Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Pachinko Pinball Machine Okumurayuki KanLess - $75 Littleton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vintage Pachinko Pinball Machine Okumurayuki KanLess - $75 (Littleton)

This machine is near me and I would be happy to inspect it and negotiate price on behalf of any members here. Send me a PM if interested.

http://denver.craigslist.org/tag/2387357718.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Pachinko Pinball Machine Okumurayuki KanLess - $75 (Littleton)

Can some one tell me the difference between this machine and a Nishijin model B of the same time period. I mean everything looks the same (besides the one badge). I saw one on Ebay and I though that someone just went and stuck a different badge on the machine. But this proves that idea wrong so what makes this special to okumurayuki.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Pachinko Pinball Machine Okumurayuki KanLess - $75 (Littleton)

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    Can some one tell me the difference between this machine and a Nishijin model B of the same time period. I mean everything looks the same (besides the one badge). I saw one on Ebay and I though that someone just went and stuck a different badge on the machine. But this proves that idea wrong so what makes this special to okumurayuki.
    could be as simple as Nishijin doing a spin off company to try and get a bigger piece of the Pachinko pie???

mmmmmmmmmPie!!!
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here is the link for the ebay ad if anyone is interested in the machine i was talking about.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1960s-TO...item20b96f1c08

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This is a strange machine. It doesnt look like an Oku at all. It looks very much like Nish B.

The other strange thing is that I thought the KanLess machines were all Nish A's with the electric recycling motor in the rear like mine.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/memb...e-machine.html

Sorry I dont have a picture of the rear electric motor that I'm talking about in my album, but I ASSUMED all the KanLess machines had the motor drive. I can upload pics of it (its in the middle of resto right now) when I get back home from my business trip.

Once again, just when you think you've figured these things out,...shot down!

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

IMGP2441 (Medium).JPGIMGP2440 (Medium).JPGIMGP2459 (Medium).JPGIMGP2438 (Medium).JPGIMGP2447 (Medium).JPGIMGP2446 (Medium).JPGIMGP2444 (Medium).JPGIMGP2445 (Medium).JPGIMGP2448 (Medium).JPG

I'm sorry friends.

I have a few photos in my comp. from when I tore down my KanLess and it should look like this. Thats why I thought was unique about the KanLess and why I bought it to begin with.

Not sure what they're selling here

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Neat machine. I like the idea of a motorized recycler. Looks like your doing a great job on the restoration. By the way if you ever need another centerpiece, I have a very similar one from a machine I tore apart. (Mine looks to be in a little beter shape than yours but I can't quite tell)

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks MX,

I've already restored that piece and its in fantastic shape (and all the plastics for that matter). I used a combination of media to make a "better then new" recreation. The photos I posted are pretty old and my resto's have been going slow but this one is on my plate right now. All I need to do is finish the nail polishing and cleaning up some of the electronics (the solenoids are a bit sticky, wiring is sloppy) and then put all back together.

I didnt have to do a Cell restore on this one and that was relief. It has some staining but it only adds to its character in my opinion. Cell redo's are pretty rough when you're short on hobby time but I still enjoy doing them.

This one also had a Formica front frame finish that was chipped in many places and I converted it to Ash Veneer which is far better then the original.

However, since you've cornered the market on Nishijin Machines I may need some help from you later

Thanks again,
    Last edited by Microbus99; 05-19-2011 at 12:29 AM. Reason: spell check

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Microbus99 View Post
    I didnt have to do a Cell restore on this one and that was relief. It has some staining but it only adds to its character in my opinion. ,
    since your leaving the cell allon are you going to recover it with anything??? at least clear mylar??

just wondering
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Microbus99 View Post
    This is a strange machine. It doesnt look like an Oku at all. It looks very much like Nish B.

The other strange thing is that I thought the KanLess machines were all Nish A's with the electric recycling motor in the rear like mine.

I ASSUMED all the KanLess machines had the motor drive. Once again, just when you think you've figured these things out,...shot down!
    I still think that "badges" and ornamentation were used randomly on some machines when the end of the production cycle was reached, but there were left over parts. For instance, I have a Nishijin B machine that has the Power Flask "thunderbird" centerpiece on it, but the machine is clearly not a Power Flash. I also have another Model B mahine that has the King and Jack panel on the right side of the play field, but again the machine is NOT a Power Flash.

My guess is that there was a "KanLess" badge left over so the manufacturer used it on this particular machine and made a FrankenPachi.

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

[QUOTE=Microbus99;408649]
    However, since you've cornered the market on Nishijin Machines I may need some help from you later
    QUOTE]

I am always happy to help if you ever need it. I agree I kinda did corner the market I guess.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    since your leaving the cell allon are you going to recover it with anything??? at least clear mylar??

just wondering
    No plans for mylar or anything like that Mo since I didnt pull the nails. Maybe just some Novus treatment. The Cell was really the best part of this machine. It must have been stored in some old shed or something because it literally had dirt clods on it. Another thing I remember was that it had neon blue colored aquarium rocks, you know those little pebbles you buy for fish tanks, stuck in the mechanism in back. It was clearly neglected but the Cell survived.

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is knida funny what ends up making a jams in a machine. Glad the cell survived can't really say that much about the machines I bought. (A few are flaking off.) I guess I'll just have to get good at replacing cells.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It is knida funny what ends up making a jams in a machine. Glad the cell survived can't really say that much about the machines I bought. (A few are flaking off.) I guess I'll just have to get good at replacing cells.
    MX...I'll tell you now, you know you're in deep when you're replacing the cell. A few of us can tell you that it takes hours and hours of time to go that far with a machine. You better have ALOT of free time!

On the other hand, seeing the product of what you've done, when its all put back together, gives you a chill inside (as long as it turned out good.

Maybe its like women having babies, they swear they would never go through that again, and then, a few months later, they want to do it again!!

I think I speak for a few of us that actually restoring the machine is better then playing them. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Nevertheless, I love them and here we are!

22. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree restoring them is just as fun as playing them. But I already know that I'll have to do some cell replacements because I have 3 or 4 machines where the cell is flaking off and some other ones with really badly water stained ones that are also faded.

24. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tough choices.

You've gotten so many machines at once you need to be selective on what you with do each machine. Bill over at http://www.vintagepachinko.com/ has no problem selling machines for parts on machines that are too far gone. There are a few others here that feel the same way. I'm a hoarder I guess and see potential in every machine.

Take your time to firgure it all out. Dont rush into anything. Explore one for a cell restore to see if its worth your time! Otherwise, sell them as is or make them parts machines.

You've got alot on your plate right now. Keep doing your inventory and keep touch with us as to your thoughts on particular machines...Or dive into the CL/Ebay world.

Not sure what you're intentions are yet as you really have'nt told us?! I can tell you, the time vs making income on restoring vintages is not in your favor unless you have huge amounts of free time and dont have a low cost of living. Just my opinion. Keep in mind its a hobby, and you can make a couple bucks on it.

Anyway, I think I can speak for many of us, we'll help you thru whichever direction you want to go!!

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I do have some machines that are too far-gone and have taken some of them apart already because other machines are only missing two parts or so. Most of the parts I'll use the rest I haven't decided what I'll do with. The machines that have the cracking cells I'll want to replace because they either off brand or they are single shot conversion or something similar with all of the mechanics. So to me anything that seems to be a little harder to find is worth trying to save. But I know what is like having to let one go because I have two national machines and one I can save but the other is missing about half of the mechanics. Most of my intentions are to clean them up and try to sell them one by one on ebay, craigslist will be where I have machines that are kinda common and are low dollar machines. Thanks for the thoughts and concerns.

28. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

one thought about single shot conversions (Nishijin "A" in mind) if you are restoring one and have a normal "A" that is being parted out but has a good cell why not just swap the cell (backing board, nails and such) thus saving a lot of the work and keeping it more original than doing the new cell. I am not saying that I don't like what has been done with some of the restorations but I have never seen anyone go this way about it.
    the

LLTR

30. The following user says "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That might be a good idea if I run into that situation. I'll have to keep that idea in mind. I already have a machine that I tore the parts of the back and the cell is in okay shape. (Too bad I already pulled the pins ,oh well future reference.) Thanks owen

32. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That might be a good idea if I run into that situation. I'll have to keep that idea in mind. I already have a machine that I tore the parts of the back and the cell is in okay shape. (Too bad I already pulled the pins ,oh well future reference.) Thanks owen
    What was your nail pulling method? Thats a constant discussion around here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast