Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another Pachi Noobe

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Another Pachi Noobe

Hello.
    This is my first post here, I appreciate the information on this website.

I've always wanted an authentic slot machine and just tonight purchased one from a private collector. (Craigslist $100)

It's Bellco's Automatic.
    It's a beautiful machine, in good shape and I've polished it until gleaming.

I've never played or owned a Pachislo before, this is my first and I'm trying to discover all I can about it. I've done some reading around the net and learned some basic things like resetting, adjusting the odds, error codes etc.

The only thing which I find is rather difficult to find is a simple explanation of the different displays such as the Diginavi, the Digislo and "Chance" displays, how the credits and the Win counters work etc.

I've found the button next to the reel spin knob and this small button cashes out the winning tokens, but have yet to discover what the the small button labeled "Bet" does which is located near the "Bet Max" button. I assume this "Bet" button is unused since it's a Max Bet machine?

There's a light labeled "Hit". I have no clue what that would indicate.

The lock is fixed so no key is required, just a screwdriver or token edge turns it. Is it possible to buy a new or used lock with a fitting key somewhere?

I have a few tokens with it, maybe less than 100. A major bonus win empties the hopper causing a "HE" code.
    There's a local pizza place filled with kiddie rides. All the rides work with tokens which are dispensed out of cash machines. Has anyone tried these tokens and will they work in the Pachislo machines? They seem to be about the same size.

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just fascinated by this machine, far more than I thought I would.

Automatic-766.jpg

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Another Pachi Noobe

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to the fun and addiction!!

I am a vintage Pachinko guy myself, but I am sure someone will be along soon to address your questions. I just wanted to jump in and welcome you to the forum.

Please visit us frequently and post often!!

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can buy tokens on ebay. Do not use the tokens from an amusement park. They are too expensive. tokens should run around four to five cents apiece. Their are alot of places on the site where your questions are already ansewered in the archirves. Take alook and then see if you need more help. You should have around a thousand tokens to run the machine. You can set the odds to pay alot or a little. Their are directions on how to do that.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to pachitalk. The belco automatic is a maxbet only machine the other bet button doesn't do anything. pachislo companies do this alot, it saves on design of different slot games.Some games may use 1,2,or3 bet. the machines can only hold 50 credits, then they payout. the diginavi , I believe is to tell you which reel to stop first in a bonus round. the chance light comes on when the machine gives you an easier odd to win. the digislo light is a random number game, when the three numbers are the same it can go into the bonus chance or win the bonus.. Ihope this helps you, and have fun. you did a nice cleaning job on your new addiction.
    IMAGINATION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN KNOWLEDGE

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you all for the comments and advice.

I've been playing the machine a lot and taking notes about what I observe. I've taken these notes and assembled a sort of players guide on my website:
    http://home.comcast.net/~stevedez/
    If you visit, just click the "Slot machine" button on the left.

I think I have most of it figured out except two things.

There's two indicators. One is called "Chance" and it has a display similar to Diginavi and Digislo. I haven't discovered yet what activates this feature or what its three numbers mean, butt I've heard it somehow improves the winning odds. The other is a simple light called "Lucky". I'm also not sue what causes this to light.

If "Chance" improves my odds to win, I wonder what "Lucky" means. Maybe a super-bonus round. We'll see.

9. The following user says "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I've gathered quite a bit of information about this machine and played it a lot, taking notes along the way.

I've assembled a manual in RTF format. It includes photos and explanations of the machine and explains how to do some basic things such as adjusting payouts. It also includes some things like how to clear a hopper jam, remove reels for cleaning or light replacement etc.

Anyway I hope someone finds this helpful:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YLP63B9S

It's around 21mb.

I've also compiled 15 .MP3 files showing what different sounds are etc. The Big Bonus music is shortened to under a minute. I'm not sure if anyone might want to compare the sounds to a different Bellco unit they may have.

Anyway it's under 2 mb.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JP2QQ9Y4

The ZIP file has no password.

11. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have an update.
    I've received 1000 tokens from an eBay seller, my total is 1180 tokens. It sure makes a difference when you have enough tokens to play.

I've finished an updated and final manual for this machine which is reasonably complete.

I've uploaded it to Megaupload at:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G2UPD4EU
    It's an RTF file.

