Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: My cabinet...work in progress

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My cabinet...work in progress

I really need a new guy to install my floors! That looks pretty nice to have under the floor. My new floor squeaks a bit when I walk on it. Yet the floor downstairs never squeaked and 10 years later still doesn't squeak. Same Installer but I guess the years have taken their toll.

I like your setup, most cabinets that you by you cannot open the door, you have to spin them around to get at the back. Plus you now have that ideal 22" height as well, so ideal for 24" stools.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quite a while without updates... but that doesn't mean I didn't do anything
    First picture gives an overview of the whole setup to date...
    To the absolute left, I made the same stand as for a pachi, but more narrow, so I can but a ball reservoir on top. This ball reservoir will buffer whatever the pachinko's need and hold 1000 balls. Only when these 1000 are finished, the lifter will lift 1000 balls to the top (about 3-4 minutes of lifting action).
    On bonus play, the 1000 is not enough, but I have faith the lifter will keep up good enough not to be a nuisance.
    DSC00365.jpg

I attach the pachi's in the cabinet using a couple of things, toggle clamps on the bottom (not yet installed, still need to order some), on top I use bolts with wing nuts (M6 thread), I would have used toggle clamps too, but I got no space to put them... Each cabinet top has 2 slots drilled out which allows for slight slope adjustment for the pachinko. This holds the pachinko in place even with the door open.
    DSC00368.jpg

Ball drain system: using gutter where possible so it's easier to spot clogging and resolve it than with tubes.
    Behind the whole cabinet I added a gutter which slopes down to the middle pachinko. From there on it goes through the table into another gutter sloping to the left ball reservoir. Every pachinko has it's own little drain pipe to the gutter. Haven't seen any spilled balls yet...
    DSC00371.jpgDSC00372.jpgDSC00373.jpgDSC00369.jpg
    The reservoir can hold more than enough balls (I'm guestimating about 25k)

The floor underlay I added to all pipes and gutters really makes this system quiet... apart from the tud where the ball falls into the reservoir you can't hear a thing.
    Pachinko: Horror Mansion, Hanamankai Kirameki, Ringu, Julie The Pinball, Yoon Sona, Hissatsu Shigotonin III, Hanafuda Monogatari
    Pachislo: Beatmania

3. The following 14 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What are you using as a ball lifter?

Is it one of those balldozers?

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks like a great setup. What type of gutter are you using? When I looked at gutters they were kind of flimsy and bent to easily to hold balls.
    Also how will you feed into the top hoppers without jamming up at the first machine?

The only thing you are missing from a Japanese parlor setup is the 6-8" shelf for your winnings.

I really like your setup!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    What are you using as a ball lifter?

Is it one of those balldozers?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post
    It looks like a great setup. What type of gutter are you using? When I looked at gutters they were kind of flimsy and bent to easily to hold balls.
    Also how will you feed into the top hoppers without jamming up at the first machine?

The only thing you are missing from a Japanese parlor setup is the 6-8" shelf for your winnings.

I really like your setup!
    Regular 8cm gutter from the hardware store. It is a little bit flimsy, but I figured that the only balls pachinko's let out are the ones you shoot, at a rate of 2 per second, which the gutter can handle.

I'm not missing that shelf, it's already cut, and ready to place, but I'm waiting with that until I'm done fiddling around, because that shelf will be in the way of working on the back.
    Pachinko: Horror Mansion, Hanamankai Kirameki, Ringu, Julie The Pinball, Yoon Sona, Hissatsu Shigotonin III, Hanafuda Monogatari

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks, how did you work out the height that you wanted? The ones I am working on had a major setback today but I'm still perservering.
    I've noticed it's not just the height but the type of seat can make a big difference as well.
    I hope the balls don't roll out of the gutter. I've had all sorts of problems like that in my build.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

my gutter system was working just fine until I replaced one of the machines with the Eva 5, it just flings balls wherever it wants :duck: I need to do some mods now
    the

LLTR

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yeah I've noticed that some of the machines tend to have a mind of their own when it comes to spitting out the balls.
    My central ball collector is on hold for a while. I just want to get the pachi I have up and running.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Could a funnel of some sort be attached flush with the bottom of the machine to guide the balls to the gutter so they can't scatter. Just a thought
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

12. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a toilet paper tube duct taped to the outle on the machine at the moment as with my temp hopper it can not be opened anyway. The plan is to have a funnel or something along those lines attached inside the cab so that I can swing the machine open and closed without the risk of anything banging around or falling off.
    the

LLTR

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I actually have a bag of funnels and have found one that looks like it will work. The thing is some machines have 2 places where the
    balls come out and some just have one.
    When my wife comes home later we are going to try it out and see if it all works.
    Hopefully it will because if it does it will be a cheap fix for people who want to not
    spend a lot of money and yet give it stability.
    Final stage tonight! I hope.

16. The following user says "Thanks" to Steve Cebu

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I got my last pachinko from storage, unpacked it... and I was happy Perfect condition after sitting for 2 years or so in a box.
    Installed everything so that now the wall looks like:
    DSC00381.jpg
    From left to right: Hissatsu Shigotonin III, Hanamankai Kirameki, Ring, Horror Mansion, Julie The Pinball
    6th pachi is ordered to fill a gap
    that leaves 1 spot to be filled...
    Haven't got a clue which pachi to get... time will tell.

18. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Look great! I'm curious as to what kind of chairs you have?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cebu View Post
    Look great! I'm curious as to what kind of chairs you have?
    My chairs are 23" 5/8 high, (about +-60 cm), while the bottom of a pachinko is about 4 inch higher (at +-70cm).
    They are actually just a couple of inches too big, because i'm slightly looking down on the screen, but I can't place the machines any higher because of my sloping ceiling in that room.
    All considered, I think it's a really doable setup

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think the only way to get anything perfect is to custom design the chairs the stands etc...
    Most of us can't afford that sort of thing so if it's close it's good enough.

My setup which I will post later is designed to work with 30" stools.
    My wife is 4'10" and I'm 5'8" Using the Julie as an example I sit at about the right height
    she looks up a little, a fair compromise considering the cost.
    The Japanese parlors seem to use 19" high stools.

I think your cabinets came out really nice. I've been following your progress right along.
    Someday I might be able to have a setup like that.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your project is very nice and a great use of the difficult space in that room.

I think a black light and some black light posters would really be cool in there !
    If you enjoy my pachinko, pinball and pachislo YouTube videos, please "like" them at:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/SirSteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That's very nice. My 3rd floor has sloping ceilings like that. I'd be afraid to use up the bottom space by bringing that out, I'd want the bottom to be shelving/storage and likely some way to store things in the gap between the machines and the wall. The slope on mine ends about 2ft from the floor, so I'd have a lot more fill/wasted space.

[s]Will you be doing something above the pachinkos?[/s] Oops! Didn't notice a second page of posts before I replied!
    Last edited by doa12; 01-23-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by doa12 View Post
    That's very nice. My 3rd floor has sloping ceilings like that. I'd be afraid to use up the bottom space by bringing that out, I'd want the bottom to be shelving/storage and likely some way to store things in the gap between the machines and the wall. The slope on mine ends about 2ft from the floor, so I'd have a lot more fill/wasted space.

[s]Will you be doing something above the pachinkos?[/s] Oops! Didn't notice a second page of posts before I replied!

If your slope starts at 2 feet, it will be a lot more waste indeed...
    If you have enough storage space elsewhere and the room is large enough, this is a viable solution.
    With me it's just that the opposite side contains the pinballs, so I only had the sloping side for the pachinko's.
    Above the pachinko's will be a 10" panel which leaves some room for battle counters to be added later.
    I think that still leaves a 2 " gap to the ceiling, which i'll be using to let the light pass from the RGB led strip I intend to add on top of the pachi's.
    It should be enough led lights to fill the whole room.

26. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Denhomer View Post
    Ball drain system: using gutter where possible so it's easier to spot clogging and resolve it than with tubes.
    Behind the whole cabinet I added a gutter which slopes down to the middle pachinko. From there on it goes through the table into another gutter sloping to the left ball reservoir. Every pachinko has it's own little drain pipe to the gutter. Haven't seen any spilled balls yet...

The reservoir can hold more than enough balls (I'm guestimating about 25k)

The floor underlay I added to all pipes and gutters really makes this system quiet... apart from the tud where the ball falls into the reservoir you can't hear a thing.
    First of all, CONGRATS on your set up. It is beyond impressive.

How do you have your Balldozer feeding all your machines? Could you show us how you have your set up on top? I'm curious how you have one ball lifter feeding all your machines.

Thanks!

28. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Threepwood

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Threepwood View Post
    First of all, CONGRATS on your set up. It is beyond impressive.

How do you have your Balldozer feeding all your machines? Could you show us how you have your set up on top? I'm curious how you have one ball lifter feeding all your machines.

Thanks!
    On the last picture, you see the balldozer pipe ending halfway up right ... that's how it still is now
    Still working on the feeding system. Will update when I can show more

30. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Denhomer

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast