local place that comes highly recommended. I have not been able to get them on the phone as of yet.

As far as bulbs go, I am going to order 10 of the #2182 bulbs from Bulb World. If they work then I will order some more as back-ups. There are two other bulbs on the machine I want to get. One is the bulb behind the Cancel lense (the one that lights up if I hit cancel or if it is out of tokens), I cannot make out any of the writing on the bulb, the only clue I really have is that the label next to it on the machine says 12 Volt. The other bulb is the one for the center tulip. I can make out "E-1819 28V" on the base of th bulb. The label next to it says 24 Volt.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

surprisingly i just found a box each of 2187s and 2182s. i tried them both and they are way too dim. as in the 2182s barely cause the filament to glow and the 2187s aren't much brighter. this makes sense because the '82s are 28V and the others are 14V. the machine is not putting out enough juice for these bulbs. so i don't know what bulbs are in others' machines but they need to be as close to the original voltage as possible. i emailed you a pic of the boxes.
    not to muddy the waters but my machine does have 3 transformers and the voltage may be less than other machines of this model. that may explain why the payout mech is so quiet.
    LT, if you have a multimeter measure the volts coming off yours that way we can see if my machine is different or if the bulbs really are that dim. it'd be a big help.
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-06-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I forgot to mention that my payout mech is pretty loud. I remember you saying that yours was quiet when describing the machine to me before I picked mine up. I will put a meter on mine to see what it is sending to the bulbs.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I forgot to mention that my payout mech is pretty loud. I remember you saying that yours was quiet when describing the machine to me before I picked mine up. I will put a meter on mine to see what it is sending to the bulbs.
    yes, will be interesting to see.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

P3066346.jpgP3066347.jpgP3066348.jpg

Well Mopar the number for my Lion machine is 2182 for bulbs.

Taking into consideration that mine only has the one transformer I took the center matrix and took out one of the bulbs. I replaced it with a 2187 and it was way too dim. I then put in a 2182 and the pictures show the results. I hope this is of help to you Aaron.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

27. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I appreciate all the help. I think I am going to try and order 10 of each and see what works best. Then I will order more of the right one to have replacements. Still not sure how to order the other two bulbs. I am still going to put a meter to my machine when I get home.

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Card Shark

Thanks
    Thanks Received

compare this pic of LEDs with the above pics of stock bulbs. quite a difference but keep in mind that they aren't as bright as the photo shows and they do cast the same color as the original bulbs. in my photo the numbers are almost washed out but my phone camera even made the 2182's look bright when in person. i've also tried every setting on my digital camera and same thing. just one of those things you have to see in person, i suppose.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by emmadog; 03-06-2012 at 04:45 PM.

31. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the other two bubs (1819) are common and can be had at radio shack and probably auto parts stores.
    sent PM bout YJA

33. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just sent the schematics and photos of the circuit boards to the guy locally who does circuit board repair. Waiting to hear what his thoughts are. I figured I would post some pictures of the boards for anyone who is interested.
    Board A 1.jpgBoard A 2.jpgBoard A 3.jpgBoard A Back.jpgBoard B 1.jpgBoard B 2.jpgBoard B Back.jpg

35. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Card Shark

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast