Thread: Maruhon Pachinko "Hand Worked Type" Super Deluxe - Looking for Info!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Maruhon Pachinko "Hand Worked Type" Super Deluxe - Looking for Info!!

Back.jpgstickers.jpgGameLever.jpg GamePlay.jpg
    Front.jpg

Greetings!

I inherited this pachinko machind from my father in 2003. I've tried searching for info on it but not much is out there regarding this unit and I can't read japanese so the sticker in the lower right corner of the game field does me no good. Would anyone here be able to shed some light on this unit? I don't know if it's modern or vintage or where I could get a manual? Thanks!

Maruhon Pachinko "Hand Worked Type" Super Deluxe

2. The following 10 users say "Thanks" to manlyTrash

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Maruhon Pachinko "Hand Worked Type" Super Deluxe - Looking for Info!!

Welcome to PachiTalk!

You have a very nice looking vintage machine there! Based on the sticker in your photo, your machine was built between 1976-1978, so it definitely is in the "Vintage" category. The statement "Hand Worked Type" probably refers to the ball launch method - flipper style instead of automatic/motorized. This machine was built right around the time that machines started transitioning to motorized ball launchers. There are no manuals for these machines in existence. They were mass produced and came in a variety of themes/colors/layouts. Yours is somewhat unique in the fact that it only has tulips along the bottom for the "win" pockets. Most machines of this era have a mixture tulips and cups for win pockets.

Nice looking machine and it appears to be in great condition. Please post back if there is any other information you need. We are a very helpful bunch!!

Jeff
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to JACKSJE4

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Maruhon Pachinko "Hand Worked Type" Super Deluxe - Looking for Info!!

Well looks like Jeff has ya covered there... an i agree that a nice looking machine.. some of us wait a long time and spen a few bucks to find suce a nice clean machine.

Welcome to Pachitalk

i see there is englis writing on the cell / playfield... could you let us know what it says??? i had a machine with english writen on it like that.. but it only had writing in one place not 4 like yours..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The english text is this starting at the top left corner.

" Smile at the challenges of everday life. All it takes is a sense of humor and a responsive camera to see the pictures that are everywhere."

Vertical text bottom left. Can't see most of it as it's behind the tulip.

" expect on the camera with the"
    "Equally essential, equally"
    "system, inlucuding bellows, and"

Bottom Center

" demanding photographer want a large, extra-bright finder with exposure indicators, lens f/stop"

Bottom Right (most of the text under the tulip)

" readout and a diago"
    "Stroke rapid advance"

Thanks for all the input. Greatly appreciated. When others have posted about the power source and they say a 9 volt battery or 12, are they talking about the smaller 9 volts or the larger half brick size? Red is positive, green is negative and blue is for the palor to know when it's out of balls?
    Last edited by manlyTrash; 05-15-2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: grammer

7. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to manlyTrash

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by manlyTrash View Post
    When others have posted about the power source and they say a 9 volt battery or 12, are they talking about the smaller 9 volts or the larger half brick size? Red is positive, green is negative and blue is for the palor to know when it's out of balls?
    I use the small 9v batteries you buy at the grocery store. Radio Shack sells the parts to connect it to your machine.
    Jeff Jackson, Denver CO

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the input. Greatly appreciated. When others have posted about the power source and they say a 9 volt battery or 12, are they talking about the smaller 9 volts or the larger half brick size? Red is positive, green is negative and blue is for the palor to know when it's out of balls?

hooking up power can be a small 9 volt (like from a smokedector) batery.. or a wall wart that you plug into the wall.. just keep it around 10 volts..

as for what wires it souds like ya got it right.. but if you hook it up wrong its not going to hurt anything.. so a little trial and error will not hurt anything..

make sure your lief switches are clean and your bulbs are not burnt out..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys. What would this be worth? Rough guees is fine.

Any good postings about getting things to work? My front plastic is cracked and isn't snug in place, it moves so much that when I send a ball around it gets stuck between the plastic and game play.

Does it need power to play?

I've sent a few balls around and one went into a tulip, closed but seemed to get stuck inside. Maybe needs a good cleaning?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    hooking up power can be a small 9 volt (like from a smokedector) batery.. or a wall wart that you plug into the wall.. just keep it around 10 volts..

as for what wires it souds like ya got it right.. but if you hook it up wrong its not going to hurt anything.. so a little trial and error will not hurt anything..

make sure your lief switches are clean and your bulbs are not burnt out..
    Can't agree any more. Make sure the contacts are clean (the little pin in the leaf). And that the bulbs aren't burnt out. However, I go and use a 6v lantern battery for my machines instead of a 9v. (the only reason I do this is because I can get them for 99 cents at my local 99 cent store.) Plus we have some flashlights that use them also, so it provides some spares.

100 machines and counting...

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

Lovely looking machine
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks to all for the info. I do have some questions.

1. The front plastic that covers the game play is craked at the top and it loose. Causing some balls to get stuck. May not be the original plastic. Is it ok to replace with new? Would that drop the vaule?

2. What would this be worth. Rough value.

3. There are some balls that seem to be stuck in various places near the bottom in the back workings. Can't really seem to get them out. Not really sure what I'm doing either. Any suggestions on how to clear out the system?

Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1. The front plastic that covers the game play is craked at the top and it loose. Causing some balls to get stuck. May not be the original plastic. Is it ok to replace with new? Would that drop the vaule?

3. There are some balls that seem to be stuck in various places near the bottom in the back workings. Can't really seem to get them out. Not really sure what I'm doing either. Any suggestions on how to clear out the system?

You could get a new piece of Plexiglass cut at Home Depot. You could also use real glass and get it cut there as well. It wouldnt have any affect on value at all in my opinion. Also make sure that the glass is in the channel nearest the playfield. You do know you have 2 channels for 2 panes of glass/plexiglass dont you? You can find that out by opening the front door and see which channel your current glass is installed.

Value is hard to determine. A machine like this could probably fetch between $50-$100 on Ebay. Since you inherited it from your Father then it probably has some sentimental value and you cant put a price on that.

Unjamming balls may take a little more enginuity depending where they are. Understanding how your macine works is the best way to understand how they got jammed in the first place. First of all you need to have a couple hunderds balls is the rear upper tray to activate the jackpot lever/system. Sometimes when machines get layed down or on their side or something like that balls get where they dont belong. If this is the case, get ready to start taking it apart.

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Microbus99

Thanks
    Thanks Received

yes replacing it with either glass or plexi will increse value... a broken machine is worthless except for parts.. (im not saying your machine is a parts machine)

value is tough... location and condition... we have a few members from you neck of the wood that could give ya a better idea on value based on your location... but... a clean, working machine will enought balls to make it work right and play, should be worth at the least ??? $100 pluss... $120.00

check out my vid and see if it helps ya out... the machine i used in this vid is really close to yours..

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/vint...l-b-video.html

Good Luck to ya

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks guys!

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to manlyTrash

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can't agree more with mopar, new plexi or glass will increase the value because int means one less thing for some later to buy.

Price, for your area by looking at what is on craigslist I would put this at about $80-$90 and see what you'll get (that is if you want to sell it)

If you post a close up picture of where the jam is we could probably help you out a little more.

100 machines and counting...

23. The following user says "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received