I tried to do a good job, including a table of contents and lots of optimized illustrated photos. Some of the things covered in it are:

*Explaining basic play
    *Explaining the various bonuses
    *List of consumables (Light bulbs etc)
    *Location of major components and switches
    *Various reset procedures and error codes
    *How to clear a hopper jam
    *How to remove the reels
    *How to remove the belly graphics cover & change the light
    *How to remove the top graphics cover & change the light
    *How to remove/clear the token mechanism
    *How to remove the black token chutes and returns for cleaning
    *How to remove the token tray for cleaning/rust control
    *More

I am hoping someone else may find it useful. I believe most of the information within it will apply for any Bellco Pachislo machine of the period.

13. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great info on most bellco machines,as well as other machines as they are all fairly similar to each other.Good job thank you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm happy you found it useful.I am working on a newer version manual which explains both bonus rounds more completely. I'm also working on a short video. My wife says I'm hooked on it.Maybe I can talk her into a 2nd machine someday. :-0

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Once your hooked, you start looking for different themes and designs,and before you know it there's 1,2,3?4 machines. The wife gives up trying to understand why so many.Then the pachinko fever hits and look out. These pachislo and pachinko's go hand in hand.My advise is find a machine your wife would like,and go from there.

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm still working on a better manual, and I'm mainly focusing on the specifics of the BIG BONUS. I found that when you first win it, the chance window rapidly switches between "33" and "111". I was lucky enough to win the 111, which paid out 14 tokens 111 times for a grand total of 1554!

Whether or not you win the 14 for the spin depends if you stop the reels in the correct order. I don't even have 1554 tokens in the machine so I had to purposely miss quite a few to avoid running out!

I have my vid camera on while I play so I can catch all the details of the wins. I find the BIG BONUS is really illusive even with the machine set to max payout. Wouldn't you know the camera stopped just before the 111 win.

Try, try again...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thats interesting it pays out that much. All of my machines only pay the 30 total chances, in the big bonus. Thats got to be the digislo game with the numbers that gets that high, an added bonus. I like it.I may have to look for a machine with the digislo count. thanks for the info.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some more information.
    After spinning a zillion and a half times, I finally got a DIGISLO win, the one in which the DIGISLO numbers need to match a 333, 555, 888 etc.

The machine played the sound of a crowd cheering and it turned on the LUCKY light as a reward for the match.

I reported in one of my previoius posts that the "HIT" light never comes on. I was wrong. Periodically the machine will "scan" all 9 icons after a spin. If it finds a 7 it will play a loud "png" sound and both the HIT and LUCKY light will come on.

I am assuming the LUCKY light increases odds across the board for any match (Replay, bells etc), and the HIT light indicates an increase in odds for hitting 777 on the reels.
    When the HIT light is lit, the machine comes up with a lot of 7's. The player must hit 777 of matching colors to win the bonus. When the HIT light is on, the machine can hit a lot of 777's of mismatching colors which isn't a win... and the machine flashes the three mismatching 7's as a kind of teaser. "You almost got it" is what it seems to be saying.

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like you have a really fun machine,with good sound effects,and your having fun. You're definetly hooked.Whats the next one you're looking at.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by yose View Post
    sounds like you have a really fun machine,with good sound effects,and your having fun. You're definetly hooked.Whats the next one you're looking at.
    Thank you Yose.
    Yes, I sure have been having fun. Another hobby of mine is 3D CGI and I've made a nice scale model of my Automatic slot I plan to post here sometime.

I have a lot of junk around the house, mainly things of past hobbies taking up space and I'm in the proccess of selling them off on Craigslist. I hope to get 1-2 more Pachislos or 1 Pachislo and 1 Pachinko. (If I can manage to "slip" them by the Mrs)

I've had my eye on a Bellco Pink Bell Pachislo. The door lock is damaged but it's a good price. I am also considering another local vender who has a number of different Pachislo machines for $150 each. $150 is a bit pricey but I'd get to choose the one I like best from the lot.

If I end up with a Pachislo and a Pachinko, the Pachinko would likely be one of the older ones from the 70's-80's. I understand they are not as exciting as the newer ones with LCD but the price on these is right.

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

BTW
    Does anyone know the "official" height of a Pachislo stand, as they appear in Japanese parlors?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

- -

Here's the CGI model I made of my machine. I also wanted to see many of them in a room.

I hope to pick up my Pink Bell within the next few days. Keeping fingers crossed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to SteveFury

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great idea to vision what your gameroom will look like in a few weeks.A view into the near future

30. The following user says "Thanks" to yose

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello everyone I am new here and just bought my first Pink Bell and it has some issues. When I turn it on the insert medals, replay, lucky, digislo, or ant left center or right lights come on. Also the tokens just go straight through back to coin return...please help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast